[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you feel if SM didn't have an evil team, but a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1451775667505.jpg (49KB, 499x406px) Image search: [Google]
1451775667505.jpg
49KB, 499x406px
How would you feel if SM didn't have an evil team, but a few unique antagonists you encounter throughout the game instead?
>>
that'd be awesome
>>
I'd prefer this over thinly veiled Nazis like team flare.
>>
No, everything must be as formulaic as possible or I'll get scared.
>>
>>26652786
Fund it.
>>
>>26652786
Pretty apprehensive.

Sure, quality-over-quantity but they could just as easily make a Zinnia-tier set of characters for the antagonists and completely ruin the games.

Would be interesting to have an evil Pokemon for once.
>>
>>26652832
Well, even if they're shit, they'll at least be somewhat memorable.
>>
>>26652786
That'd be really quite cool. Considering how GF hasn't quite revealed any info regarding the antagonists, this might be a possibility.

What kinda antagonists are you thinking of?
>>
>>26652832
What precisely was wrong with Zinnia?

She just struck me as mentally ill, but she wasn't a bad character.
>>
>>26653026
A shitty Mary Sue whose goal was just as autistic as herself.
>>
>>26653026
Speaking as a fellow Zinnia hater, she really felt like a Mary Sue during ORAS. Particularly with her risking the planet's safety just to prove that her method was better...somehow. (No, her alt universe justification does not work here.) Not to mention her walking around with 7 pokemon is annoying, even if her Whismur doesn't fight. And her backstory feels really rushed and needlessly similar to your garden-variety sob-story.
>>
>>26652786
An Evil team has a reason to be doing what they do. It may be a weak reason, but it is still a coherent one.
It also provides for a flow of baddies to sneakily increase the level of the next gym, and by extension, everything.

Individual baddies have a certain risk of turning out like Zinnia. Show up out of bum-fuck nowhere, crazy around for a few hours and shit every where, then disappear into the night once they are done. They don't HAVE to turn out this way, but we all know GF.
What's more, there would be little sense of progress. You've beaten Babyfarts Mcgeezax, but that has absolutely no bearing on what Billy the Kidd is doing in the next town. You don't feel like you are getting anywhere.

The Zinnia concern is the bigger one. GF has a hard enough time writing for one villain. Trying to get them to write for five is certain to result in the character Sinistro, who introduces himself as a bad man who is mean to his pokemon before stealing the rock of the lake, and camping out in a cave until you beat him and his team of Zubat, Grimer, and regional rodent causing him to lament.
>>
File: 1460670463436.png (98KB, 197x247px) Image search: [Google]
1460670463436.png
98KB, 197x247px
>>26653014
Ones that are united through a common goal but don't take orders from each other, only from the leader. I'd probably have 8-10 of them total, not including the leader. I'd make the leader as vague of a person as possible, someone similar to Cyrus, where he doesn't give many orders nor ever show himself. Each villain would get their own little mini arc and you'd encounter them before or after getting a badge. Some of them might be people you know, or someone already affiliated with the pokemon league. The villain arcs might even extent to post game.

That's the format I would go with, anyway. Don't know what I'd do for the antagonist goals.
>>
>>26653026
People taking a children's game story too seriously.
She's just annoying as hell. Her non-battle theme is good though.
>>
All I care is about battling interesting battles. Who or why doesnt matter.
>>
>>26652786
I'm sick of everything being dropped once you get the 7th badge so you can fight like 20 low level grunts and one or two guys at the end.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.