[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"MUH BATTERY DIED AFTER I CAUGHT A SHINY!" This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: image.gif (2MB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 400x310px
>"MUH BATTERY DIED AFTER I CAUGHT A SHINY!"
This literally never happened to anyone, and anyone who says this/ever said this needs to be shot.
>>
I almost had it happen once because I was playing on breaks at work and it almost died while I was still technically in battle, but the ball had clicked. Battery light was blinking red when I got home.
>>
S A V E
A
V
E
>>
Happened once to me, with a Chinchou. Wasn't too big of a deal sonce it was an XY fishing shiny, so it wasn't like it was rare or anything, and it was completely my fault for even attempting to do it at low battery.
>>
Those p-frame gifs still frighten me after all these years and that's the last image I would have expected to be one.
>>
>>26646879
I know someone who encountered a shiny Latios during my lunch hour in high school. He ran around showing people his DS. When his DS died, he yelled at the too of his lungs and threw it to the ground, not kidding.
>>
File: 1464348864374.jpg (60KB, 376x425px) Image search: [Google]
1464348864374.jpg
60KB, 376x425px
>>26646879

>ITS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME SO THAT MEANS IT NEVER EVER HAPPENED AT ALL.

bet you must be the type who spouts "Am I the only one?" bulllshit too.
>>
>>26647909
>>26647924
If you are brain dead enough to not keep it charged, check your battery beforehand or save after you capture it, it is on you.
>>
>>26646879
I ejected a DS cart without saving. Pretty much the same thing. Go fuck yourself.
>>
I did this. Shiny numel in ruby version. I stayed up all night training it to sexy black Camerupt and fell asleep before saving. It was my second ever shiny.
>>
>>26646879
I spent 2 days hoard hunting a shiny Minun, told myself i'd give up once the battery died, showed up and battery gave out before i could find the charger
>>
>>26647909
Lati@s is determined at the beginning of the fucking game so he could have just found it again later.
>>
>>26648001
>setting self up for impending doom
Why would you jinx yourself so badly? Do you hate yourself?
>>
File: HNI_0061.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0061.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>26646879
>tfw ran from a shiny on purpose

go away golbat i already got several of you shiny
>>
No, but I have budged the cart and have it lock up right after catching a legend and such things
>>
>>26646879
never had this problem because I've never caught a shiny let alone come across one that isn't scripted
>>
>>26646879
Happened to me with a Dugtrio. I didn't actually care though.
>>
>>26648973
same famygdala, feels bad man

didn't play much of gen 6 though, I probably would have if I did
>>
>>26646879
Happened to my brother once, he found a shiny Cactnea in Sapphire and right as he was collecting the dex info, it died.

>>26647949
No shit that it's the fault of the person who's battery ran out, but that doesnt mean it never happens.
>>
>>26646879
This actually legitimately happened to me. I was playing Gold on my GB Color (which, as we remember, didn't have an indicator for battery strenght). Shiny Raticate popped up and I painstakingly tried to explain to my Alzheimers-riddled grandfather what it meant. I spent so much time trying to explain to him how great it was that my GB died before I even caught it.

I miss you Grandpa Joe
>>
>>26649022
I've probably played 10k hours, gen II to VI, and have never encountered a single shiny except the scripted ones
I mean I've never really cared but it just shows my shit luck
>>
>>26649072
>(which, as we remember, didn't have an indicator for battery strenght)
But that's wrong there was the red light on the side of the screen .
>>
>>26649205
The red light was always there, and when you turned it off, it went off.

It didn't indicate whether it was low battery or not.

That wasn't until the Advance, which would be green normally and then go red.
>>
>>26649218
>It didn't indicate whether it was low battery or not.
The dimmer it was the less charge there was
>>
File: guy.jpg (23KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
guy.jpg
23KB, 240x255px
>it's a safari zone shiny

post yfw
>>
>>26649366
Fuck anon, I'm sorry that as a 4-year-old I lacked the ability to compare the brightness of a light to the battery left on a game.
>>
>>26649381
>caught a shiny in a safari zone
>it was the OR/AS one
feels good
>>
File: HNI_0062.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0062.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>26649383
Surely you would have noticed after a few times, though?

>>26649409
>mfw finding a safari zone shiny
>it was in gen 3
>>
I had a shiny absol in ruby

after about 300 hours of game time i reset my game but forgot about to trade the shiny absol over to my other game

ever since, i haven't seen a shiny. i think i'm cursed
>>
>>26649381
I have a shiny Heracross from when I was a kid from Emerald's Safari Zone
>>
Anyone ever get more than 1 shiny in a day?
>>
>>26646879
Nice gif of Vinny. Saved
>>
>>26649554
Yep,I got 3 in one day. 2 on horde and 1 on friend safari.
>>
>>26649658
I got 4 in one day. SR'd Latios and 3 chain fished.

