[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason Greninja should be banned >Protip:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 17

Give me one good reason Greninja should be banned

>Protip: you can't
>>
>protean
>>
>protean
>>
>i get stab everything with my broken ability
>I'm fast as fuck with good stats
>>
>makes stall more viable by murdering everything else
That should be a good enough reason for you.
>>
>>26528591
I can't. It gets cucked by AV Volcanion.
>>
>>26528728
>Good stats
>Greninja isn't even particularly fast
>Greninja doesn't even have particularly high attack
>Greninja dies to everything unless it has a sash
>Greninja gets outsped easily unless it has a scarf

>>26528705
>>26528711

Haha no

Try harder you faggots, these are not good reasons.
>>
>>26528773
So much denial.
>>
>>26528732
It isn't. That's a retarded reason, and completely wrong. Kill yourself.
>>
>>26528591
>Protean
>Gunk shot
>Stupid fusion/mega upcoming bullshit.
>>
>>26528773
>stab on every single move it uses
>enormous movepool
>122 speed
>decent attack stats
Gee, I wonder why
>>
>>26528795
>Protean
Moderate attack stats keeps it from being too broken

>Gunk shot
Low accuracy and also >not switching to a steel type

>Fusion/mega upcoming bullshit
Nigger that isn't even released or confirmed yet
>>
He's a faggot edgelord
>>
>>26528816
>Stab on every move
Doesn't have the stats backing it up to matter

>Enormous movepool
It has like 6 usable special attacks and 6ish usable physical attacks. This counts as enormous?

>122 speed
So? Talonflame gets automatic priority on brave bird AND is already faster, that shit didn't get banned

>Decent attack stats
>95 attack
>103 special
>Compared to literally anything in OU
You're very very mistaken friendo
>>
good job on your successful troll thread, op
>>
>>26528829
>Moderate attack
Fucking talonflame has less and still pulls it off because of it's ability
>Gunk shot
Accuary shouldn't be a factor, steel types can't switch into hydropump, low kick, dark pulse etc.

Are you retarded?
I don't mean it as an insult, I just want to know.
>>
File: 1451085074614.jpg (302KB, 1024x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1451085074614.jpg
302KB, 1024x1435px
>>26528591
Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Pokémon stronger.
>>
File: unown.png (3KB, 97x194px) Image search: [Google]
unown.png
3KB, 97x194px
Give me one good reason Unown ! should not be banned

>Protip: you can't
>>
>>26528816
Also, comparing this to shit like
>Bravest bird
>Mega metagross
>Scarf garchomp
>Mega Medicham
>Any of the genies
>Azumarill
Like, really Greninja is outclassed offensively by most mons in OU, so saying he's overpowered is fucking retarded
>>
>>26528967
Yeah, hi Jasper
>>
>>26528965
>Making a case for smogonbird's broken ability

>Accuracy shouldn't be a factor
Okay, but it is, so fuck you

>Steel types can't switch into hydro pump, low kick, etc
This just means that you're shit at predicting/got out predicted and that's your own fault, dumbass

Are you retarded? You haven't made a single valid point thus far, you dumb cunt
>>
>>26528739
grass knot
>>
File: 1463959031751.png (64KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
1463959031751.png
64KB, 624x628px
>>26528591
>>
Great speed tier.
Effective 33% damage boost on everything.
Squishy, but hard to catch out with a supereffective move.
>>
>>26529331
STAB is 50%

