[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they decide to make the Black and White saga of the anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 11

File: pokemonbwanime.jpg (140KB, 584x446px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonbwanime.jpg
140KB, 584x446px
Why did they decide to make the Black and White saga of the anime so fucking awful? It literally took all the progress Ash made during the Diamond and Pearl saga and shit all over it, it felt like I was rewatching the Kanto saga with how they had Ash acting like a complete amateur and bumbling retard through most of it, really felt like a huge step back in terms of writing for the series after how great the Diamond and Pearl saga was written
>>
>>26522291
I'm a vegan.
>>
"The Kanto saga was the most well-liked worldwide, so let's try to recapture that."

They didn't.
>>
Well for one, since Gen V mirrored Kanto in some ways, and with the lack of any previous ge Pokemon, they decided to go for some kind of weird half-reboot.

With no contests in Unova, and no time for a Sinnoh Frontier series or HGSS-inspired Johto series, we ended up losing Dawn, Brock, and Paul.

And then they blatantly ignored all the potential material they could have gotten from Gen V. Iris, who goes from being a Gym Leader to Champion, is instead just a dragon trainer, missing so much potential character development. Team Plasma, the evil Team with the most story focus, is shoved aside into a brief arc, and we lose all potential character development Ash could have gained from having to confront Team Plasma's beliefs and potential interaction with N. Cheren and Drayden, two Gym Leaders who play heavy roles in the story, appear briefly while Ash has a joke of a battle with Roxie, the least developed new Gym Leader. PWT could have been a great reunion period where companions from the entire anime all returned, but since Dawn was written off after all the charater development she received, PWT was just a random tournament arc used for Dawn's cameo.

Between BW and BW2, there was great potential for not one, but two Unova journeys. Instead, we got one garbage series. If they had followed the success of DP, the anime could have reached it's peak.Understandably, I would not have been surprised or terribly angry if Ash still lost the league and continued traveling, but if BW anime was done properly it could have been the perfect finale for Ash.
>>
>these companions
>these awful pokemon

im glad im done with the anime
>>
>>26522458
I wanted to strangle someone when PWT was dropped. Like fuck, so much potential down the drain.
>>
>>26522458
>tfw there were plans for Plasma but the episode introducing them got cancelled because of the earthquake and any plans from there on were rewritten
>>
Recycled the "Fire starter is abandoned by his shitty trainer for being weak but with Ash's love and care draws out his true potential" for the third time.

Infernape did the story better than Charizard because Infernape didn't deliberately throw the league just to be a cunt. Pignite followed up Infernape's act by not even fully evolving and being far less powerful
>>
>>26522538
this

Not to mention the Infernape v. Electivire battle was easily the best in the series.
>>
File: Krookodile.png (602KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Krookodile.png
602KB, 1280x720px
Its a real shame. BW were my favourite games and its always nice to have a good anime to go along with them. At least Ash got a Krookodile, I guess.
>>
>>26522291
I agree with it but still there are few epis0odes that I think were one of the coolest.
I loved Krookodile character, Snivy was cool too.
All Episodes that focused on Pokemon were great.
>>
>>26523711
THAT'S JUST A COCK
>>
>>26522458
They wasted so much time between some of the badges in DP. I just wish they could've used that time to go over to Johto and do HGSS stuff.
>>
>>26522458
This.
>>26522533
What really made BW anime suck though, was that the anime writers at the time never intended to follow the plot of the games in the first place. Originally, I also thought it was the cancellation of the Plasma vs ROCKET special that ruined Best Wishes, but not too long ago someone posted a link to an interview with the anime writers, who admitted that the anime wasn't going to follow the plot of the games regardless of whether the special aired or not. Instead, they wanted to inject their own stories and arcs.

TL;DR: BW anime was ruined before the special cancellation, because the anime writers at the time never intended to follow the game's plot. There was never going to be Team Plasma's liberation campaign throughout the region, and there was never going to be a unique dynamic between Ash and N.
>>
>>26523809
It looks nothing like a cock. You're just really craving one right now.
>>
The Pokemon anime suffers the same affliction as any numbet of vomic book heros - lack of meaningful progression, or complete reversal of meaningful progression at certain points in time.

