[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lunala >Literally the moon >Weak to DARK Gamefreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Are you scared yet.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Are you scared yet.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>Lunala
>Literally the moon
>Weak to DARK

Gamefreak apologists will defend this
>>
We literally don't know what Solgaleo and Lunala's relationships are to the Sun and Moon.
>>
Isn't Dark evil, rather than the absence of light?
>>
>>26610798

Dark doesn't represent the Moon. If anything, Fairy-type does. And as for literal darkness, Ghost represents that better than Dark.
>>
>>26610809
give us a theory
>>
>>26610809
Except for how that was pretty much exactly what they were introduced to us with ever since we learned their names
>Since ancient times, Lunala has been honored as an emissary of the moon. Referred to with reverence as “the beast that calls the moon,”

Pokemon rarely has any deepest lore shit where these kinds of descriptions are just outright wrong. Palkia is introduced as the creator of space. There's no actual canon that says it has nothing to do with space and that's just a story people tell. There's dex entries that say it's according to Sinnoh mythos, but that doesn't stop Palkia from literally distorting space via Spacial Rend.
>>
>>26610809
>Since ancient times, Solgaleo has been honored as an emissary of the sun. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that devours the sun.” Solgaleo's body holds a vast amount of energy, and it shines with light when it's active. It has a flowing mane with a remarkable resemblance to the sun.

>Since ancient times, Lunala has been honored as an emissary of the moon. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that calls the moon.” Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like a crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky.

What more do you want?
>>
>>26610798
>Gamefreak newfags will refuse to learn that Dark means EVIL in weabonese.
>>
>>26610798
what does the moon actually have to do with being evil (what they type actually means in japaneese). just because fedoras and edgelords like the moon, and are edgy, this status does not rub off on the moon itself.
>>
>>26610879
Then stop spoonfeeding
>>
File: EVIL TYPE.png (6KB, 501x195px) Image search: [Google]
EVIL TYPE.png
6KB, 501x195px
Dark is nothing but a poorly translated type that has been misunderstood by western fans for decades. GHOST is a much better representation of darkness for the series and is the ONLY weakness from Lunala that should be accounted for with it's moon association.
>>
File: Cresselia.png (25KB, 140x151px) Image search: [Google]
Cresselia.png
25KB, 140x151px
>>26610798
Big deal! Cresselia the Moon Pokémon.

Weak Bug, Ghost and Dark Type Pokémon.
>>
>>26610877

Disregard my post then, I suck cocks and totally missed these descriptions.

Lunala being weak to Dark is still fine, as >>26610822 states, but Solgaleo being weak to Fire is pretty fucking retarded. Even if the sun isn't "made of fire", it's still fucking hot as hell.
>>
>>26610963
Literally A Crescent moon turned sideways.
>>
>>26610798
idk. maybe their ability has a secondary eff to nullify fire/dark respectively?
>>
>>26610963
>>26610988

Oh wait, but then it's also 4x weak to Ghost. Jesus Christ what the hell was Game Freak thinking with these fuckers?
>>
File: palkia-ow.png (21KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
palkia-ow.png
21KB, 256x192px
>>26610864

You didn't pay attention to the dialogues in the games, did you?
>>
>>26610816
Yes. In fact Ghost has more moves that represent shadows and literal darkness.
>>
>>26610798
The sun Pokemon is weak to fire as well.
>>
>>26610822
>>26610879
>>26610939
>>26610963
I'm not so sure. I mean, yeah, it IS Evil type, but it has also been associated with night-time as well. In Generation II when they introduced Dark, there were only five Dark types - the Houndour family, Murkrow, Sneasel and Umbreon. Every single one of these Pokemon was exclusively found/obtained during night time in-game.

With that being said, it doesn't really matter since OP is only baiting anyway but the moon itself is more thematically tied to Fairy type if I'm not mistaken, what with Clefairy and Moonblast being Fairy. Dark/Fairy could have actually been a cool type combination to fit the night/moon theme, but that strikes me as a fucking overpowered combination so I'm glad we got what we got - online is filled with enough 12 year olds with teams full of fairies and legendaries as it is, we don't need another OP motherfucker added to that list
>>
File: avatar_52db1b5ef04d_512.png (60KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
60KB, 346x346px
>>26611014
Solgaleo is 2x weak to Dark and Ghost, whereas Lunalla is 4x weak to them while being a representation of the nighttime period where the moon shines. I feel that these weakness where intentional to expand the lore of these legendaries somehow.
>>
>>26610816
Yes and no . It's both.
>>
>>26610877
>Emisary of the sun
Yeah none of that at all means that Solgaleo has to be Fire type. The closest thing is light and energy, but that's not strictly related to fire either
>>
>>26610798
>>Lunala
>>Literally the moon

>nights when the moon is out in full
>The brightest

>nights when the moon is not out at all
>the darkest

>WHY ISN'T THE POKEMON BASED ON THE MOON A DARK TYPE!?

Have you never once looked up at a night sky? Or is your bedtime before sundown and your only experience of night being your bedroom and the nightlight that keeps the monster safely trapped in the closet?
>>
Maybe they weren't given the choice on which time of day they were going to represent
>>
>Since ancient times, Lunala has been honored as an emissary of the moon. It is referred to with reverence as “the beast that calls the moon.” Lunala is constantly absorbing light and converting it into energy. With its wings spread to absorb the surrounding light and glittering like a crescent moon, it resembles a beautiful night sky. Lunala’s signature Moongeist Beam attack releases an ominous beam of light that disregards the target’s Ability.

The Moon reflects the light of the Sun, therefore it's a bright object, not dark. according to the description Lunala does exactly, absorbs light and reemits it.

Another reason to believe the third legendary will be related to darkness, the absence of both Sun and Moon, an eclipse or something like that,
>>
>>26610798
Still not nearly as bad as Primal Groudon being weak to Ground (and ONLY Ground, at that)
>>
File: sol.jpg (42KB, 432x444px) Image search: [Google]
sol.jpg
42KB, 432x444px
>>26610877
Can the sun melt steel beams?

Memes aside

>The beast that devours the sun
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.