[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what was the real reason for not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: 1462544949404.png (249KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462544949404.png
249KB, 800x800px
Now that the dust has settled, what was the real reason for not making Pokemon Z? Did GameFreak seriously pass up the game just to troll Zygardefags?
>>
Completely abandoned. Basically what happened was they made regular Zygarde a disappointing sack of shit, spent some time making alternate forms for it, couldn't think of anything interesting to do with any of them and just announced Gen 7 instead.
>>
>>26631990
Bullshit. GF never planned Z (Strange fucking souvenir says hi) so they decided to wrap Zygard stuff in Sun and Moon
>>
Too many mistakes/loose ends that couldn't be fixed with a quick cash grab 3rd game.
>>
Basically because their regular third version pattern hasn't been working out like usual due to slight decline in third version sales, they're trying to mix up the formula like usual.

You'll notice Gen V didn't have a traditional remake game or third version as well. It's simply more profitable to make generations a year faster, I suppose.
>>
>>26631980
Third versions don't sell well. Zygarde was put into the game to trick people, like how everybody thought Kyurem meant Pokemon Grey.

The whole anime thing is a big advertisement for it and Synchro-evo in SM. Making merch and putting it in the anime, then skipping to SM would make more money than making a Z or X2Y2.
>>
>>26631980
If you didn't noticed new pokemon games follow certain pattern:
new gen>remake>new gen>remake>(...)
>>
>>26631980
XY were so fucking bad that not even a Z could fix them.
>>
>>26631980
This is actually coherent with what the King of /vp/ said. Times have changed. F2p online games, smartphone games
Too many valid alternatives and distractions for a kid. Unless you are obsessed and suffer from pokeautism, you dont squueze the game anymore until the last drop. Thats why gen6 seemed soulless for old fans of the franchise. Regardless of new features and gimmicks, a third version is still a game with the same starters and region of 3 years ago. They cant afford milking the cow that much anymore
>>
>>26632021
XY probably would have gotten a time skip game like BW if things went better. Would have been cool actually to see how things changed and with memory link goodies.
>>
They realized Kalos was shit and wanted to get a new gen out by the 20th anniversary.

The new formes will be plopped nto SM with no fanfare, pomp, or circumstance. They will just exist and Zycucks will still claim plot relevance despite it doing nothing.
>>
Didn't Nintendo tell them to cut the third version crap unless the game was significantly different, like B2W2? Even then, GameFreak wanting to focus on SM for the 20th also makes sense.
>>
>>26632082
>The new formes will be plopped nto SM with no fanfare, pomp, or circumstance. They will just exist and Zycucks will still claim plot relevance despite it doing nothing.

You seriosuly have a problem.

Not to mention that XY received a lot more positivity than gen 3, 4 or 5
>>
>>26632113
>I DISAGREE SO I WILL BERATE YOU

Grow up, kid.
>>
>>26632021
the most sensible answer I've seen. I didn't want to buy a game that was the Kalos adventure again, oh only this time some power plant doors are open and that lime-green bastard is everywhere.
>>
It was better off to celebrate 20 years with a new gen than Z

You have understand they plan this shit in advance

They don't have time to make a new Gen unless they took an entire year off, otherwise we probably would've gotten Z in 2015

So they stuck with the idea of a gen 7 for the 20 year special
>>
>>26632113
>Not to mention that XY received a lot more positivity than gen 3, 4 or 5

Sure at first. What are the general opinions of it right now? Reasonably good I imagine but with some complaints here and there.
>>
>>26632113
>unpopular opinions: the post
>>26632082
This guy gets it
>>
>>26632102
>Didn't Nintendo tell them to cut the third version crap unless the game was significantly different, like B2W2?

Yep, Masuda even said Z would be too obvious and they want to surprise people. Also the backpacker and teasing Alola in Kalos.

But that also means GF planned things in advance so some throwbacks to Kalos wont be surprising.
>>
>>26632144
>Reasonably good I imagine but with some complaints here and there.