In short, the writers all want to recapture the essence of the character, but tend to fuck up badly.
>>
>gen 5 games are awesome
>gen 5 anime is shit
>gen 6 games are sub par/shit
>gen 6 anime is awesome

There's one thing I'll never about the BW anime. How exactly did they completely skip the who plasma plot due to the earthquake/tsunami? I know it was bad obviously but I don't see why the anime had to randomly change pace instead of airing it as intended or at a later date.
>>
Part of what makes BW as bad as it is, is the fact it came right after DP.
>>
>>26524976
>I know it was bad obviously but I don't see why the anime had to randomly change pace instead of airing it as intended or at a later date.

It didn't change pace, we know the next 25 or so episodes were already in the works and they clearly had nothing to do with Plasma. The Plasma episodes were just meant to be the finale to the Meteonite arc and presumably establish the team for a later return in some much later arc.
The most logical theory is that those episodes were indeed going to be aired eventually, but once B2W2 got announced, they decided to keep them unaired since they'd have to use the B2W2 version of Team Plasma in the anime anyway and establishing the BW version would fuck that up pretty bad.
>>
>>26524976
It's what Japan do. The Kamen Rider series that was airing at the time had it's plot changed too.
>>
>>26525189
Kamen Rider episodes take a few days to film, Pokemon episodes take half a year to animate. It's easy to change track as a reaction to something for the former, not so much for the latter.

It's why Team Rocket stayed as edgeshitters until Decolora, at the time they got enough feedback that the edge wasn't very popular, they already had another half year's worth of edgeshit produced that hadn't aired yet.
>>
>>26525253
I mean, at what point did it become clear the edgy Rocket direction wasn't very popular with the audience as a whole? Definitely not until after the earthquake, and since they needed some time to make sure this really WAS the common reaction to it, let's say they fully realized around the time episode 50 aired. That was the Battle Subway. At that point, they were producing episodes in the 70s and were in the process of setting up the Meloetta arc, which they had to conclude after that.
That's why it takes so long to make tonal shifts in series like these.
>>
It's almost amazing how big the difference is between the BW and XY anime, despite being made by basically the same people. It's like they just decided to take their work seriously for once and go all in.
>>
>>26525370
They fired the director and got a new one. The director controls the show's direction.
>>
>>26525370
The director changed.
>>
>>26525253
I liked edge rocket if only for that random as heck truck scene and jetpacks. Such a shame those grey/black outfits never saw the light of day
>>
>>26522291
One pokemon saved it:

Oshawott
>>
>>26525397
People largely thought they were interesting and fresh during the Meteonite arc, it's just that the freshness didn't last and they were hideously boring as standard villains outside that arc.
>>
The implication is that they were trying to do the same thing with the anime as they did with the games: be a call back to gen 1. They failed on both counts.
>>
>>26522291
I don't know what they were thinking for making Ash go completely amateur, but everything outside of that was pretty good until the earthquake happened, and they had to cancel Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma.

I remember being decently hyped for that encounter because Team Rocket became significantly more competent for BW. They wore black uniforms, and had far more ambitious plans like creating a weapon that had a whole bunch of Roggenrola installed in it so that it could fire a gigantic Flash Cannon attack.

But after the Earthquake, TR went back to their goofy selves again. James' Yamask never evolved, nor did Jessie's Woobat.
>>
>>26525439
>But after the Earthquake, TR went back to their goofy selves again.
Where the hell does the meme come from? They stayed edgy until Episode N and didn't go fully back to their old selves until Decolora.
>>
>>26525439
>>26525451
Fuck, that Roggenrola cannon episode you use as an example aired like 3 months after the earthquake, even.
>>
Gen 5 had the best games and worst anume