You're surely mixing up with the LO boost, since that's one of the most common items it carries.
>>
>>26528971
Comparing this shit to like
>Bravest bird (I'll give you this one)
>Mega metagross (?)
>Scarf garchomp (Good for a surprise KO and then worthless beyond that)
>Mega Medicham (???)
>Any of the genies (None of them are broken by any means except potentially Landorus for the sole reason that he can fit onto any team that needs rocks or ground coverage)
>Azumarill (hardwalled by quagsire and unaware clefable, softwalled by most grass and water types, checked hard by anything with willowisp or even scald)
>>
Greninja is literally the least overpowered pokemon in the game.
>>
>>26528971
Greninja has the advantage of having ludicrous coverage even with a relatively restricted movepool, it has everything it needs to be able to hit anything that wants to switch in besides blobs. Offense had the hardest time with Greninja because it couldn't switch into it for shit, and it was rather hard to outspeed and kill without a scarfer. Greninja could just pressure you throughout the whole game and it was pretty fucking centralizing.
>>
File: [Laughing Chinese whores].jpg (23KB, 252x262px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughing Chinese whores].jpg
23KB, 252x262px
>>26528829
>not switching to a steel type
goddamnit you guys never fail to crack me up
>>
>>26529411
scald ice beam and gunk shot take care of all the things you mentioned
>>
>>26529605
Exactly.
I'm saying those "overpowered" mons he mentioned weren't exactly broken.
>>
>>26529547
>Garchomp and Bravest bird both out speed and destroy Greninja
>Literally any defensive steel type could safely switch in

>Claims Greninja is centralizing
>What is Landorus-T, Talonflame, azumarill, breloom, etc
>>
>>26529581
Literally Scizor
>>
>>26528903
>doesnt have the stats
yes, it does. you are factually incorrect. you can 2HKO ANYTHING due to protean and decent attacking stats
low kick/ice beam/gunk shot/dark pulse or whatever is the set that was most popular when it was banned, and those 4 moves alone raped everything. you could say "j-just use tentacruel!", but then as that happens grenimja users start packing extrasensory. just like hoopa unbound carrying tbolt to not get stopped by mandibuzz. no matter the environment, greninja would ALWAYS beat everything
>>
>>26529736
If Greninja isn't one-shotting and you can't kill it before it sweeps you, you're the problem, not Greninja.

Get good, you fucking donkey
>>
>>26529759
no, that line of thinking is wrong. battling is not nearly as one dimmensional as you think it is
consider this scenario
>your garchomp just killed something, and greninja comes in
>you can either let garchomp die, or go to your ice resist of, say, azumaril
>but oops! then greninja just kills azumarill the next turn with gunk shot
the risks of using greninja were small, and the rewards were way too high. sure, "x used (priority move)!" could kill it, but that isnt nearly good enough to keep it in check. this is what seperates it from other immensely used mons like labdorus. lando is a fairly straight forward pokemon, and has plenty of counters and checks alike such as skarmory. but you cant counter greninja.
>>
>>26529820
So what you're saying that you're bad at basic prediction. You're the problem, not Greninja.
>>
>>26529736
Bullet punch and Mach punch can easily take Greninja down.

Scizor and Conkeldurr, a little defensive investment, and boom, Greninja taken care of.
>>
>>26528591
vp is good at competetiv

ebin joke i made
>>
>>26529846
that is not nearly enough to keep it in check, however, because neither of them can switch in without getting fucked by a hydro pump or what have you

>>26529836
no, it isnt "basic prediction". i covered this in the scenario i offered. if youre gonna be an epic trolle at least try to stand by your bullshit. if youre that upset that it got banned then you shouldve done something about it during the suspect testing. but you didnt.
>>
>>26529820
>Can't you see Greninja

Get. Fucking. Good.
Seriously, the reasons you have are all because you apparently can't fucking predict. Example:
>Greninja expects you to switch out your garchomp
>Stay in, dragon claw
>One dead-ass Greninja
>If he's sashed, then you get a free switch because you know he's gonna use ice beam this time
Get better at the fucking game, you stupid cunt
>>
>>26529900
>*Cant counter Greninja
>>
>>26529900
The problem is, the only counterplay to Greninja is to basically flip a coin and say "is he gonna donk me or just kill me outright?"
And even if he doesn't donk the switch, he can probably murder whoever you sent in on him because he has free STAB on his coverage moves.
>>
>>26529888
>Neither of them can switch in
Except that most Conkeldurr can tank a hydro pump or two if need be, unless you suck at the game (which you clearly do)