I got 27 in one day once but RNG abuse is a little overpowered
>>
>>26649554
Bred 2 in one day. One cyndaquil, one feebas (now a milotic because I don't like shiny feebas)
>>
>>26646879
the only thing worse are those dumb cunts that spend hundreds of hours soft resetting for shinies without having dedicated spore/false swipers for an easy catch then end up killing it
>>
>>26649554
I got a shiny Taillow and a shiny Geodude within two hours of each other on Emerald.

I caught the Taillow. Ended up resetting within a day. I haven't seen a shiny since.
>>
>>26650141
>that guy that SR'd for rayquaza and led with zapdos
>zapdos has pressure
>doesn't even weaken it

Synch lead, Damp Parasect, and Truant Durant if you really want to guarantee it.
>>
>>26649554
Not too long ago, around March I believe, I got a Spiritomb I purposely SR'd for in Pearl in the afternoon, then at night swtiched to SS where I found an Oddish, and like 30 minutes later a Bellsprout. I was looking for a Venonat which to this day I still haven't had the time to find.

All of them were full odds, no chain fishing or shiny charm bullshit. All three appeared in the a span of about 4 hours.
>>
>>26646879
>get excited
>drop gba
>batteries/cartridge pops out

I can believe this

>batteries run out

Not really
>>
I did find and catch a shiny Starly after I started a new game in Diamond, but I didn't delete the last save file and thus I had no way of keeping it

True story
>>
>>26649381
I found a shiny wobbuffet and all it's pink glory in pokemon emerald.I snuck up to it twice and it didn't even run. When i caught it and checked out it's info it was BRAVE.Fuck yea i made so many clones and traded them for a lot of legends in platinum
>>
>>26649383
So you knew what a shiny was at 4 but didn't know how to tell how much battery was left?
You knew how to even play the game at 4?
Lol shut the fuck up.
>>
>>26649554
i found a shiny magmar in SS burnt tower basement before I went to hang out with my mates. when I came home I started up the game to leave the tower and got a shiny ratatta
>>
i had a shiny litleo on my 3ds which went into a pyroar and i accidentally left my ds on a fucking sofa in a french hotel
french fucks stole my first shiny
>>
>tfw never even caught a shiny

pls
>>
>>26649381
>yfw it ran away
>>
>shiny geodude appears
>attack for easy catch on next turn
>"geodude used self destruct"

mfw
>>
>find a a shiny solosis
>while using a emulator with no cheats on
>tfw it's 2016 and people still don't believe me
>>
>>26656717
I caught a shiny Tentacruel in Silver
I think that actually the only shiny I found outside of X/Y's lopsided odds in friend safari.
I was super excited, and being a kid, my first thought was to show it to Mr.Pokemon cause he had extra dialogue after the red Gyarados
On my way there my battery died.
>>
>>26653206
Uh, the Pokemon was gold and shined?
Yes, I knew how to play Pokemon at 4. I was reading full books at age 3 and Pokemon fostered my already advanced reading skills.

How old were you when you first picked up Pokemon, anon?
>>
>>26646879
It actually happened to me but noone gives a fuck, including me, because in Gen 6 there are shinies galore :^)
>>
>>26646879
Swear to God, this actually happened to me back in G/S age.

Shiny Rattata caught in Kanto. Tried to save the exact moment after catching it, but the battery died as soon as I pressed A.

It wasn't my first shiny encounter, either, which made it even more stupid, since I should not have been so surprised when I saw those flashy stars around it.
>>
>>26656858
No. 4 year olds are retarded. All of them. Most of them can barely go a day without almost killing themselves. Kids in general are retarded until about age 6 or 7.
You were not playing Pokemon at 4.
>>
>>26656973
I literally was playing Pokemon at 4. You do realize some children learn to read at very young ages, right?

I spent all day reading the Pokedex on Stadium just to learn more words.
>>
>>26656973
not him but
>generalizing kids when there's four year old children that can play beethovens music on piano better than you will ever be able to, no matter how hard you'll learn from now
>>
>>26656998
Reading or no, 4 year olds don't have the attention span or motor function to play Pokemon, unless you call "pressing buttons and getting frustrated when something they want to happen doesn't happen" "playing."
>>
>>26657013
I don't get your problem, dude. You couldn't in a million years prove me wrong. I could be lying (and I'm not) and you would have nothing to do about it.

As the other poster said, there are child prodigies everywhere. The only difference is I wasted my abilities on a stupid video game and now I'm stuck arguing with autists like you instead of composing symphonies.
>>
I saw a Shiny Lugia on my Crystal version when I was a kid. I didn't understand the weight of what was in front of me. I was tired and just savescumming to capture the fucker and didn't even understand what a shiny was. I should have used my Masterball, but I was a dumb piece of shit. I killed it by accident because my Scizor with False Swipe got KO'd.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.