[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mythical appreciation thread! Post your fav mythical mon, other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 22

File: poke_group.png (418KB, 651x465px) Image search: [Google]
poke_group.png
418KB, 651x465px
Mythical appreciation thread!

Post your fav mythical mon, other people say why they love them too!!

No hate allowed!
>>
Is Shaymin the most common mythical mon? In the anime it's shown that they live in flocks.
>>
My fav <3 loved her since I got her at an event at Toys R Us. Had to drive like 2 hours to get there.
>>
File: 53869484_p0.jpg (316KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
53869484_p0.jpg
316KB, 768x1024px
I love Jirachi, he's a major cutie.
>>
File: Diancie (1).jpg (780KB, 851x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Diancie (1).jpg
780KB, 851x1049px
>>26554356
>no diancie
There, now this is a good thread.
>>
File: mythic nap.jpg (95KB, 700x753px) Image search: [Google]
mythic nap.jpg
95KB, 700x753px
>>26554356
They're all awesome, but my favourite is mew by far, its just that she is so cute
>>
File: reshiram_by_uyre-d47bsuc.jpg (2MB, 2600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
reshiram_by_uyre-d47bsuc.jpg
2MB, 2600x1600px
Big, White and Fluffy as fuck dragon.
>>
File: 45487006_p0.jpg (862KB, 1754x1275px) Image search: [Google]
45487006_p0.jpg
862KB, 1754x1275px
>>26554398
Diancie is my second favorite. They go well with my favorite, too.
>>
>>26554417
Reshiram is awesome, bu this is a mythical pokemon thread, not a legendary pokemon thread
>>
>>26554417
Reshiram's not a mythical.
It's still cute though.
>>
>>26554356
Deoxys
>>
>>26554380
>her
>literally the PRINCE of the Sea.
Waifufags are delusional idiots.
>>
Wait i thought mythical were the rare, "only one of each exists" type of mon, does anyone have an official source that could fix my confusion?
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 236x173px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 236x173px
He is a cute!
>>
>>26554458
Mythicals only means they are not obtainable ingame without an external event, like jirachi, celebi, mew and the like.

>>26554447
>Deoxys is a mythical pokemon
>>
>>26554457
I agree but no hate allowed anon!
>>
>>26554458
Mythicals are event-exclusive legendaries. Deoxys was considered a mythical until ORAS where it could be caught as part of the Delta Episode.
>>
>>26554457

Don't be an asshole, I was 11 when I first got manaphy and she looked like a girl to me.
>>
>>26554475

I was 11 when I got her, manaphy was a girl to me, idk man.
>>
>>26554458
Mythical Pokemon are a subset of legendaries that cannot be found through normal gameplay and can only be caught through external events or game modification. Typically they're characterized in lore and other media eg the anime as one of a kind, but some aren't.
>>
>>26554474

Check the description for the one you caught in ORAS. It's still a fateful encounter and isn't allowed in VGC. It being catchable in game is a one time exception if only so they could remaster his theme.
>>
>>26554570
>It's still a fateful encounter
>caught at sky pillar
It's not a mythical anymore anon.
>>
>>26554392
Jirachi's great. Definitely my favorite.
>>
>>26554570
>It being catchable in game is a one time exceptio
That's all it takes for something to become a regular legendary.
>>
So when does that newsletter come out?
>>
If mythical pokemon were in vgc 2016 would it be anymore balanced?
>>
>still have Darkrai from the D/P event
>shity IV and shitty nature
Why live
>>
>>26554985
>>26555084

How many times does this have to be posed before retards get the hint?

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-2016-video-game-championship-format-has-been-announced/

>All discovered Pokémon will be allowed except the following Mythical Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
>Deoxys

Once a Mythical, ALWAYS a Mythical.
>>
>>26556319
>Once a Mythical, ALWAYS a Mythical.
Except for Deoxys.
It's no longer a mythical due to a change in circumstances and referring to rules those rules mean nothing.
>>
>>26556484