>It isn't basic prediction
Yes it is. It's called outpredicting, and its very easy to do. Get good, faggot
>>
>>26529888
The problem is that the vast majority who voted are idiots compared to the minority who're intelligent. Intelligent people knows that Greninja is not OP, but stupid people think that Greninja is OP. So despite the intelligent people being in the right, they can't do shit because they're the minority unlike the stupid people who're in the majority, and stupid people refuse to change their viewpoint, their votes or their opinions. Suspect testing don't mean shit because it's inherently populated mostly by stupid people. There will always be more stupid people than smart people, that's a way of life.
>>
>>26529900
greninja doesnt have to predict you retard. it ice beams regardless because it can smack anything the next turn with its obscenely strong coverage. when facing a greninja the burden is on YOU to get around it, and its incredibly difficult at that because of these reasons
>>
>>26529933
There isn't only one counterplay. All you need to do is hit very hard very fast. I can do that with a fucking mega heracross with tailwind setup. Pin missile, boom, defeated.

And that's just one example, shit like sticky web, bravest bird, sneaky stones, all of this keeps Greninja in check

You're just a butthurt little faggot who sucks at competitive. I bet you use no fewer than 3 legends on your team too.
>>
>>26529940
>hydro on conkeldurr, does 40%
>greninja player switches
>next time the scenario plays out, conkeldurr is 2HKOd
shouldve packed slack off conk, right? j-just wish pass!

>>26529942
>greninja isnt op because only stupid people think its op
nice argument
>>
>>26529966
You always have to predict, it's part of competitive.
And of course the burden is on you, it's on you to get around ANY Pokemon in your way, it's how you win.

It isn't hard to get around, you're just bad at the fucking game
>>
>>26529983
tailwind in singles is shit
sticky web is rarely used
bravest bird is one pokemon; unless you think we should let shit like shaymin sky into OU because its mere existence makes it shit?
whats even with all this over the top insulting, are you trying to fluff up your otherwise weak argument?
>>
>>26529991
>Hydro does 40% on the switch in
>Mach punch
>Tank another hydro
>Mach punch
>Greninja is dead

If they switch Greninja out, then hey, they outplayed you. That isn't greninja's fault, it yours and the other players
>>
>>26528773
jesus fucking christ you're retarded or you've never actually played in OU
>>
>>26530020
Literally the only one here who thinks that Greninja is overpowered is you. Everyone else disagree with you.
>>
>>26528591
it's over-centralizing and nothing switches in on it safely

this thread is bait because any reason you get, you will deem as ungood
>>
>>26530020
>Tailwind in singles is shit
Except it isn't, dumbass

>Sticky web is rarely used
This is just plain false

>Bravest bird is one Pokemon
Bravest bird is one Pokemon that is far more broken then Greninja. That's discussion for another time though

>What's with this over the tip insulting?
What, how I called you a faggot?
And I'm right about the legends aren't I? Im guessing you use Landorus-T, Mew and latios
>>
>>26530058
All of the reasons given so far are just excuses for being unskilled, hypocritical or flatout wrong.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (65KB, 1297x559px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
65KB, 1297x559px
>>26530038
252 atk adamant conk only gets a 3hko on greninja after using hydro pump. If conk gets the mach punch off first, then it's a guaranteed 2hko.
>>
>play battlespot
>team gets destroyed by Greninja three times in a row because bullshit priority on every single move
>yell "FUCK!" at the top of my lungs
>slam ds shut
I hate Greninja.
>>
>>26530074
case in point

it doesn't really matter how much you bitch on 4chan because smogon
1. does not use 4chan
2. does not care about you or your opinion
3. will not unban greninja

knowing all of these, why would you choose to go forward and make this thread?
>>
>>26530012
>you always have to predict
what the fuck? you dont. unless you can read your opponents mind, playing each turn making hard reads is agro, and as such risky. theres such a thing in competitive as making "middle plays". i thought youd know about this kind of stuff but apparently not