Which generation doesnt get complains though?
>>
>>26632166
II, it's only main universal complaint is its level structuring.
>>
>>26632171
Oh come on, it gets lots of complains aswell like empty kanto, horrible pokemon selection, team rocket being a joke etc
>>
>>26631980
Complete Zygarde is likely too ambitious for a 6th generation game. Also with pressures to deliver on the series 20th anniversary, it made more sense to move forward and include it on a later installment.
>>
They were completely satisfied with XY and Kalos to start with. Probably because it had the longest dev time since RBY.
>>
>>26632139

>You have understand they plan this shit in advance

I think a lot of people forget this fact
>>
There is literally no indication that GF planned to make a Z game. The Zygarde forms will be in Sun and Moon, likely given to a post game story like the delta episode.
>>
>>26632021
>due to slight decline in third version sales
???
third version have been increasing in sales since Emerald
>>
>>26631980
start thinking with money answering most of our questions.

money is the answer that fits almost every question.

marketing? new console coming? new team?
>>
>ITT: Cucks willing to reply to anything
>>
>>26632059
Fuck off genweenie.
>>
ORAS put such a bad taste in people's mouth in Japan that they needed to just move on.
>>
>>26632937
>I USED THE BUZZWORD AGAIN MOM! XDDD
>>
>>26633075
Hook, line and sinker
>>
>>26632973
Wait japan hated oras? Wonder how they reacted to the lack of the battle frontier.
>>
>>26631980
They realized they needed the all their resources to finish Sun & Moon by the end of 2016.
>>
>>26631990
>>26632082
Did Zygarde rape your mother or something anon?
>>
>>26633090

IIRC. Masuda appeared on some NicoNico stream and they all screamed at him about it. They also hate Zinnia.
>>
>>26632139
Best answer here
>>
File: RIP Third Versions.png (46KB, 701x714px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Third Versions.png
46KB, 701x714px
>>26632369
Barely.
>>
>>26632014
>Too many mistakes/loose ends that couldn't be fixed with a quick cash grab 3rd game.

I highly doubt that.
>>
File: samurai jack what.png (196KB, 365x327px) Image search: [Google]
samurai jack what.png
196KB, 365x327px
>>26633698

OR/AS sold more than B2/W2?

How?
>>
>>26633864
B/W2 is a third game, even if it kind of wasn't.
>>
>>26631980
I would have bought Pokemon Z: One Patch of Grass version and would have loved to be disappointed.

You'd think that with the genwun pandering they'd make another third version.
>>
>>26631980
>Did GameFreak seriously pass up the game just to troll Zygardefags?
Yes, game freak actually cares about non-noatalgiafag adults that belong to a boogeyman group made up on /vp/. Oh, and their business strategy includes trolling people.

There wasnt gonna be a z.
>>
Masuda once stated at some point that a new generation game sells more copies than a third version or sequel.
>>
>>26631990
>they made regular Zygarde a disappointing sack of shit
Best post gen 3 legendary design.
>>
>>26633864
Look on the bright side. The BW sequels is the most sold 3rd version.
>>
>>26633864
Well for starters they have Kyogre and Groudon on the boxart instead of those dragon abominations.
>>
>>26633523
>They also hate Zinnia

>Some Japanesse fan created a page where he says why he dislikes Zinnia
>"JAPAN HATES ZINNIA"

Sure, anon, sure
>>
>>26633864
We've already established that third versions tend to sell poorly (compared to other entries in the series anyway) and BW2 are essentially the third versions of BW in the publics eyes. On the other hand, ORAS are remakes which tend to sell well.
>>
>>26634167
>Some Japanesse fan
>>
>>26633523
I don't think that means they hated the whole game for sure, and I doubt that could make them cancel Z.

Besides, I'm the anon who told you about the Frontier backlash anyway.
>>
>>26633523
It's Mega Man Legends 3 all over again.
>>
>>26634717
Except Sun and Moon were planned from the start and were never cancelled.
>>
>>26635103
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Here's hoping that the BF actually is in SM after all the trolling in ORAS.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.