Go to bed Richard.
>>
>>26556581
>implying I'm Richard
Did I say anything about the Pokedex?
>>
File: image.png (87KB, 256x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87KB, 256x309px
Victini is my all time favorite Pokemon. I hope it gets a mega in sun and moon
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
favorite legendary, favorite water type, favorite movie (next to zoroark), and 5th all time favorite. no pokemon should be allowed to be this cute
>>
>>26554392
Jirachi was my first event mon
Got it on my platinum, the one with draco meteor
Not underage just too poor to afford any other games and consoles before
Hell I had to use my towns free wifi in the park to get it when I went to buy groceries for my grandma
>>
>>26556681
New Draco Meteor Jirachi event when?
>>
>>26556642

No, but the gibbering grammar was a dead giveaway.
>>
>>26555013
In the next few days, I guess. Last month's came around the first few days of May (I got mine on the 3rd, for example).
>>
>>26554356
None. These fuckers should be lvl 50. Not fucking 100.
>>
File: 42480362_p0_master1200.jpg (179KB, 549x600px) Image search: [Google]
42480362_p0_master1200.jpg
179KB, 549x600px
>>26554356
I can appreciate Keldeo. It gets the job done competitively.
>>
Easily one of my top 10 Pokemon for me personally.
>>
File: Mewhappy.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Mewhappy.gif
1MB, 500x281px
Mew has always been my favorite. I have a box full of Mew with different sets and moves.
>>
File: Temporal.jpg (248KB, 719x716px) Image search: [Google]
Temporal.jpg
248KB, 719x716px
Celebi a cute
>>
celebi
>>
File: Arceus.png (418KB, 773x553px) Image search: [Google]
Arceus.png
418KB, 773x553px
is deoxys still a mythical?
>>
>>26554356
>Mythical appreciation thread
Appreciate what? Besides Mew they're all fucking cancer.

>Arceus
>Darkrai
>Genesect
are all ok. Everything else is trash.
>>
>No hate
Oh boy, finally! I love 'em all.

>Mew
Thematically interesting; a ladt-minute design for the origin of all pokemon, in the first games before any continuity of lore; and they expand on the evolution theme with an embryo, one of the central life stages of interest in the study of evolution in the animal kingdom. As an added bonus, it was included as a prank once the developers realized they had extra space for one last critter after removing some debugging code, which set the precedence for all other legendary and event-pokemon. (Back in the day of the original Gameboy, the idea of a feature hidden in a game until being unveiled at a later date was unheard of, and appealed to the imagination and conspiracy theorism of kids everywhere.)
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Mew
>>
>>26558375
>Celebi
Cute little time-travelling mother-fucker, and one of the first attempts at an elaborate crossover between game, anime, and IRL event. Nintendo and the animation studio couldn't logistically make the distribution work as originally intended, but all those episodes about Ash carrying the GS ball were supposed to lead up to a distribution event where players could receive a GS ball and trigger an in-game cutscene granting them the Celebi inside, akin to the similarly-planned Azure Flute/Arceus event in D/P/P.
>>
>>26558386
>Jirachi
Mythical embodiment of a summer holiday, based on a fairy tale, based on an astrologic event. Doesn't make as much sense to Americans, but the Tanabata star festival celebrates the onset of summer on the seventh day of the seventh month, during which observers pray for their wishes on tanzaku paper (such as those seen dangling from Jirachi's head ornaments). Jirachi has several subtle elements in its design and lore (awakening for only 7 days every millennium) which allude to its inspirational legend, holiday, and IRL stars. It's also the first event pokemon with not only a signature move, but holding a signature berry; and the first event mon transferrable from its generation of origin to every game since.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Jirachi
>>
>>26554447
Anon, i have news for you
>>
>>26558408
>Deoxys
The result of a viral genome mutating after exposure to cosmic radiation on board a comet.
Let's back up for a second and appreciate that this is a FUCKING RADIATION-MUTATED SPACE VIRUS.
Virology is a fascinating field--if DNA and RNA are strips of paper with instructions for stone tools written on them, viral DNA is paper with instructions for origami tools to make out of the paper it's written on. Mutations accumulate rapidly because they seldom make use of correctional proteases in prokaryotes and eukaryotes; and, because their genomes are so much smaller (their DNA or RNA has to be shorter because it has to fit in a smaller space, a few dozen to a hundred nanometers), the structure and function of their nucleic acid chains is more easily affected by minor variations in their code. That is, changing one word in their instructions not only changes the tool you would wind up with from folding its paper, it changes the size and orientation of the paper. Several viruses also have genomes consisting of multiple different segments (like a smaller version of chromosomes), meaning they can frequently exchange genes with one another while co-infecting the same cell.
All this means is that it takes smaller, and fewer, changes in a virus to permit radical changes in the virus's form than it would in a bacterium or animal cell. It's extremely fitting, then, that the virus/DNA pokemon had form changes which maximize different stats, reflecting adaptations to different environments.
>>
>>26558431
Deoxys it's not mythical anymore
>>
>>26558431
>Manaphy
A contrast to Jirachi, in which a complex story is boiled down into a creature design, Manaphy has a somewhat more complex design and backstory based off of a simple yet intriguing animal. It's "my mom's clione sea slug" with anime eyes, an interesting signature move which remains exclusive to it to this day, the first main-game pokemon to be avialable via copies of a spin-off game, and a breeding gimmick (hatches from a one-time-only egg per Pokemon Ranger cartridge, can breed with ditto to foster a similar one-stage clione pokemon). All that, based on an unassuming little sea slug with a transparent body. (The only event-distributed variant also came in the first cherish ball, setting yet another tradition for other event mons; and it held the "Red Scarf," a reference to May's scarf, which she gave to her adopted Manaphy before setting it free in that year's movie).
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Manaphy_and_Phione
>>
>>26558447
>Darkrai
Besides LE EDGY NIGHTMARE MAYMAY MON, this guy is the foil to an in-game legendary. Whereas Cressalia represents good dreams, Darkrai represents nightmares. Admittedly, making one pokemon of a legendary duo only available via events seems a bit forced (especially since Gen IV also got Manaphy and Shaymin), but if you don't think legendary duos are the tightest shit then get out of my /vp/.
It totally should have lost to Ash's Heracross, though.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_duo#Lunar_duo
>>
File: kyurem_v_2_by_xous54-d37vwex[1].png (124KB, 534x582px) Image search: [Google]
kyurem_v_2_by_xous54-d37vwex[1].png
124KB, 534x582px
Loved this mother fucker since I first caught it.