Gen6 has the worst games and best anume

Coincidink? I thonk knot
>>
It had but 6 min, better than all trashnime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI_86uQvltc
>>
>>26525491
>this overall plotless collection of anime adaptations of certain key scenes from the game is better than an actual series
Stop embarrassing yourself, anon.
>>
File: Bill.gif (465KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Bill.gif
465KB, 500x280px
>>26522458
>we ended up losing Dawn
>implying Dawn would have stayed if contents were still around
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 940x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 940x708px
>guy brings 5 Pokemon to a 6-on-6 cause he forgot
>wipes the fucking floor with Ash's team using a Riolu that evolves mid-match
>Ash doesn't even crack Top 16
>after getting to the Finals against a fucking Darkrai and Latios last season
That alone should express how awful Best Wishes was. Which in itself was a metaphor how awful Gen V was.
>>
Honestly, most of the anime's current problems would be solved if it wasn't a weekly show. If it was just a mini-series it would work so much better. They could have their few actually interesting moments and no bullshit. Conversely, though, they could have more interesting ideas to warrant it being longer. One thing people like about BW was the multiple tournaments throughout the arc. True, it was mostly because of the character interaction, but STUFF WAS HAPPENING BETWEEN GYMS. We need more of that, but it doesn't need to be a tournament all the time. Just little mini-arcs to fill the time.
>>
>>26525572
He got top 8 in Unova and top 4 in Sinnoh, but yeah.
>>
>>26525591
There's been contests and tripokalons happening between gym in all other series since Johto, which is the only series that REALLY suffered from the "20 fillers, then a gym, then 20 more fillers" shit due to the complete lack of any running plot besides Ash's badge quest.

BW needed the tournaments because it didn't have any contest-style thing to fill the gaps.
>>
>>26525572
Riolu didn't wipe the floor with Snivy, it got its ass beat before evolving.

The entire Pikachu vs Lucario fight was in Pikachu's favor, while Pikachuw as tired and Lucario got healed by an evolution.

Pikachu won in an Iron Tail struggle while Lucario resisted Iron Tail by 4x while Pikachu only resisted 2x and Pikachu got up quicker than Lucario did.

But somehow Lucario wins against Electro Ball with Aura Sphere? Fuck outta here.
>>
>>26525572
didn't that asinine plot device riolu/lucario trainer lose to a flareon of all things afterwards?
>>
>>26525618
Pikachu went on to completely fuck over a Mega Lucario just by adding gravity to Iron Tail.
>>
File: Justice is served.png (750KB, 1268x709px) Image search: [Google]
Justice is served.png
750KB, 1268x709px
>>26525629
Yes. It's Aura Sphere got popped like it was a bubble from Flareons Fire Blast.

Literally the only good thing to come out of Virgil, loved seeing that stupid Lucario plotfuck getting BTFO while Virgil still had 2 mons left.
>>
>>26525653
I know that.

And it was great.
>>
>>26525629
No, to an Eevee
>>
>>26525668
No it didn't, Eevee was shown fighting a Druddigon after Flareon BTFO'd Lucario.
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 936x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 936x1440px
>>26525655
>Virgil
I forgot that was his name. Good for writers on him.
Didn't he fight Mewtwo too?
>>
The first batch of episodes were pretty good. Ash catches more than 5 new Pokémon and regularly switches them out rather than having the same team of 6 the whole time (better than XY where he still only has 5 Pokémon on him including Pikachu), both his companions had their own rivals and there were regular tournaments where all these characters took part.

