[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there is people RIGHT NOW on /vp/ who expected gamefreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1424135470225.png (294KB, 457x375px) Image search: [Google]
1424135470225.png
294KB, 457x375px
>there is people RIGHT NOW on /vp/ who expected gamefreak to re-do all 721+ models of pokemon AGAIN for no reason

this is why you always get dissapointed. You always have unrealistic expectations for these games.
>>
Nobody expected that at all though. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think redoing a model several dozen times higher quality than necessary for future proofing is the same as changing the colors or putting that model in a different pose.
>>
I expected them to redo some of the bad-looking ones positions. Not the models themselves.
>>
People like to cry about muh Tropius and muh Xatu, but seriously who gives a fuck about these two shitmons
>>
>>26605138
Salamence is not a shitmon, nice cherrim picking
>>
I was expecting them to 1:1 recycle the battle scene, at the least they implemented more proper lighting.

I don't get why people get mad at any of the flying animations except Xatu, who really shouldn't be flying at all. Pretty much any of the others are flying in the most realistic way possible.
>>
>>26605218
Tropius shouldn't be gliding
>>
I didn't expect them to change them but since the models are in 3d can't they just tweak them and maybe change the poses and maybe the animations?
>>
>>26605229
I dunno, its wings seem more like they should be gliding to me than flapping around.

It just being on the ground would be fine, though.
>>
>>26605116
Poses and animations are not the same as models
i think they should have tweaked the "Sky battle" animations but the models are staying for a long time
>>
no one expected them to redo the models, just animations and positioning of some of them
>>
It's a 12m copies sold game. Expecting effort on an triple A game you PAY MONEY for is not something to scoff at.
At least CoD games have effort into them
>>
>>26605138
(You)
>>
>>26605138
Tropius is a good Pokemon.
>>
File: 1446123036707.jpg (45KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1446123036707.jpg
45KB, 1000x1000px
>>26605308
>>
>>26605093
no all of them, but delphox/archeops/xatu need with urgency a different one, make everything with wing actually flap them and not just float there, if that doesn't make sence give them grounded models
>>
>>26605138
I'm a birdfag who likes a bit of type variety so I use Xatu frequently. Fuck yourself lad
>>
>>26605262
In every other appearance it flaps its wings. It, Xatu, and Mega Pidgeot are the only complaints I really understand though. The whole "T-pose gliding" issue is kind of overblown.

>>26605308
>wanting them to remake 721 high-poly models instead of developing something that isn't redundant
>>
We're not talking about the models you little shit. We need ANIMATIONS.
>>
We'll get those model remakes in Pokemon stadium 3 for the NX, :3
>>
You know the wonderful part of models allows you to change their poses and textures without much extra work.
That's what people want. Not a total redo, but actually making the colors not look washed out and fixing the poses and animations of a few shit shows.
>>
There's another thread right now with people complaining that they're using the exact same models and trying to say that it means gen 6.5 still because they're comparing it to making new sprites or something.

New animations would be great, did anyone ever make "fixed" versions of some of the really bad animations back when there were in-game model threads?
>>
The Pokemon modes are fine

People are just whining about the flying models

Otherwise the models themselves are more polished and better colored but people want a massive change

I'm just fucking happy the battle circles are gone
>>
>>26605093
I only wanted better colors and more lively animations.
I didn't expect them to totally remake each model. Just bring more life into them.
>>
>>26605093
Gtfo faggot your going to change your fugking mind when we get the same exact shit tier models on gen 8, 9 and 10

So please stfu
>>
File: wow.png (391KB, 837x502px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
391KB, 837x502px
>>26605744
>implying the models are bad
The only problem with the models is that the colors are kind of washed out, and flying pokemon are in shitty poses. Otherwise, the models are actually good. Gamefreak doesn't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater every time they make a new game or gen. Stylistic variance between games is normal, but the models are here to stay for a while.

Also, stay salty.
>>
>>26605093
Jessie a cute. A CUTE!
>>
>>26605093
But they have to complain about something or they won't be cool kids anymore.
>>
Holy FUCK none of you know how this shit works.

A model is comprised of three seperate components:
1. The MESH
>this is the 3D part of the model, which is comprised of connected points called vertices which combine to form polygons
>these polygons are the surface of the model
2. The TEXTURE
>this is the pretty stuff they paint onto the MESH so that it looks nice
>the texture may also include a MATERIAL, which effects how the TEXTURE interracts with the SHADER, which is another discussion altogether
3. The RIG
>this is a series of bones and joints which connect together and allow the MESH to be moved and manipulated
>the rig can be programmed to move in preplanned ways, which results in the ANIMATIONS
>animations are less a part of the model and more an application of it

It is not fucking complicated.

The animations can be altered without changing the "model" (the right word would be mesh) in any way. The mesh is here to stay, given that it is absurdly detailed, but the animations could be easily changed.

As for the issues people have with the textures, that too can be changed without changing most of the model. Loading a different texture or material is extremely easy. They even already use this method to allow the models to blink and such.

So please, god dammit, start using the right words for things. Please complain accurately. Fuck.
>>
>>26605093
Nobody expected that.
A lot of people wanted GF to repose some of the bad models, which is far from the same as recreating the model. Gliding-in-place models being the majority of them.
>>
>>26605218
Flapping in place with bird-style wings is absurd but I can tolerate it, barely.
Now gliding in place, that's a whole different level of bullshit.
>>
File: 1462757739842.gif (902KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1462757739842.gif
902KB, 200x150px
>>26605797
>implying some of the models aren't absolutely terrible.
>>
>>26607538
All the models are good. It's the animations (mostly the idle animations) that are terrible.
>>
>>26605365
I never said that. I expected effort from a high budget game such as Pokemon though.
It's not redundant any more than any other feature is. I stare at the Pokemon models for about 99% of the entire game. Hardly redundant.

>>26605341
Grow up will ya.
>>
>>26605138
I don't even think Tropius and Xatu look that bad. Swellow makes me want to cry though.
>>
>>26605138
>not liking tropius
>not wanting bananas made from a brontosaurus chin
you shut your whore mouth
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.