[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Very few Strength puzzles in Gen 6 due to the boulders being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 44-3f.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
44-3f.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
>Very few Strength puzzles in Gen 6 due to the boulders being bigger
>The ice floor puzzles were gimped in difficulty, and diagonal movement kind of rendered the concept obsolete
>Spin tiles (a la Rocket Hideout) suffered the same fate as the ice floor puzzles
>Now more than ever, the small ledges don't make an awful lot of sense unless they impose a high camera angle on you
With Gen 7 seemingly dropping the tile-based movement for good, do you think we'll see new and interesting replacements for this kind of stuff? Or are overworld/dungeon puzzles dead for good, replaced by bland corridors, meme dialog and "social elements"?
>>
>>26528379

It's gonna be full on made for multiplayer with a half assed gimped campaign thrown in where you can't do anything without internet and Friend Codes.
>>
>>26528379
I wish there'd be 3D platforming but GF is too incompetent to try that.
>>
Gen 7 gyms all have quiz, switch, or invisible wall puzzles.

Kill me.
>>
>>26528461
JUST
>>
>>26528379
>Le strenght puzzle
>Le ice puzzle
>Le spinning and teleport tiles

Why do we to have the same boring puzzle designs every single gen that's what i'm more concerned, they should come up with more creative things
>>
>>26528379
I've never seen an overworld puzzle that I liked. Tile-based or not.
I think we'll be stuck with Cloister of Trials-esque puzzles at best, unless they introduce whole new gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>26528472
I agree but honestly, I think I want every game to have really free movement. Not just Pokemon, but games in general. It feels so limiting.

I mean, you want me immersed? Let me jump, climb, swim, run, walk. Fuck, let me swim alongside my Pokemon instead of just riding it. Let me ride my Pokemon just walking around the map. Let my Fire Type carry me across lava, I dunno. There's so much cool shit you can think up to do with Pokemon and movement and environments.
>>
>>26528814
Imagine the main games adopted more Overworld elements from pic related.
>>
>>26528708
Le
>>
>>26528708
>they should come up with more creative things
This is Game Freak we're talking about here, our primary concern should be stopping them from REMOVING features first, maybe once we've got that for a gen or two we can talk about the problem of actually adding good creative new features

baby steps, anon
>>
>>26528741
I loved Ice Path in GSC.
>>
>>26528741

>cloister of trials

I don't know why they thought this tedious bullshit was a good idea
>>
>>26531290
>that graphical overhaul given to Ice Path in Crystal
>>
I hate sliding ice puzzles!

Hate!
>>
>>26528708
>I know, putting Le in front of everything makes it sound bad and I will totally fit in!
That's reddit tier
>they should come up with more creative things
If only. The thing is that we are either stuck with slightly new puzzles using old tools, or nothing at all.
>>
>>26531470
Agreed. Fuck ice dungeons.

>5 seconds to figure out
>5 minutes to actually maneuver around and solve the damn thing
>>
>>26528741
>Cloitser of Trials
>Not Cloyster of Trials

c'mon anon
>>
>>26531552
What? The actual maneuvering is fast and subtracting the time it takes to figure them out even the most explicit takes less than a minute.

Strength puzzles are the ones that are technically slow, and spin puzzles in gen I.
>>
Pokemon puzzles were always shit.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.