The problem with Best Wishes is it didn't know how to end an arc. Every arc in the series gets a rushed ending. The Team Rocket/Meloetta arc, the Team Plasma arc and the entire Pokémon League. Iris and Cilan's rivals just disappear only getting acknowledged in an ending theme while Ash's final battle with Trip is 1 on 1.
>>
>>26525691
They brought him back for the prequel special for movie 16, though he didn't fight Mewtwo, he was helping it out.
>>
>>26525697
>Ash catches more than 5 new Pokémon and regularly switches them out rather than having the same team of 6 the whole time
That was fucking terrible. The need to market the starters and the decision to give them all to Ash meant that anything besides them and Pikachu rarely appeared at all, which is even worse when there's like 6 other mons fighting for attention. Scraggy and Korokodile are the only other mons that got ANY kind of development or proper attention.
Palpitoad appeared in a total of fucking THREE episodes after getting caught and had 0 screentime outside battles.
>>
>>26525697
No. I refuse to accept this is a good thing at all. They don't know how to do that many characters at once, it was seen. So much progression was flipping WASTED on spreading it so thin. True, a lot of pokes get featured, but nothing came of a lot of it.
>>
I really don´t understand why the writers where thinking, take Cameron as a example. Ash acted like a retard the whole season so he deserve to loose but why the person he loose has to be even more retarded than him?
>>
>>26525718
But this could have made for a great league if they'd given Ash more battles. The Hoenn league's problem was Ash had several 6 on 6 matches with the exact same team. In Unova he could have had a different team for each 6 on 6 battle without using his old Pokémon.

It was a good idea, it just wasn't used well in the long run.
>>
>>26525725
>Ash will never get swept and mindbroken in a 1-on-6
>he'll never get called out on the retarded decisions he makes
>>
>>26525725
>>26525767

Ash HIMSELF knew Cameron was retarded.
>>
>>26525767
That HAS happened, sort of. Nothing was had from it. It was the biggest complaint I had about Paul. Ash got NO character development from it. NONE.
>>
>>26525782
When goddamn BW Ash of all people is dumbfounded at how fucking dumb you are, you know you should probably off yourself.
>>
>>26525790
>Ash got NO character development from it. NONE.
Did you watch the dub? I hear they rewrote it pretty hard, but in the original, Ash learned a pretty solid lesson about how he's not always right about everything and that other methods are legit as well. A big part of Paul's character was that his Pokemon DID respect him He wasn't some nasty villain treating them as slaves, he was more of a tough love drill sergeant type.
>>
>>26525820
Not always right!? HE GOES BACK TO DOING THE EXACT SAME TRAINING METHODS HE ALWAYS DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26525820
What? Nothing can explain what he did to Chimchar, it was straight up abuse

Paul was just a huge brat.
>>
>>26525572
Please don't press your Gen V hate onto this. The anime was bad, yes. But the games were fantastic.
>>
>>26525845
The point was that Chimchar wasn't tough enough to handle his training methods. Ash's entire storyline with it was to prove to Paul that its power could be brought out other ways too.

The problem is largely that the dub rewrote dialogue so heavily they ended up completely writing out the idea of Ash and Paul growing to respect each other even though they didn't agree with the other's methods.
>>
>>26525845
Yeah, Chimchar even got PTSD.
>>
>>26525874
Paul, yes, but Ash learned nothing.
>>
Actions speak louder than words. They can say everything they want, but the truth is Ash is still doing the same thing he always did and nothing was telling him that it was wrong in any way.
>>
>>26525895
He did. The way he treats Paul changes DRASTICALLY over the course of the series.

Did you watch the dub or the sub?
>>
>>26525874
Paul called Chinchar pathetic and other things, it has nothing to do with training methods
>>
>>26525908
Again, the dub rewrote a lot. Is that what you watched?
>>
>>26525907
I'll give you that one, but Ash should've still learned that he's far too reckless.
>>
>>26525862
But nobody remembers the games. In the same way people forget about long haired Serena and thought that Iris is the playable character instead of Hilda and Rosa (both fell into the "non-canon" territory as the case with Leaf and Lyra)
>>
>>26522291
>Why did they decide to make the Black and White saga of the anime so fucking awful?
It's second nature to them. They are the most incompetent people on the entertainment industry.

