[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were a gym leader, what type of pokemon would you train?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11

File: thumbnailpic.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnailpic.png
9KB, 400x400px
If you were a gym leader, what type of pokemon would you train? Which six pokemon would you have in your team? How would its architecture and decoration be like? What kind of trainers would you recieve as "interns" or pupils of yours? How would your badge look like? Hoy would you dress? Let's be creative and get into all this sort of fun details!
>>
>>26654477
Steel Type.
Metagross, Aggron, Mawile, Magnezone, Skarmory, Empoleon, Excadrill as full team. Aggron Ace.

3 of Metang, Lairon, Mawile, Magneton, Ferrothorn for medium trainers.

2 of Aaron, Ferroseed, Magnemite, and Beldum for nubs.
Basic Strategy is to buff up, then charge headfirst into the other guy.

Juniors: Whoever, anyone can be a master of metal with me. We don't discriminate. You just gotta have a hard enough core.
Okay. That's a lie. Given the reputation Steel-Types have, if I got two identical applications, one from a man, and one from a woman, I'd take the woman to help even out the sausage fest.

Badge: A gold fist punching a silver drill. The drill is crumpling somewhat.

My costume: I have no sense of fashion. I'll hire someone to do this. I'd end up wearing sunglasses and a peacoat, with a Hawaiian shirt underneath if I dressed myself.

Main Puzzle: Boulders on a conveyor belt. You gotta push 'em faster than they come at you, while still figuring out where to put them to either access levers to reverse a belt, or cross over to a new belt. If you fall, it is the long walk back to the beginning for you. There is railing in place to catch the boulders before they crush you. STEEL railing.
Otherwise, somewhat dimly lit. All the better for the Steel types to blind you. decorum halfway between a factory and a garage. Piles of scrap metal here and there because reasons.

TM: Umm... Flash Cannon, I guess. If I get to come up with my own, then a re-typed Steel Power-up Punch.
>>
File: Grass Gym.png (678KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Grass Gym.png
678KB, 1280x768px
Made this a few months back for another thread. For 6th Gym, it'd just be without Torterra, early Lv. 40s.
>>
File: 1465114913862.png (186KB, 364x285px) Image search: [Google]
1465114913862.png
186KB, 364x285px
>>26654477
>gym leader
>6 pokemon team
>>
File: il_570xN.319606698.jpg (68KB, 413x413px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.319606698.jpg
68KB, 413x413px
Psychic

Claydol, Bronzong, Sigilyph, Xatu, Musharna and Exeggutor

I'm a biomathematician, and I'm very fond of study environments, so my gym would be placed in a mathematical research facility of sorts, with plenty of study rooms, libraries, classrooms and IT labs. It would have brutalist architecture decorated with antiques from many cultures, framed pressed plants and shade plant gardens. In the back of the building there would be a huge soundproof room with thick concrete walls, and there is where the battles would take place; in this way, the battles wouldn't disturb the people studying in the other rooms of the building. The arena would be all gray, with polished concrete walls and floor, with all the burn marks, holes and erosion left by previous battles.

I'd take as my pupils people interested in mathematics and it's branches, as well as intelectually driven pokemon trainers.

My badge would be a Moebius strip made into a ring.

I would dress as I almost always do: jeans, boots, dim-colored shirt and a grey sweater. Nothing special.
>>
>>26654609
I think he's taking in consideration the fact that u gotta have different options.
>>
File: tumblr_mba8hbSMB61ratjqio1_500.png (113KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mba8hbSMB61ratjqio1_500.png
113KB, 500x389px
>>26654677
I'd try to center my strategy around Musharna, given that it's my favorite of them, but I've not figured out how would I make it work yet. (taking any advices)

For some ambientation I'd play some tool in the background, or maybe some hardstyle.

Taking a realistic approach, I don't think TMs would exist, but I'd be pleased to teach Calm Mind or Hypnosis to a pokemon of the victorious challenger as a prize.

