[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Played the first, second and third generations, skipped the fourth,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Platinum_EN_boxart-2.png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Platinum_EN_boxart-2.png
118KB, 250x224px
Played the first, second and third generations, skipped the fourth, fifth, and fifth sequels, played Y, and then played HG. Figured I'd finish up the rest. Just started this one. What's in store for me?
>>
A fun game.
>>
>>26539957

One of the best, if not the best pokemon games. Tons of content, 10/10 soundtrack, lots of exciting and comfy routes/locations...

only real downside is that it's pretty slow, there's a bazillion HMs so you're pretty much required to have one or two slaves, and the pokemon selection in general isn't *great* but it's not nearly as bad as anti-Sinnoh people say. it's definitely improved from D/P.

I would recommend catching a Gible early so you can get a Garchomp because Garchomp is awesome and wrecks everything. IIRC you can get Riolu pretty early too, if you like Lucario (it's one of my favorites even if it is overused).
>>
File: 1417159355716.jpg (57KB, 635x591px) Image search: [Google]
1417159355716.jpg
57KB, 635x591px
Do you like awful Pokemon variety?
Do you like being forced to keep at least 2 HM Slaves in your party?
Do you like your battles to take ages and for saving to last thrice as long as any other game in the series?
Then Platinum is the game for you!
Skip this and play BW/BW2.
>>
>>26540467

Eh, I'm emulating, so I can speed this shit way the fuck up of need be. And I rarely use more than two Pokémon to clear the story of each game.
>>
>>26540467
>Skip this and play BW/BW2.

Do you like having features shoved into your face that have since been discontinued?
Do you like a focus on plot when the plot is shite compared to virtually all other games?
Do you like a hoard of uninteresting 'mons?
Do you like awful level scaling necessitating grinding on wild Audino?
Do you like awful animated pixel art?
Then Black/White is for you!
>>
>>26539957
good music and lots of rocks to smash

best starters in the series
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.