>>26530038
you missed the point completely, ill spell it out even further.
switching a greninja out from something that could kill it is not "outplaying". switching is literally the sole reason why competitive pokemon is possible. what im saying is, what is your counter measure now that your conk has taken a hydro pump? your greninja "counter" is good as dead now, and allowing greninja to shit on the rest of your team

>>26530054
if that were the case the greninja would still be OU, right? :^)
>>
>>26530088
While i tend to think greninja should be uber, you're probably just bad.
>>
>>26529279
>AV
>Volcanion used Overheat!
RIP Froge
>>
>>26530101
I am sure that you're happy that the only people who agree with your belief are low skill scrubs who think that Greninja is overpowered.
>>
>>26530087
>wasting a slot on your team for conkeldurr when bravest birb, bravest buge and the fairy armada roam free

Anyways, come up with 6 thing in addition to conkeldurr who can reliable switch into greninja and maybe you'll have an argument

also
>that set
what in the actual fuck
>>
>>26530073
tailwind is shit because you have TWO TURNS to take advantage of it.
sticky web is shit because flying and defiant is everywhere and youre basically wasting a slot to use the shitmons that learn it
>>
>>26530058
>Over-centralizing
There's that buzzword.

If you wanna talk over-centralizing, how about Talonflame, Landorus-T, azumarill, ferrothorn, garchomp, latios, thundurus, breloom, scizor, metagross or mega lopunny?
Most OU teams are just random assortments of the above, with the occasional Mew or Starmie

Not to mention Greninja got banned right when oras came out so everyone was trying out its move tutor moves still and the meta didn't get a chance to dial back down

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>26528591
Really, a strong enough Mach Punch should KO it.
>>
File: 1411108082866.jpg (71KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1411108082866.jpg
71KB, 640x624px
>>26528591
OU is for mons that are OverUsed
Greninja was used much too much
So it was banned
Not for being broken
But because it was OVERUSED
You fucking retards

/thread
>>
>>26530113
>the only people who agree with your belief are low skill scrubs who think that Greninja is overpowered
but the very nature of suspect testing is that only people with a high ranking can vote. the very contrary is true - of the more skilled players, a majority of them voted for greninja to be banned
>>
File: 1406125544844.jpg (13KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1406125544844.jpg
13KB, 432x288px
>>26530121
>Mega-Lopunny is over centralizing
>Metagross is overcentralizing
>>
>>26530134
ubers isnt a tier; its a ban list for OU before anything else. usability and power correspond, but its the POWER of the pokemon that gets it banned
>>
>>26530102
I'm not bad at all, im pretty average. Everytime I sent my bulky pokemon out on it, they would get obliterated.
>>
>>26530115
Which set? conk set it pretty standard and reliable. Greninja set is for ubers where its used often as a lead to set up toxic spikes. If you think that they're anything but well thought out then your opinion is worthless.
>>
>>26530144
That's not how it works you fucking retard
Greninja was overcentralizing
>>
>>26530134
not really but you can keep thinking that if you want
>>
>>26530116
Here's a scenario I run into constantly

>Whimsicott vs M Charizard
>Tailwind, Charizard attacks
>I either die or eject button activates
>Switch into mega heracross and kill zard with rock blast
>opponent usually rage quits
>If not, I have two more turns to wreck shop unless bravest bird shows up

Learn to play the game better
>>
>>26530136
That still falls to the facts that the majority in every given case will always be stupid. As the suspect test proved, the majority of the voters were stupid and voted for Greninja to be banned.
>>
>>26530155
No it wasn't. People used garchomp, Clefable, tflame, ferrothorn etc far more often than Greninja

You're obviously retarded
>>
>>26529695
Hydro 2hkos bulky m-scizor, hp fire makes it vanish out of existence
>>
Hey OP, what stops greninja?
>>
Skuntank hard counters Greninja.

