[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we will NEVER get new evolutions/pre-evolutions for pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: pikachu_sad_by_fox9er-d5wnbvd.png (77KB, 1024x553px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu_sad_by_fox9er-d5wnbvd.png
77KB, 1024x553px
>tfw we will NEVER get new evolutions/pre-evolutions for pokemon

>ONLY Megas

Fuck you Masuda, there are better items for my pokemon to hold
>>
Remember the mixed reaction to Gen 4's evolutions?

Most of them were disliked, or met with indifference, the only exceptions being Weavile, Electivire, Gallade, Mamoswine, and Yanmega.

That's why we're not getting cross-gen evolutions anymore.
>>
>>26616772
>implying that giving mawile a mega isnt the best thing that happened to it since it was introduced.
>>
>>26616832
Damn, I wish Magmar's perfect design hadnt been ruined forever
>>
>>26616772
Mixed blessing, now these Pokemon can get boosts that are greater than anything a real evo could have asked for

see >>26616878
>>
Megas are probably the most epic thing to come out of Pokemon in years. You can not like them but it doesn't matter because millions of others do
>>
>>26616772
if it saves us from crap like mime jr, bonsly, happini or munchlax, I'm ok with that, even if it means shuckle will never get an evolution to boost its HP.
>>
>>26616878
The only things mega evolutions did is to reduce the amount of new Pokemon, made overpowered legendaries stronger and refuse Pokemon like mawile a second evolution.
>>
File: Barnacles 2.png (186KB, 364x285px) Image search: [Google]
Barnacles 2.png
186KB, 364x285px
>>26617714
i will admit, legendaries and pokemon already in the uber teir shouldnt get megas, but the only base you have for less pokemon is that kalos had 70 new mons, and we dont know how much alola will have.
as for actual evolutions, do you think that an actual evolution of mawile or pinsir would reach even the slight amount of usefulness that their megas gave them?
>>
>>26617778
slightest*
>>
>>26617778
Take mawile for example. Nobody uses mawile without transforming it to its mega form because it's shit. So why didn't they just make a second evolution out of mega mawile's design and stats?

I was actually hyped for Mega evolutions because I thought they were a rare 4. evolutionary stage or something. But they turned out to be just some temporary alternate form with the hassle to transform them everytime.
>>
>>26616772
>tfw we will NEVER get new evolutions/pre-evolutions for pokemon*
*other than eevee
>>
>>26617059
>epic

Are you sure you have the age to post here, mister?
>>
File: you dense mother fucker.jpg (33KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
you dense mother fucker.jpg
33KB, 591x352px
>>26617913
is that seriously a reason you don't like it?
are you that fucking lazy to not want to press a button on your screen that would take even less time than leveling up and evolving a pokemon?
jesus fucking christ you're making Garfield look like an Olympian athlete.
>>
>>26617947
It was the poster child for fairy type. They made an eeveelution so that players could speculate about a new type, generating some hype for the new games.
>>
>>26617971
>they will never make a new type
>there aren't like 7 remaining types to make eeveeloutions for
k
>>
>>26616896
But Magmar is still Magmar :^)
>>
File: 41d[1].png (90KB, 482x315px) Image search: [Google]
41d[1].png
90KB, 482x315px
>>26617913
>So why didn't they just make a second evolution out of mega mawile's design and stats

>Huge Power

You tell me.
>>
>>26617964
Yes, because they add new fat instead of trimming some. It's fucking billshit.

I also like to collect pokemon, the original purpose in those games back in the day. I don't really care for all those alternate forms.
>>
>>26618015
are you fucking serious.
if megas were just normal evolutions, what would stop people from having a team all highly powerful mega evolutions that could workoff of eachother like tyrannitar, steelix, and garchomp?
the 1 limit and "alternate form" was to try and balance it from becomeing a huge fucking mess for everyone involved.
you seriously cant be this fucking idiotic.
>>
>>26618069
>if megas were just normal evolutions, what would stop people from having a team all highly powerful mega evolutions that could workoff of eachother like tyrannitar, steelix, and garchomp?

