[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of them actually letting us transfer Mews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: bubbles.jpg (196KB, 896x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.jpg
196KB, 896x1200px
What are the chances of them actually letting us transfer Mews from virtual console?
>>
>>26548367
i did not cheat my way to mew for them to not let us transfer it
>>
Eh. It's 50/50 at this point.

I wonder what they're going to do about transferring Missingno.
>>
>>26548383
Dumb fuck, same like stadium/goldsilver.
It wont let you
>>
>>26548383
I dont think missingno would even register as a pokemon
>>
>>26548392
this.
anyone like us that has tried in the past will tell you don't bother trying.
>>
>>26548383
Theyve had 20 years to plan, maybe if you try they'll let you have a special missingno themed item or something
>>
>>26548404
missingno is an error place holder in new games the error place holder is bad egg and eggs can't be transfered so no missingno.
>>
I have a friend who has connections and he says that all mews transfered into sun and moon will be shiny and misisngno will generate a random pokemon
>>
>>26549036
and my dads nintendo
>>
>>26549002
it wouldnt be too hard to program it so that chunk of code trying to enter the pokebank is recognized as missingno and have it give you something in return.
>>
>>26549081
>ayy you glitched the game in a way we didn't necessarily intend, here's a cookie and 20 dollars god you're so awesome
>>
>>26549049
Really?
>>
>>26548383
>get missingno
>evolve it to kangaskhan while knowing sky attack
>transfer to SM
>mega kangaskhan knows sky attack
>>
>>26549442
>Sky attack is a Flying-type Slash-clone, 70BP move with increased crit ratio, with a flinch chance
Not bad but I suppose Aerial Ace would be stronger on her anyway though it cant flinch
>>
>>26549244
Its a harmless glitch from 20 years ago and literally everyone who is into pokemon at all knows about it, its become a part of pokemon pop culture.
>>
>>26549573
>harmless
PC Hall of Fame would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>26549626
Any problems from missingno were just skin deep and could be fixed easily.
>>
>>26548392
I already transfered some missingno to GSC and then Stadium 2 though.

I remember one of them coming out as an Alakazam with only Hi Jump Kick
>>
>>26549464
>online feature detects the illegal moe and throws up the error there is a unusable pokemon on your team
>>
>>26549314
Missingno means missing number it's an error code that is displayed when the hex code is set to certain values that hold no data such as forcing fights in cinebar where no pokemon data exists.

Sometimes these hex values match up with pokemon in GSC so stadium detects it as a pokedoll sprite, stadium 2 may on occasion detect it as a pokemon from the GSC hex codes which is why occasionally trading missingno and m to GSC would occasionally change it to another pokemon.

>>26549081
Missingno means the game has run into an error if anything they could just as easily code bank to detect that you've cheated and block access to it from that game.

>>26549573
>>26549626
>>26549676
You are aware that there was multiple different missingno each had a different hex value that was decided on based on your trainer name and trainer id most of these missingno would cause the bag slot six to overflow to 128 the rest of them would overwrite code in the game resulting in other sometimes worse effects such as
>Bricking the game
>Wiping your save
>Erasing the pokemon stored in the PC
>Causing the game to not recognize other bit of code stopping certain events or areas to glitch sometime perminantly
>and on very rare occasions causing hardware and software damage to the console itself.

You just got lucky when fucking with missingno.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>26549314
Yup my dad is Nintendo and he said bank will brick any console that has home brew code, or glitches Pokemon with the bank sm update
>>
>>26549854
when referring to missingno people tend to refer to the same harmless missingno glitch, the same way that there are multiple mew glitches but one referred to as THE mew glitch.

Also first gen games were really hard to damage and any effects could be reversed as long as you dont save, i believe it was gen 2 and 3 that had the game breaking and bricking glitches.
>>
>>26549955
>when referring to missingno people tend to refer to the same harmless missingno glitch

True but I was pointing out that what >>26549676
said was wrong and he just got lucky, Missingno and M also had the risk of bricking, in GSC the error handler was updated in an attempt to prevent the missingno/m glitch but instead it made the Bad Egg which offers little to no benefit to gameplay but carries greater risk of bad effects.

>Also first gen games were really hard to damage and any effects could be reversed as long as you dont save
Not always sometimes the missingno hall of fame glitch would persist even if you didn't save it was rare but it was only cosmetic, however physical damage to gen 1 carts was rare but could happen and some versions of the carts had higher risk of damage most of it could be fixed by wiping your save and starting fresh but sometimes you could cause perminant non bricking errors like audio glitches or sprite glitches that would continue regardless of what you did.
>>
>>26550056
Also the Gen 6 Bad Egg that would occasionally pop up would render a PC box useless, there would be no warning of the Bad Egg but it could randomly show up in your PC in a random box if the game hit an error, if it wasn't released it could cause the box it was in and any pokemon in the same box unusable.
>>
>>26548392
>>26548396
>inb4 they make missingno a canonical pokemon exclusive from a RBY transfer
>>
>>26550082
>Also the Gen 6 Bad Egg that would occasionally pop up would render a PC box useless
You mean the one that never happened? Or the one that was pomf trying to scare people from using Powersaves?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.