If a shitmon like Skuntank can hard counter Greninja, that objectively makes Greninja NOT overpowered at all.
>>
>>26530155
it was overcentralizing because of its prowress, not solely because of its usage. thats why during suspect tests the threads are full of discussion like this. its not just "look, this is over 25% usage. into ubers it goes"

>>26530164
>my elo hell retards ragequit turn 2! therefore im good!
by saying they ragequit, youre telling me that they had NOTHING that wasnt killed by heracross. no landorus, no fairy types, nothing. YOU are the bad player, because of these reasons. if you wanna prove otherwise, just drop that replay and ill check out your ranking
>>
File: 1463962135806.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463962135806.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>26530088
>priority on every single move

I disagree with OP, but you're most definitely a scrub.
>>
>>26530193
Except they aren't made up, you're just retarded.
Also, calling underaged and reported
>>
>>26530193
There is literally no arguing the fact that talonflame and clefable were used more than greninja. Besides, greninja wasn't banned because of its popularity, it was banned because of protean+122 spe+immense movepool.
>>
File: IMG_20160504_202613.jpg (57KB, 957x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160504_202613.jpg
57KB, 957x720px
>>26530198
>The opponent forfeits after turn 2 because no coverage
>This somehow makes me the bad player
>>
>>26530225
nope, it means the people youre playing are bad. theres a new system called "ranking" where youre paired up with people around your skill level
again, drop a replay if you want to prove otherwise
>>
>>26530197
Ding ding! I found somebody with a brain in this thread!
>>
>>26530197
You're bad at logic
>scissors beats paper, that means paper must not be able to beat rock!
>>
>>26530197
200 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Skuntank: 204-242 (49.7 - 59%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
okay
and then by packing this shitmon youre now waving a huge "HEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS SHITMON" flag at your opponent to do whatever
>>
>>26530286
>what is assault vest
>>
>>26530292
then it becomes even more of a set up bait without taunt or toxic
battling is not nearly as linear as youd like to think it is
>>
File: KEKkouga.jpg (15KB, 178x174px) Image search: [Google]
KEKkouga.jpg
15KB, 178x174px
>>26528591
Greninja was by far the most popular and controversial ban. I believe the whole Smogon Jury for it reached over 2 Million visits. It was the funnest thing i've witnessed in terms of Metagame experience.

>Seeing millions of people cry out that they couldn't ban him only because he was their bro
>>
>>26530306
Or maybe you should learn to play and win even when you're at a disadvantage. Skuntank is there as a hard counter to Greninja, nothing else. With a hard counter secured, you use the rest of your team to destroy the enemy and win.

So basically, git gud.
>>
>>26530322
skuntank does not "hard counter" greninja, see the calc in >>26530286. this is non-negotiable
saying 'get gud' doesnt prove or show anything
>>
>>26530322
That means every team that wants to beat Greninja should run AV / defensive Skuntank, effectively making teams even more similar than they already are ? That's a great way to have a healthy meta, anon.
>>
>>26530346
Still healthier than banning every pokemon that destroy your team.
>>
>>26529942

>intelligent
>angrily arguing on the Internet about the democratic decision made by an unofficial community to enforce a rule within their personal meta game

maybe play on cart instead of being a big stupid pussy that cries when people do things that you don't like

or maybe make your own personal competitive Pokemon simulator where you can enforce your own rules. just know that there's going to be a butthurt idiot crying about what rules you enforce on 4chan
>>
>>26530197
Quagsire hard counters Kyogre.
Shedinja hard counters Xerneas.