Something called balancing?
>>
File: 0001.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
>>26616832

That is completely retarded. Cross-Gen evolutions also gave us Crobat, Politoed, Slowking, Steelix, Scizor, Porygon2 AND Porygon-Z, Roserade, Froslass, Kingdra...

If you actually look at the list, we've gotten more good Cross-Gen evolutions than bad/reviled ones.
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>26618098
thats what i'm trying to get across.
the one limit mega helps balance it out.
what is being suggested is that mega evolution be treated like regular evolution, as in no single limit and no required hold items.
how would they balance this shit.
>>
>>26618158
>how would they balance this shit.

Like they did with every other evolution? Look I don't mind that you like your digivolving uber forms but I don't see the benefits.
>>
>>26616832
>fans bitch and moan about new things
>Game Freak cucks bend over to fans
>fuck up the series forever

They raped gen I because of you fucks. At least shit up another gen no one cares about. Now it's not the same as it was in 1998-99 and newfags will never know the difference.
>>
>>26618227
but your not saying you should change their stats or abilities at all.
thats not fucking balancing you fucking moron.
>>
>>26618266
When did I say that, faggot?
>>
>>26618281

>>26617913
>So why didn't they just make a second evolution out of mega mawile's design and stats?
>>
>>26616896
>Magmar's design
>Perfect
kek
>>
>>26617778
Well if the stats and ability are the same for mega Mawile then yes. Especially when you take into account that it wouldn't take up a mega slot, the good moves Mawile can learn, it's new typing and now that it wouldn't be a mega it can use a held item.
>>
>>26617778
should be changed to 'binacles'
>>
>>26618296
So where exactly did I say that they can't balance out something in that respective sentence?
>>
File: 407_Roserade_DP.png (39KB, 423x754px) Image search: [Google]
407_Roserade_DP.png
39KB, 423x754px
>>26616772
That's a shame because Roserade is lowkey the greatest Pokemon of all time.
Anyone who denies is a dork.
>>
>>26618319
take a look at mega mawiles stats and ability
it literally has the highest base attack stat in the entire fucking game.
now fight 6 of those sucker punching shits in a row
>>
>>26618116
Most crossgen evos weren't bad, but gen4 managed to fuck up so many of them that it got a bad reputation. Most gen2 crossgen evos were really cool.
>>
>>26618361
Ugh imagine six mega moms...
>>
>>26617714
>implying
There are more shitmons with Mega than legendaries.

Also, it is a fucking business. If they ever implement a new something, the legendaries and popular pokemons will get it first.
>>
Pretty much what >>26616832 said

And to be perfectly honest I would much, much rather have Megas than new regular evolutions because it is both a much cooler concept and it is more likely for them to appeal to fans of the originals as they usually stick pretty close to the original design being more a power-up, and there is zero point in pre-evos but more cute bait to sell plushes of
>>
>>26616772
Just think for a second. Kids wants to destroy everything in its path with their favorite pokemon.
You can't simply give them evolutions, because:
>Some pokemons are already 3rd stage
>Pokemon will probably be outclassed by its pre holding an eviolite
> >>26616832

So, they needed something that would make the pokemon be Uber without it literally being in uber, otherwise it would simply take some pokemon out of uber.
>>
>>26617913
Nobody would use Mawile if it had an evolution either, you know that, right? With megas you're FORCED to use that Pokemon, at least.
>>
>>26616832
>>26618116
>No one brings up Magnezone
Fuck you, Magnezone's (currently) my favorite Pokemon of all time.
>>
MY HOPE WILL NEVER DIE
>>
I can't wait for mega-Chatot and mega-Ledian! Surely that will make them good!
>>
>>26618069
I don't know, maybe don't fucking give evolutions to Pokemon that are already good like Tyrannitar, Garchomp, etc?
>>
Megas were never the issue here, though. It's always been Eviolite
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.