[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who tries to follow a team building pattern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1404112214660.jpg (130KB, 485x361px) Image search: [Google]
1404112214660.jpg
130KB, 485x361px
Am I the only one who tries to follow a team building pattern in every Pokemon game?

>Always have one Fire, Water and Grass type each in the team (One of them is always the starter)
>Always have at least one early game poke, usually the first one I catch (ex. Lillipup, Caterpie, Bidoof, Pidgey, etc.)
>Always have at least one rare and/or tough endgame poke, usually either a strong monoevo or a pseudolegendary (ex. Snorlax, Hitmon-, Dratini, Beldum, Larvesta, etc.)
>Last slot is a freebie, usually someone I like from the last gen

>Secondarily, try to have Flying, Rock/Ground and Psychic in the team as secondary types, but it's not a priority like the other points

I was probably influenced by Blue's endgame team in RBY. I like to keep a balance.
>>
I hate that I always have to have some stupid bird on my team just so I can have a flier. I wish there was more variety in the shit that can learn fly
>>
>Am I the only one on /vp/ with crippling OCD?

Probably not.
>>
>>26667702
My only thing is that I go out of my way to avoid using any Pokemon I've used before, which after you've played through any given game a few times results in some weird teams. I highly recommend it if you find yourself reusing the same Pokemon over and over again.
>>
>>26667702
I like to do FWG or FWE or FIE in each run, unless I'm doing a theme run
>>
>>26667702
No you're of course not the only person who does that. But it's autistic for sure.
>>
No, but that sounds extremely boring and limited.
>>
>>26667702
>strong monoevo
>Hitmonshit
lol
>>
Yes, I am sure you're the only one who is aware that you should take type weaknesses and resistances in account when building a team. What a clever boy you are.
>>
>>26667741
They used to be monoevos, before you were even born.
>>
>>26667746
He's saying that they aren't strong not that they aren't/weren't single stage Pokemon. And with the exception of Hitmonlee, it's hard to disagree.
>>
>>26667768
>Hitmons aren't strong
Fuck off.
>>
>>26667702
Yes
>>
>>26667716
>I hate that I always have to have some stupid bird on my team just so I can have a flier. I wish there was more variety in the shit that can learn fly

Totally.

though some of the birds are boss like Starraptor, Talonflame and Braviary (but he's not a region bird).

Golurk is based for this reason,
>>
>>26667776
They fucking aren't.
>>
>>26668237
You're a shit trainer.
>>
>>26668248
Sure thing pal.
>>
>>26668275
I'm not your pal, buddy.
>>
Yes. Yes you are you tremendous pattern fagging piece of shit.
>>
>>26667776
Hitmonlee and Hitmontop are both RU, and Hitmonchan is NU.
>>
>>26668535
>Smogon tiers
Fuck off.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.