Your point?
>>
>>26530357

yeah the vgc meta is so healthy because they don't ban pokemon
>>
>>26530401
And yet VGC is universally more favored than Smogon. Says a lot more than your opsts ever will.
>>
>>26530414
>universally more favored
if that were actually true then how come there are 16,000 (sixteen thousand) people on the official smogon simulator as we speak?
>>
>>26530414

it says that vgc is the official meta. the fact that an unofficial meta has as large of a community as it does shows how unhealthy the vgc metagame is
>>
>>26530435
>actually thinking that 16,000 is much
>>
File: 1422073484202.png (64KB, 395x578px) Image search: [Google]
1422073484202.png
64KB, 395x578px
>tfw leading with mach punch conkeldurr
>tfw mach punch focus sash and bulk up switch
>>
is torrent greninja fine? i just want to have fun with my ninja frog
>>
>>26530479
yea he's allowed in ou
>>
>>26530479
Nah, "complex bans" are frowned upon, and just banning Protean would also ban Kecleon. Why anyone gives a shit about Kecleon is a question for another day.
>>
Reminder that Mega Charizard Y has less switch ins than Greninja.
>>
>>26530322
So what does skuntank do to greninja?
>>
>>26530479
if you're just looking to have fun just go in battle spot or challenge random passerbys
>>
>>26530506
charizard doesnt have 122 base speed, so ???
that was a huge reason as to why greninja was so good
>>
File: kirinoretarded.gif (495KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
kirinoretarded.gif
495KB, 500x283px
>>26530502
ty babe kiss me
>>
>>26530534
n, anon is rusing you
>>
>>26529075
Nevermind, just another underage summer kid, at least learn how competitive battling works before making shit statements.
>>
File: killme.jpg (17KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
17KB, 375x360px
>>26530552
>>
What's with this "Greninja has no counters" meme? Assuming the standard set:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick

Here are some counters that are not just forced jokes like AV Skuntank:
>252 HP Tentacruel
A measly 35.3% chance to 3HKO with Dark Pulse after Black Sludge recovery
>252 HP / 252 Def+ Suicune
0% chance to 3HKO with Dark Pulse after Leftovers recovery
>252 HP / 252 SpD+ Swampert
4HKO with Ice Beam after Leftovers recovery
>36 HP / 220 Def / 252+ SpD Alomomola (standard EV spread)
Only a 37% chance to 3HKO with Dark Pulse after Leftovers recovery
>252 HP Klefki
96.7% chance to 4HKO with Ice Beam after Leftovers recovery
>252 HP / 144+ SpD Gastrodon (standard EV spread)
50.5% chance to 3HKO with Ice Beam after Leftovers recovery. Fully specially defensive set obviously walls it even better.
>252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey
72.8% chance to 3HKO with Low Kick

It took me like 10 minutes to come up with all these counters to Greninja, so don't act like there aren't any. Besides, all of these Pokemon are OU viable since they have recommended OU sets on their Smogon page, so you can't resort to ">muh shitmon niche counters" this time. And that's the most common offensive Greninja set, but even if it's running Hydro Pump instead of some of the moves above, Tentacruel, Suicune, Alomomola, Gastrodon and Chansey still counter it (Swampert too, to a certain extent).

tl;dr Greninja has multiple counters but Smogon babbys are too lazy to use them so they just ban instead because why not.
>>
>>26530873
theory: what if greninja could use different attacks
you need to scout out its moveset before you can start "countering" it. i'll repeat myself: battling is not as linear and one dimensional as youd like to think it is.
>>
>>26530951
That's the most common set that practically everyone was running before the ban because it's the "uncounterable" one. Changing any of the moves means that there are even more counters than just those. For example, dropping Low Kick means that specially defensive Empoleon walls it, while dropping Gunk Shot means that pink blobs shit all over you, and so on. If that set has that many counters, then so do the other sets. Playing the age-old "What if it's running all of its sets at the same time?" doesn't really work here, so you can just stop it.
>>
File: 1418089101157.png (119KB, 359x291px) Image search: [Google]
1418089101157.png
119KB, 359x291px
>it's a /vp/ autists get trolled by underages episode
>>
>>26531030
no it does work, but in ways you dont seem to understand. assuming people start using things like tentacruel to counter greninja, then the greninja users will start using extrasensory to combat that. we saw this very scenario happen as hoopa began to pack tbolt to hit things like mandibuzz, before it was banned. the idea is that a single pokemon molding the whole rest of the meta around it is a bad thing
>>
>>26531073
Well then Tentacruel doesn't counter it but all the others still do. Good job I guess.
>>
>>26531073
If Greninja can change its sets, why can't the other player change his counters?