I'd be happy to hear any opinion or advices whatsoever.
>>
I'd probably prefer to be around 2nd or 3rd gym, I'd probably use fighting type

Meditite
Ability: Pure Power
Level: 14
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Fake Out
- Psycho Cut
- Poison Jab

Machop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Guts
Level: 14
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Level: 16
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brick Break
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Brick break TM, obviously
>>
>>26655864

The design of the gym would be based around Strength puzzles, with the option of fighting trainers to receive items, or skipping the trainers and the items
>>
File: 1465041027851.png (141KB, 936x888px) Image search: [Google]
1465041027851.png
141KB, 936x888px
Badge: Feeler Badge, based on an insect head

Costume: think Hank Pym's Wasp costume

Gym: Several forest habitat rooms connected by ant-hill tunnels

TM: X-Scissor
>>
>Type
Fire
>Team
Arcanine, Talonflame, Camerupt, Chandelure, Pyroar, M-Houndoom
>Gym
The gym would feel like the inside of a volcano, where the player will have to go through lava tubes filled with trainers. The end would be a platform over a pit of boiling lava.
>trainers
Pyromaniacs, but also hot trainers with a flaming passion for Fire Pokemon.
>Badge
A burning meteor, like a shooting star.
>Attire
Probably just my usual jeans and t-shirt, baseball cap and sunglasses.
>>
>normal
>chansey, audino, wigglytuff, miltank, minccino, swablu
>a dysfunctional hospital run by my pokemon
>doctors and nurses aids
>a caduceus
>think dr. nick
>
>>
>>26656066
>TM
Flame Charge
>>
Ground sand team!
Hippo
Excadril
Nidoking
Garchomp
Claydol
Mega Golurk
Trainers have things like Hippo Glyscore stunfisk and krookadile. You have to make your way through the correct path but you can only see briefly when the sand dies down. going the wrong way leads to more trainers and quick sand that sends you back.
In a old torch lit temple in a sandy dessert
I'd wear some archaeology gear like a ruins maniac Tfw no fossil ground type
You get the dessert sand badge which is just a lump of shit from the temple stuck on a badge
>>
Poison
Maybe 7th/8th gym
Team comprised of Garbodor, Drapion, Toxicroak, Dragalge (or high level Skrelp), Scolipede, Mega Gengar.

Gym based in a Chernobyll-esque city. Gym with Engineers, Super Nerds, and Scientists with the building itself resembling a nuclear power plant. Will be Circular gym with me near the nuclear reactor in a beefy hazmat suit.
The trainers will have combination of Muks, Weezings, Skuntanks, and a Super Nerd with Qwilfish.

My badge would be shaped like a Plutonium atom.
>>
>>26655954
Post template senpai.
>>
>>26654477
>Type
Fairy
>Team
Dedenne
Wigglytuff
Togekiss
Slurpuff
Florges (red)
Whimsicott
>Architecture and Decoration
Dark wood cabin-like interior with pink and purple accents.
>Trainers
Whoever loves Fairy types
>Badge
Pink and purple geometric abstract shapes of some kind
>Dress
I dunno. Dark jeans and a fuchsia polo shirt probably.
>>
File: tempate.png (57KB, 936x888px) Image search: [Google]
tempate.png
57KB, 936x888px
>>26657760
>>
My gym would be full to the brim with tide pools, waterfalls, and fun boating puzzles, full of trainers with 1-3 water type Pokemon

When they get to me I am on an island, and only use fire and ground type pokemon
>>
File: Ground.jpg (144KB, 936x888px) Image search: [Google]
Ground.jpg
144KB, 936x888px
Here's mine.
>>
My gym type would be flying. It would be designed like a jumbo jet and you start out in cargo working your way to the cockpit where I would be. To open the door in each area you have to battle two trainers in a double battle. My team
-togekiss(roost,dazzling gleam,air slash,magical leaf)
-noctowl(roost,psychic,uproar,tailwind)
-masquerain(silver wind,roost,water pulse,air cutter)
Noivern
Mandibuzz
Fearow