The fusion forms or whatever look like garbage though.
>>
File: tumblr_mkwk2p29fs1ruztjzo1_500.gif (689KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkwk2p29fs1ruztjzo1_500.gif
689KB, 500x265px
I like the exploding hedgehog
>>
>>26558467
>mythical
>kyurem
>>
>>26558463
>Arceus
Interesting interpretation of a god in a children's game--while it seems to have been introduced a little early in the series (how do you top battling/catching that world's god?), an elegant quadruped at the intersection of a golden extra-dimensional reticle (possibly representing multiple unseen limbs) is an original, fun design.

>Shaymin
I don't know as much about this one. But it is a fairly cute form-changing gimmick-mon, with a conservationism theme. It's the Fern Gully of pokemon.

>Victini
There is some debate on the inspiration for its design, but it may be partly based on Nike, the Greek goddess of victory. A cute monster based on a broken statue whose bust and wings is the only part intact: what's not to love?

>Genesect
SCIENCE-GUN CYBORG BUG, HELL YES

>Keldeo
My little poke

>Meloeta
A k-pop pokemon to add to the waifu-mon list, hell yeah. (Having a selection of hairstyles corresponding to music genres around the world is a neat gimmick among sound-based pokemon, too.)

>Hoopa
NOW YOU'RE THINKING IN PORTALS
>>
>>26558469
Shaymin is such an under appreciated Pokemon it makes me sad
>>
>>26558486
Oh nevermind this is a thread for the faggoty babby looking event pokemon
>>
>>26554356
Big fish bro. His cry is just badass "RUYEREIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAAAH".
>>
>>26558525
>arceus
>darkrai
>genesect
try harder next time
>>
>>26558534
see
>>26558486
Kyogre is a regular old legendary
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 500x281px
waifu tier pokemon
>>
>>26558553
>>
>>26554356
Cresselia where
>>
I remember back when I was a little kid I managed to get my hands on a Colosseum bonus disk and brought Jirachi into my Ruby version. Because we were so young, and online Pokemon resources were not so obvious at the time, my friends and I had never seen this Pokemon before, and it actually felt like this secret creature that hardly anyone had. As a result Jirachi remains my favorite mythical to this day, and I would even list it among my top five favorite Pokemon of all time.
>>
File: 1463365450369.png (580KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1463365450369.png
580KB, 894x894px
hes the bees knees
>>
>>26559028
The best one.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.