The set other anon posted is the one which was dominant because it was more succesful than the other sets, because the other sets would be walled by even more common counters.
>>
>>26531212
because every pokemon is going to have some sort of "counter". but the fact of the matter is that greninja is so strong and has so few counters, that every player is forced to pick one out of four mons to not get their shit kicked in. which is, again, too centralizing against the ideals smogon has for a metagame
>>
>>26531268
Greninja may not have many counters, but it doesn't mean its counters are niche and exclusive to Greninja.
>>
>>26531340
that isnt the point i was getting at
>>
>>26529966
>when facing literally anything in the entire fucking game the burden is on YOU to get around it
What the fuck is the point you're trying to make here exactly
>>
>>26531368
Correct me if I am wrong, but your point was that people needed to pick one of a few pokemons if they didn't want to lose and by extension, made everyone run basically the same teams.

My counterpoint is that everyone already had counters on their team to avoid being swept, and that some of those common counters also work on Greninja, so it's not like people had to make huge changes to their team to adapt to Greninja.
>>
>>26530951
Please show me a Greninja moveset that counters both Chansey and Suicune.
>>
>>26531556
Not him, but a pokemon is Ubers when it can sweep most of the OU tier with little to no difficulty. Most is the keyword here. You need to name more pokemon you think are checks/counters.
>>
>>26531556
Low Kick and Grass Knot.
>>
>>26531953
The other guy already did that for me. I was refuting the argument about him running different coverage moves by pointing out that even if he had infinite moveslots he would still be walled by Chansey and to a lesser extent Crocune.
>>
>>26532048
Grass Knot Greninja is oh shit nigger what are you doing tier, but I'll give that to you anyway. Yes, Grass Knot on a special Greninja would counter Crocune.
However Low Kick isn't that good against Chansey unless you're running a physical Greninja, and if they are he's instantaneously shut down on the off chance they decide to pack WoW instead of Toxic
>>
>>26529900
>then you get a free switch because you know hes going to use ice beam

LET ME JUST EAT THIS FREE STAB ICE BEAM
LOL
O
L
LOVING EVERY LAUGH
>>
I don't really care what they bam for singles because singles is for retards, but every time someone calls out what can counter or check greninja there's always some idiot that goes
>b-but this stops that counter
So what? That's what happens in pokemon, if you get your counter fucked by another you were out skilled and too stupid to do anything about it.
Git gud.
>>
>>26532306
>WoW
>chansey
you what
>>
>>26529695
I predict your switch, my stab boosted life orb hydro pump kills your scizor after rocks.
>>
>>26531469
no, not every team had chansey|a bulky water
>>
>>26529674
>Breloom
>Centralizing
>when smogon bird is a thing
>>
I have never in my life seen a larger congregation of idiots on this board than this thread.

Greninja is very fast.
Greninja has a ton of coverage.
Greninja has 0 counters.
Greninja was on every team.
A Greninja check was on every team.
A suspect test was made, those who passed chose to ban greninja. NOT smogon. The people who were good enough to place high enough to vote deemed it banworthy, and that is why it is banned.
>>
>>26528591
Literally if you want to play by the Smogon ruleset, you have to deal with their bans.

That is your good reason.

