[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shilled to death and back >not even top 10 in poll for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>shilled to death and back
>not even top 10 in poll for its target audience

LOL FLOP
>>
I vote to replace lucario with lopunny
>>
What poll?

What were the results?
>>
>>26650603
Japanese poll to determine what mon is most wanted for a special distribution

winner was Grenigger followed by Arseus
>>
It's also why Simisear threads keep popping up; according to the poll Simisear is the least popular mon of all time
>>
File: 1401168587075.jpg (91KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1401168587075.jpg
91KB, 409x393px
>breaking the top 20

DON'T STOP ME NOW I'M HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME I'M HAVING A BALL
>DON'T STOP ME NOW I'M HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME I'M HAVING A BALL
>breaking the top 20

>breaking the top 20

>breaking the top 20

>>
The polls for distribution events are usually biased towards event mons.

I think it says more about how fucking popular Greninja is than anything else.
>>
File: image.png (193KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
193KB, 400x300px
>>26651210
>the damage control
Lucario is a fad
>>
>>26651240
It was popularity poll and it wasn't until much later when it got revealed that the winner would get an event distribution. By then the votes were already going to Greninja.
>>
>>26651249

It doesn't help that the votes were held during the data broadcast for the show, in the middle of the Greninja dicksucking arc. Of course kids would vote for him.
>>
Hope it doesn't make it to 5mash.
>>
>>26651295
Sylveon got there though.
>>
>>26649463
>Secret conference at Gamefreak

"Masuda-sama! The polls are in!"
"Idesune! Begin the Lucario distribution!"
"...Actually, Lucario did not win. Greninja did."
"Ahh, so it is. Well then, announce that as a surprise, all top 5 pokemon will be distributed!"
"...Actually, Lucario is not in the top 5 either. it got 15th, actually."
"..."
"Uh... Masuda-Sama? Shall we begin destributing Greninja?"
"No. Announce that Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio were fake leaks. Announce that they were drawn by the same fools who drew Roothoot and Ballio. For Poketto Monsters, Sun and Moon, the new starter shall be Lucario. Shiny, at level 30, with its new hidden ability, Gale Fists. Peope will understand that Lucario is the best Pokemon, it was engineered to be the best, hahaha.
>>
File: image.gif (396KB, 250x175px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
396KB, 250x175px
>>26651295
Even if you discredit Greninja, you have 13 other pokemon outranking Lucario, a pokemon heavily featured in literally all pokemon and overhyped in all games even shortly before its debut, given fantastic type and movepools and mega forced on all players of XY--I would expect nothing short of a top 3.
>>
>>26651321
This is stupid. You're stupid for writing this.
>>
>>26651321
>"No. Announce that Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio were fake leaks. Announce that they were drawn by the same fools who drew Roothoot and Ballio. For Poketto Monsters, Sun and Moon, the new starter shall be Lucario. Shiny, at level 30, with its new hidden ability, Gale Fists. Peope will understand that Lucario is the best Pokemon, it was engineered to be the best, hahaha.
I want this
>>
>>26651321

Lucario is Sugi's fursona, Masuda has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>26651305
Sylveon appeals to a completely different audience. Greninja and Lucario probably overlap a lot in that regard.
>>
>>26651429
So you admit Greninja IS the better Lucario? Kek
>>
>>26651585
I'm not the guy you were arguing with, just chiming in.
>>
>>26651321
>Masuda-sama

Stopped reading there. You clearly have no idea. Lucario is KEN SUGIMORI'S fursona, not Masuda's.
>>
File: 41173538_p10_master1200.jpg (161KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
41173538_p10_master1200.jpg
161KB, 900x600px
>>26651429
Lucario is my least favorite pokemon, while Greninja is my overall Favorite. I'm not so sure there's much of an overlap.
>>
>>26651827
Lucario is my favorite Pokemon and I don't really care for Greninja, but I would have voted for Greninja because I like the current anime arc and the concept of synchro
>>
>>26651877
Shit taste all around
>>
File: butt-head.jpg (49KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
butt-head.jpg
49KB, 500x378px
Are there full results of this poll? I only ever saw top 100.
>>
I hate when people talk about the "target audience" for specific pokemon. Or Gamefreak "Shilling" for specific pokemon.

