[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which town did you start in, /vp/? How long ago was that first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon over nearly two decades.jpg (174KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon over nearly two decades.jpg
174KB, 1191x670px
Which town did you start in, /vp/?
How long ago was that first fateful adventure.
Red/Blue/Yellow was 20 years ago. 18 for NA, I guess.
>>
GB Pallet Town. Must've been '99 or early 2000 (Europe).
>>
>>26551373
I started in gen 6
>>
>>26551404
Same. Red version for me.
>>
>>26551373
Ruby, Littleroot Town
>>
>>26551373
Red version '98
>>
>>26551373
Silver, 2001
>>
Blue '98.

The craze was real. I miss when schools would confiscate cards and games because of "gambling" or "satanic worshiping". Man, the shit some parents would say.
It made sneaking in the games to play with friends in elementary school all the sweeter.
>>
>there are people who didn't start with R/B
>>
Got Yellow Christmas of 1999.
>>
Pokemon Blue in 98, so Pallet Town is where I started
>>
Nuvema Town, 2016
>>
>>26551587
I'm kinda sad they didn't give us the ability to change pallets in the vc releases.
>>
LeafGreen Pallet town

But I didn't start fully investing in the fandom until the DP starters were revealed and the campaign for those games started, so Sinnoh is equally as nostalgic for me.

THAT TWINLEAF TOWN MUSIC
>>
>>26551404
Same, only yellow version. I owned the game before I even had my own gameboy so I used to play it using the Doduo tower in Pokémon stadium.
>>
Emerald, Littleroot Town.

2005 rekindled my love for this series. I'd always start as May every time I played Emerald.

It helps that the anime made her a much nicer character than Misty.
>>
Pokemon Yellow
>>
>>26551373
Pallet town, red, 1999
>>
New Bark, 2001 I think.

Got Crystal after my older brothers got GS. They used to give me mons that were unavailable in it like Mareep.

i miss them
>>
>>26551373
New Bark Twon
>>
New Bark town, probably around 2010
I got on the train late, but I'm on the train nonetheless
>>
pokemon blue, 98 or 99 cant remember. i didnt get into it until after it was getting really popular
>>
>>26551373
Red, 1999. The bleeps and bloops of the soundtrack are forever ingrained in my brain.

Internet age babbies can never understand the amount of hype and mystery when another gen was announced.
>>
got in kinda late in genwun and got yellow so technically pallet town but spent way more time playing gen2 and have way more nostalgia for it so in my heart im a New Bark Town boy
>>
>>26551912
also i remember seeing the sprites of all the new johto pokemon in a magazine and i just assumed they were digimon or something. didnt even realize there was a new gen until it was already out. dammit i miss being a stupid kid
>>
>>26551373
It's honestly hard for me to remember. It was either Crystal/Gold. My first system was GBA. Though I remember Sapphire the most. I don't think I ever beat the original Crystal/Gold and R/B/Y. But I did beat Sapphire.
>>
Pallet Town, 12/13 years ago or so.

A friend gave me Yellow.
Good times man.
>>
>>26551924
I think I might be a genwunner in regards to video game music in general, because I absolutely love the bleepity bloops of older games.
>>
>>26551373
Pallet Town niggas.
I remember not knowing how to move around and wondering why I didn't have a pokemon.
Can't say I'm an OG kantokid tho since I started with yellow cersion.
>>
>>26552376
Only nips are truu OGs with Red&Green.
>>
If you didn't start with R/B you need to leave /vp/.
>>
>>26552583
More like if you started before Sinnoh you are too old for this kindergarten of a board.
>>
>>26552712
This.
>>
Technically started in Crystal but it was on an emulator and I don't remember much other than picking Cyndaquil so I don't count that

Stated again in Sapphire but it was on a friend's GBA, he couldn't speak English so my sister and I would take turns playing his game when we visited but didn't own the game

Actual start was in gen IV in Diamond, to date my favorite generation.
>>
>>26551373
Pallet Town, Fire Red, about 11 years ago.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.