[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/, I'm an old shit and I've never played Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: GaryKetchem.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
GaryKetchem.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
Hey /vp/, I'm an old shit and I've never played Pokemon before, but I've always heard how good it is. With the new Moon and Sun games coming out this year, I figured I'd give Pokemon a try. What games should I play to figure it out and get a feel for it? I can download whatever emulator, so I don't care which games they are, as long as they are the best.
>>
Play Black or White, and the sequel if you enjoy it. If you decide you like Pokemon, play Platinum and/or Heartgold or Soulsilver after that.
>>
Black/White 2
Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Platinum
Emerald

These are what are usually considered the best game. After that you can really play whatever you want if you enjoyed playing Pokemon.
>>
File: Squirtle.jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Squirtle.jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>26623836
>>26623833
That's interesting, I figured Y and X would be the best ones because the graphics are the best, like this picture of Charizard(?) from Pokemon Y
>>
>>26623814
BW2. It helped me get back into the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2SA4GyXb2U
>>
>>26623862
Also, charizard sucks in battle.
>>
The DS games-Platinum, Heartgold/Soulsilver, Black/White, and Black/White 2 are all solid Pokemon games that should give you a feel for modern Pokemon mechanics. Any of them are a good starting point, though BW2 should only be played after BW. Emerald is a pretty good game, though the mechanics are kind of outdated. Firered/Leafgreen is okay, but any main series game earlier than that is too outdated to start with.
>>
>>26623890
What? I thought it was one of the legendary Pokemons?
>>
>>26623814
Black/White first and if you enjoy that play the sequel. If you don't like the pixels than play X/Y or ORAS first though they're considered by some to not be that great (I personally disagree).
>>
>>26623882
that was pretty badass. What's the best pokemon? Is it the blue one?
>>
>>26623943
Up to your preference, really. I know people say it's better to play BW before BW2 but I really think BW2 is a better first experience with Unova. And then playing BW as a prequel would help you get through it better because you get interested in what happened 2 years ago as you learn more about it through BW2.
>>
>>26624080
No i was asking you the what the best pokemon is, not the best game is. Are the individual animals called Pokemans?
>>
Nice bait.

FireRed and LeafGreen are the best games to start with for a total beginner. They're the original games, updated enough that they haven't aged horrifically. I recommend starting there.

Moving forward, you could play Emerald, but it's honestly skippable.

Definitely play HeartGold or SoulSilver, then Platinum. Black or White are good, and if you liked the feel of them, try their sequels.

If you're still into the games, X and Y aren't the worst things ever, but I recommend skipping OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. They're really not worth it.

Have fun, faggot.
>>
>>26623943
Yes, Samurott is the best pokemon
>>
Honestly you should go for Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver they are one of the most funnest, and probably one of the most immersive Pokémon games. Its a great way to start off as you get to experience your first region, and ge to visit one of the older ones which makes you want to dig in to the series more.
>>
>>26623814
I would not recommend b/w or b/w2. Lots of people have Rose tinted goggles for them. Also, a significant portion of content from the games(like catching lots of older pokemon) required online, and does not exist anymore. Pick up either platnium or heartgold/soulssilver(these 3 are on DS) or X/Y(3ds).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.