[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So sun and moon are gonna be a thing in less than half a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: n5nydeQced1scuau3o1_500.jpg (244KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
n5nydeQced1scuau3o1_500.jpg
244KB, 500x297px
I still haven't played ORAS
Should I?
>>
I still haven't played X/Y
Should I?
>>
As a Gen 3 fan, I'd recommend it. It is fun, I liked the primal regressions and you'll have a great time if you like Gen 3 aswell.
>>
I still haven't played B2W2
Should I?
>>
>>26577002
>>26577011
If you have CFW and can get them for free that way, you have nothing to lose. Neither of them are worth $40 though, especially not ORAS which is just a worse Emerald.

>>26577044
BW2 are some of my favorite games, I'd recommend it. Just emulate it though, there's no benefit to having a cart now that online is shut down. RIP Join Avenue
>>
>>26577002
yes, it will help pass the time
>>
>>26577002
I like gen 3 and no. Get XY instead. ORAS is a disappointment.
>>
>>26577011
Wait for S/M
>>
>>26577002
Yes, it's a perfectly solid remake and honestly makes the Hoenn region in general more tolerable in terms of appearance and navigation than it EVER was in RSE.

The only people who actually whine about ORAS are insufferable Hoennbabbies because it didn't live up to their "untained" vision of the old games. It's the exact same situation with any remake that disappoints purist fans of the original version, you just have to ignore the shitposting and evaluate the game with your own judgment.
>>
>>26578000
Please. I'm super hardcore into GSC and when I play HGSS I notice a ton of little things that aren't like GSC, but I still recognize HGSS as a good remake despite my bias toward GSC. The GB Sounds are inaccurate and lame and I don't like losing the slots in the English version (though I'm a big Voltorb Flip fan at the same time so it doesn't get to me that hard) and it's kind of sad that they didn't bring the big long explanation of the Legendary Beasts from Crystal to the game, but it still does a ton of things right, fixes flaws I recognize in GSC like the neutered Kanto, and I would call it overall a better game in all areas but aesthetics despite my bias toward GSC.

Emerald is probably my third favorite game in the series, behind GSCHGSS and Platinum. I do not hold it as fondly as I do GSC, but I recognize how much it does wrong compared to HGSS. It cuts out content that was in Emerald, it cuts out content that was in Ruby and Sapphire, areas that are full-length dungeons in RSE are cut down to a couple rooms, the region is chopped into pieces navigation-wise because of all the added loading zones that weren't in RSE, some areas like Mallville are completely unrecognizeable (it had three major areas in the original game and they didn't even bother porting one of those three), and it stuck a giant middle finger in the center of the Battle Resort with the "Battle Frontier coming soon! :^)" statue. The nitpicks I have with how HGSS remakes GSC are nothing compared to the gigantic, fundamental flaws ORAS has in how it handles RSE.

I'm pretty sure the only reason you're recommending ORAS is because you don't like Hoenn at all in any of its iterations and you want to spite and trigger Hoennbabbies by speaking positively about the game while trashing the originals.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.