It's all the same game, guys. We all drink the same kool-aid here
>>
>>26649463
You're welcome. Together we are one faggot.
>>
>>26651333
>Even if you discredit Greninja, you have 13 other pokemon outranking Lucario
Of which nine beat it because they're legendaries that actually need events like this to be obtainable. Their 'popularity' is almost certainly more forced than anyone else on the chart specifically because people are only voting for them due to events.

Considering that, Lucario did pretty fucking well. In addition to still beating half of the aforementioned, virtually everything that beat him had a perfectly logical reason to do so.
>Greninja
>Pikachu
>Sylveon: New type mascot + Eevee coattails
>Charizard: literally keeps the tcg profitable
>Eevee: Possibly the series' most popular gimmick Pokemon, almost everyone likes at least one Pokemon it's attached to

Most of the things you describe happened ten years ago, anyway. The current generation of kids won't give a shit about that when they have the new Lucario that has an even better type, an even better movepool, an even stronger snowflake form, and a bigger presence in the anime.
>>
File: yotsuba B face.jpg (6KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
yotsuba B face.jpg
6KB, 184x172px
>>26651263
No I reckon it's a good thing
>>
>>26654899
>Their 'popularity' is almost certainly more forced than anyone else on the chart specifically because people are only voting for them due to events.

Are Japs really this self-aware to be able to let go of muh faves in order to turn this poll into a legendary pinata?
>>
>>26651827
>I hate this shilled furbait mon but I love this shilled furbait mon

okay?
>>
>>26651210
Please stop ruining Queen.
>>
>>26649463
No shit, you can easily get a Lucario in X/Y.
>>
>>26651321
Sugimori's more likely the one obsessed with Lucario
>>
>>26649463
But anon, if it's not popular doesn't that mean your hipster ass has to like it? It's from the Best Generation Ever, after all. ;^)
>>
>>26655529

This, there is a difference in availability between a Lucario that is given to you as a complimentary sample in-game and a starter.
>>
>>26654899
Yeah, no.
>"best" rank in PMD in a game even before it debuted on Gen 4
>own movie
>special snowflake abilities and typing to appeal to children
>forced "ace"/signature of every fighting type and special snowflake characters in every gen it featured in
>three times in gen 4 with Maylene, Riley and Cynthia having her hair/ear accessories similar to lucario's dreads
>even given a level equal to Bruno's Machamp
>literal forced first mega on all XY players
>broken ability and mega
>features prominently across all media
>even being made a "second" mascot
>always depicted as powerful in anime
>another trainer in Gen 6 that uses it as the ace
>furious fists poll reset because it lost the first round against toxicroak
Again, I would expect nothing short of top 3. There is nothing logical about other choices outranking it simply by the sheer advantage of lucario promotion that even legends only get half of for their respective movies
>>
>>26655529
>>26655582
The give away wasnt even announced until halfway through the polls LMAO the fucking excuses
>>
>>26649463
>being this retarded
One, it was in the top 15. Two, other countries tend to have different opinions on certain matters. Americans love this fucker to death. If you were to create a poll for Lucario in America, it would probably make it to top 5.
>>
>>26655741
>being this retarded
>forgetting how much exposure furcario was given for a decade
>not understanding relationship between heavy promotion and end result popularity
Sure is summer here
>>
File: 1365557811446.jpg (102KB, 677x652px) Image search: [Google]
1365557811446.jpg
102KB, 677x652px
>>26655654

It could have been anticipated based on similar events. World didn't began just few days ago. :^)
>>
>>26655806
So nobody wanted a lucario with a new event move? :^(
>>
File: 1314556587040.jpg (104KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1314556587040.jpg
104KB, 681x1024px
>>26655619
Don't forget Smash. Smash was the first big sign of many things to come. It's also completely unfun to fight because it's awarded for taking hits and the longer it stays alive the more dangerous it gets.
>>
>>26655802
It was still in the top 15. You're acting as if it wasn't a popular choice out of 720 pokemon.
>>
File: 1392507544414.png (182KB, 800x605px) Image search: [Google]
1392507544414.png
182KB, 800x605px
>>26651827
>Lucario is my least favorite pokemon, while Greninja is my overall Favorite. I'm not so sure there's much of an overlap.

>"I hate Lucario because I declined to join its bandwagon, so the logical path for me to take is to jump on bandwagon of Lucario 2.0": the post
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.