[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get some discussion going/empty out your brain tank.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (169KB, 1000x975px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 1000x975px
Let's get some discussion going/empty out your brain tank.

Post some dream ideas, things you would love to see in a Pokemon mainline game/Sun & Moon but would probably never happen.

I would love for the games to feature mountain climbing. I'm not talking about following the path up/through a mountain like you do in some regions, but actually climbing the sheer face. Like grabbing onto the back of your Aggron and then navigating a route up, or buying some gear from a pokemart and traversing with your shoulderbro. You can also find evolutionary stones and such if you pick harder routes.

captcha: select all images with mountains
>>
File: 1464879231828-1.jpg (64KB, 451x719px) Image search: [Google]
1464879231828-1.jpg
64KB, 451x719px
>>26613776
I don't see that too far off we had rhyhorn and Grant's gym but seeing as we have those platforms to elevate on that mountain its safe to assume it won't be introduced this gen.
I really enjoyed the Skiddo riding and I would love to be able to ride with that fellow everywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 852x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 852x639px
I've always wanted there to be a 'sinking ship' event in the games.

Or any sort of disastrous event that you have to overcome with your Pokemon really.
>>
>>26614197
I wish the world-ending shit was actually timed, and then if you fail you have to restore the world
>>
-gyms that aren't locked to one type
-bottom screen layout like HGSS where you can toggle running shoes or key items
-being able to view IVs in game instead of hints
-darker night time than XY
-key items that do the same thing as HMs so they can finally be removed and changed into TMs
-getting rid of gaining XP from catching pokemon
>>
>>26613776
All I want is at least 100 new Pokémon, not counting Megas. Gen 6 was such a let down in this regard.
>>
>>26614265
There's probably going to be more this time now that most of the work didn't go to remaking new models for everything
>>
>>26614265
>expecting lots of pokemon from 6 when even generations always introduced barely nothing
>>
File: poketch.png (10KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
poketch.png
10KB, 256x384px
An actual, real life Poketch. That was the greatest feature ever introduced in a mainline Pokemon game, and to have a real one that you could use irl would be great.

It could be used as a breeding device so the amount of steps you take in real life could be added to the egg/eggs you'd want to hatch. It would instantly tell you when the egg hatches, shiny/non shiny, natures, etc.

You could use it to trade Pokemon or FC once your 3DS battery died.

You could keep track of and maintain your berry farm on it.

It could have an underground minigame where you dig up fossils, gems, synchro or megastones.

You could use the GTS on it as well.

It could be designed to look like the synchro/mega bracelet for kids, or like a regular watch for adults that want to hide their powerlevels.

Lastly, and probably the most obvious one, it could have its own PC where you could manage Pokemon and items.

It could actually function as a standalone device for kids too poor to afford a Nintendo handheld and a Pokemon game as well, but want to get in on the fun.
>>
The ability to let your pokemon out of their pokeballs.

Not following pokemon, but the idea that you can rest or go camping on your journey and you let your pokemon just relax or run around for a breather or something. Amie is a step in the right direction, definitely. Maybe just adapt the amie minigames to be something like this instead. Playing catch with your pokemon or something instead of berry collecting. Or actual berry collecting where you pick a forest route and explore/treasure hunt with your pokemon.

I dunno man, the games are finally in full 3D I think its time to finally have some fun sidecontent revolving around interacting with your pokemon instead of just dress-up and contests. More pokethlons and movie studios, less PR videos and musicals. Even just grooming your pokemon instead of petting.
>>
>>26614328
>tfw pokeathalon minigames were my favorite part of HGSS
>>
>>26614328
This. I love battles. I even love breeding.

But give me a reason to own the game instead of playing on a simulator. As it stands right now even Monster Rancher had better monster-raising/caring elements than Pokemon currently does.
>>
>>26613776

>Gyms can be tackled in any order, and the gym leader's team's level and line-up will change based on your team's level.

>HMs either being turned into key items, or each Pokémon having a "HM Moveset" so their regular abilities do not need to be overwritten. (If HMs get turned into key items, it might be cool to see the adventure aspect primarily handled by your character instead of by your Pokémon).

>Abolish the "regional" Pokédex, but include some type of in-game hindrance that prevents people from trading from outside of the region until they have a certain number of badges or renown.

>Don't have oddball "end of the world" situations forced in the middle of the game. This includes removing some evil team, and removing a forced situation that puts me against the cover-art legendary.

>Make the process of becoming a Pokémon champion more involved. In-game tournaments against people with all of the badges, cycling Elite Four, defending the title, being able to challenge other Champions outside of the region, etc.

>A different set of types for the starters. Grass/Water/Fire is getting old. Hell, it doesn't have the follow the rock/paper/scissors format, and it doesn't have to limited to 3 Pokémon to choose from.

>Some kind of option to make dialogue choices. Nothing fancy, but something more than being mute or "yes/no" options.

>Larger map. I like the idea of going to multiple places, but most of the cities are small and the villages and towns are ridiculously small. I guess I want to see something a bit more believable.

>More customization of your character and possibly your rivals.

>Built-in game modifiers to alter the difficulty prior to starting the game.

>Remove EVs.
>>
>>26614490
>Remove EVs.

I liked the post but this was retarded, what would be the point
>>
>>26614511
There wouldn't be a point in just removing EVs. But, I would like to see something new with how we level up Pokémon. I just don't have any ideas as to what could be done to replace it.
>>
File: mr cat.png (8KB, 159x159px) Image search: [Google]
mr cat.png
8KB, 159x159px
>>26614320
>yfw this is the Diamond/Pearl remakes equivalent of the Poké Walker
>>
>>26613776
I wanna play with Lillie in Amie.
>>
>>26613776
>More Pokemon of one type gives them a bonus
Now, Gymleaders actually make sense.
>Pokemon can learn unlimited moves, with the four move limit only being imposed in official battles, like Gyms or Frontiers
This would go for other trainers, too.
It would fix the HM problem!
>>
>>26614490
>>HMs either being turned into key items, or each Pokémon having a "HM Moveset" so their regular abilities do not need to be overwritten. (If HMs get turned into key items, it might be cool to see the adventure aspect primarily handled by your character instead of by your Pokémon).
I hate this idea and any variants of it. The point of Pokemon is that you travel and work with your Pokemon.
>>
>>26614595
Moves are changed to work as a customizable thing, where you have a number of points to use to invest in BP, PP, extra effects, Etc.
The way stats work is completely revamped, moves completely revamped, typing completely revamped, abilities completely revamped, moves Pokemon can have, their stats, abilities, just a ton of changes.
Honestly, I'd like to make a hack someday of just a battle frontier showing what I want. It's all too much for a single post.
>>
I want a bitch version of Silver
>>
>>26616038
Abusive trainers have basically been written out of the series for being too scary. Even edgelords care about their Pokemon these days.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.