My trainer's in the gym will be various bird keepers and rangers looking to understand flying types better
My badge would be shaped like a rocket during launch with flames out of the bottom
I'd be dressed in a flight suit holding an astronaut helmet because I aspire to go to space one day
The trainers would use togetics,hoothoots,vullaby,and noibat
The TM ID give out is roost
>>
File: gym.png (144KB, 936x888px) Image search: [Google]
gym.png
144KB, 936x888px
A bit all over the place, but here's my Water gym, complete with pointless repeated pokemon!

>Decoration
Probably something minimalist; a big pool in the middle of of the gym, like Misty. Not very creative, but it works well enough.

>Trainers
Swimmers are the obvious bet, maybe with the one Sailor in there just to look at all the bikini-clad girls.

>Badge
Maybe a stylized wave.

>Costume
A swimsuit. One of those with the little skirts. Purple with yellow outlines, to match with signature pokemon.

>TM
Scald, most likely.
>>
File: Fairy Type Gym Leader Me.png (162KB, 934x887px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy Type Gym Leader Me.png
162KB, 934x887px
>Architecture and Decoration
I think I'd want to go with an enchanted forest type of thing, and have either Pokemon trainers or switches lowering gates hidden in patches of flowers that you won't know until you go through it.

>Trainer pupils
Fairy Tale Girls, Hex Maniacs, and Aroma Ladies.

>Badge
A light pink heart with a cream center and two small light blue angel wigs on the side.

>How would you dress?
Probably something very otome-kei if we're going full costumey here.
>>
>>26658571
Oh yeah, and TM would be Dazzling Gleam if we can only use pre-existing, Play Rough if we can make current moves TMs.
>>
File: vp dresseur v3-2 alt.png (4MB, 1999x2230px) Image search: [Google]
vp dresseur v3-2 alt.png
4MB, 1999x2230px
>>26654477
Ground type, probably the 6th Gym.

For the team, I'd use Krookodile, Mamoswine, Camerupt and Gliscor. My ace would be Krookodile

The Gym is an open-pit diamond mine. There are five layers, the Leader being at the last. Before reaching the stairs to a lower layer and face the Trainer that guards it, you must walk through a little maze.

The Gym Trainers would mostly be Ruin Maniacs, though anyone is welcome.

Badge would be the Diamond Badge, shaped like a blue Rupee.

TM would be Dig or Bulldoze.

Costume is shown in pic related.
>>
Here's a fun gym leader concept I thought about.
A middle-aged aristocratic Psychic Type Gym Leader that used to be a young prodigy that quickly climbed up the ranks, culminating in becoming the region's champion, only to get dethroned just as quickly. That defeat broke his fighting spirit. Instead of looking for ways to reclaim his position, he got stuck in the past unable to adapt to a quickly changing world. Even though he owns a mansion with a research lab, doubling as his gym, his followers consist of unproductive scientists and young psychics frustrated that their master's teachings do not help them progress as Pokemon trainers.
In case you can't take a hint, he is one big reference to Psychic type's downfall after Generation 1. To emphasize it further all his Pokemon are genwun psychics and his team struggles a lot with Ghost, Steel and Dark types.
After nearly effortlessly beating him for a badge and major plot happening, he resolves to stop being stuck in the past and start working towards the future. His postgame team becomes very diverse and well-rounded, about as Smogon as you can get without legendaries. There is also an optional postgame quest involving his longtime search for Meloetta, a legendary Pokemon known for not fearing Ghosts, allowing player to obtain it outside events. If you show him Girafarig at any earlier point it will turn out he had no idea about its existence and hilarity ensues. His mansion also starts hosting banquets, doubling as Pokemon Musical from Gen 5.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.