If you don't want to accept Smogon's ruleset, play a different meta. VGC, non-ou Smogtiers, and OMs exist if your autism really can't get around one OU ban.
>>
>>26533580
I predict your prediction and switch in something that drinks from your tears for doing that.
>>
>>26533755
I predict YOUR prediction and use something that destroys your prediction.
>>
>>26533755
What in ou can eat a stab hydro pump

>azumarill
Gunk shot
>chansey
Low kick or switch out
>manaphy
What is a manaphy gonna do to greninja in one turn?
>serperior
ice beam
>latios
ice beam

This is why it's banned
>>
>>26528705
>>26528711
>Keckleon
>>
>>26533853
*kecleon
>>
>>26528591
>"Give me one good reason"

>>26528773
>"these are not good reasons"

retarded bastard
>>
File: tumblr_nw4wqjZ8Os1tfyu3oo2_1280.png (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw4wqjZ8Os1tfyu3oo2_1280.png
16KB, 500x500px
I love threads like these because they, without fail, prove that anti-Smogon fags have zero argument and no clue how Smogon works.
>>
>>26528773
I don't thing Greninja should be banned but i dont play by smogons rules so it's moot.
>Greninja isn't even particularly fast
uuuh, come on man. 122 is a fantastic speed tier.
>Greninja gets outsped easily unless it has a scarf
again, bruuuuuuh
>>
>>26533853
>>26533989
If Kecleon had the stats and movepool to back it up, he would have been banned too.
>>
I just always fucked with Greninja with AV Kecleon ingame. Not sure how it fares on Smogon simulator though. Also, I'm pretty sure it is hard walled by Volcanion, Chansey, and literally any bulky water type.
>>
>>26535190
>252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 157-187 (43.1 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Nice hard wall.

252 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 273-322 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Another nice hard wall.

>252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Mega Slowbro: 338-400 (85.7 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mega because it's bulkier than standard Slowbro.
>252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 144-172 (40.7 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
>252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 144-172 (42.2 - 50.4%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Manaphy can't 2HKO it back.
>252 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 307-361 (82.5 - 97%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

None of these bulky waters can do anything back, anyway.
Please refrain from commenting on Smogon bans when you are not familiar with Smogon's format.
>>
>>26535269
Forgot to include Starmie, but that's a given.

The three bulky waters with reliable recovery that don't die to it are Alomomola, Milotic, and Vaporeon, none of which are particularly viable in OU and kill momentum. There's also max SpDef Assault Vest Slowking, but that's a terrible set even in RU.
>>
I literaly swept an entire uber team that included primal groudon, primal kyogre, and mega rayquaza with mine. It OHKO'd the mega rayquaza with an icebeam crit. Its broken af. I'd still ban any priority increasing ability and/or stealth rocks before touching greninja though.
>>
>>26535269
He said AV Volcanion, Chansey, and bulky water types like Alamomola.

Please refrain from typing until you've actually read what you're attempting to respond to.
>>
>>26536321
>those aren't bulky water types
>suggests something that gets memed by the hilarity that is grass knot.
lmao, now suggest vaporeon or something.

You're right about AV volcanion though, literal hardwall. Wish it had been around at the time, might have convinced a few people.
>>
42 base speed faster than Hoopa-U, hits a little less hard and gets STAB on everything, literally only Porygon2 can switch in (Empoleon gets bopped by Lowest Kick), every single coverage move it could possibly want + STAB Hidden Power, even Spikes and a signature Water priority move, great mixed movepool and stat allocation.
>>
>>26536395
>could possibly want
tbolt when
>>
>>26528591
>Tongue scarf
>>
>>26528591
is it uncounterable? is it an unboosting 6KO kind of mon?
>>
>>26529321
Shit son, burst out laughing at work cause of this
>>
>>26529279

It would be better off using Gunk Shot. They're both neutral but Gunk bypasses Assault Vest and has a poison chance.
>>
>>26533853
Kecleon actually did get banned from pu because of how strong protean is.
>>
>>26528903
>12 viable attacks on a Pokemon

You don't know anything about competitive Pokemon if you don't think that is absurdly high.
>>
...no mention of protean essentially being a mind game trying to figure out what the fuck to attack him with? And the fact he can change types to improve his resistances when needed...or get fucked over by bullet punch for spamming ice beams.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.