>It literally took all the progress Ash made during the Diamond and Pearl saga and shit all over it
>he cares about progress
You should've stopped at hoenn, and that's being generous.
>>
>>26525922
I watched both. You can't be serious, the dub didn't changed that much or I guess the dub added that PTSD scene too?
>>
>>26522291
And they are wise to spite on everything Gen V in Gen VI
>Weather nerfs
>Fairy type and Gale Wings good against every single strong Gen V mon/types
>Gives Audino a crappy mega
>>
>>26525973
It didn't add that scene, of course, but rewriting surrounding dialogue changes a lot.
DP is probably the dub at its absolute worst and most rewrite-heavy (a good deal of which is plain mistranslations that introduce awful plotholes at that)
>>
>>26525969
>White saga of the anime so fucking awful?
>It's second nature to them. They are the most incompetent people on the entertainment industry.

>thinking that even at their worst, OLM can be near as incompetent as regular Toei
>ignoring how the gen 6 anime is massively better than the games
>>
>>26525985
What rewrites?
>>
File: pokemonmaster.png (2MB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonmaster.png
2MB, 1280x1440px
>>26526018
The final line here being mistranslated as "And then I'll finally be a Pokemon Master" is probably the worst error the dub has ever made.

There are still people today that think Ash just has to beat a Champion to become Pokemon master, and that Champion and Pokemon Master mean the same thing.
>>
>>26526018
noob
>>
>>26525985
The dub is at its worst at XY. Not DP.
>>
>>26526043
XY has never done anything as bad as this kind of shit >>26526035

The DP dub also claimed Ash needed to win his local league in Kanto to qualify for the Champion League, and that winning the Sinnoh League wouldn't be enough.
>>
>>26526056
Literally who cares about that specific dub mistranslation.

XY has much, much worse music in dub with even worse voice acting.
>>
>>26525961
What?
>>
>>26525519
>we lost may for a may knock off when her gimmick was still in the anime
Feels bad man.
>>
>>26525986

>>thinking that even at their worst, OLM can be near as incompetent as regular Toei

Toei didnt make the worst anime of all time. And they're only "incompent" in animation and only if you completely ignore the context of their shows.

>>ignoring how the gen 6 anime is massively better than the games
>pokemon anime
>better than anything
Kek
>>
>>26526097
Oh, you're one of those people. Nice for you to out yourself so quickly.
>>
>>26526108
>>26526108
Well yeah, i'm not a cuck.
Doesnt make anything i said less true.
>>
>>26526132
>defends Toei
>not a cuck
Back to watching DBS, my good goy.
>>
>>26526071
I'm fairly sure a decent amount of dubfags still believe both those things to be true. They get brought up often enough.
>>
>>26526145
I sure will, shit happened in dbs at the very least.
>>
>>26525417
>>26525572
Kys losers, the shit anime is NOT synonymous with the great games.
>>
>>26526145
>>26525986
To be fair Toei has some good shows like the Digimon series.
>>
>>26526200
So does OLM with series like DP and XY.
>>
>>26526145
>liking Pokemon more than DB when even DB has more consistent writing and lore
>>
>>26526220
>DP
>good
>>
>>26526220
>pokemon anime
>ever good
Anon, it's objectively trash, stop defending a show just because you liked it on your childhood.
>>
>>26526246
Funny cause I never liked the original series. It's XY that is good.
>>
>>26526257
Xy can't be good tho
>>
>>26525983
>Spitting Gen V in Gen VI

I love when you guys have to reach for the dumbest shit to justify your hate.
>>
Black and Whtie isn't a reboot to the series, they even mentioned previous series' when Ash's Charizard return. It's all a connected story. However, I speculate that the reason for Ash being such a terrible trainer in the BW series is pretty much him coping after his defeat in the Sinnoh League and pretty much not caring much, you can see this change go in the beginning of the XY series. Even in the XY series Ash remained clumsy for a few first episodes, this later changed, he has matured and look at him now. A badass team that's greater than his Sinnoh Team.
>>
>>26526325
No, it's because they don't give a shit. Even the games show their lack of effort. No improvements, only introducing the bad features
>>
>>26525983
What?
>>
>>26526325
>It's all a connected story.
Exactly, he's a loser.

>However, I speculate that the reason for Ash being
>such a terrible trainer in the BW series is pretty much him coping after his defeat in the Sinnoh League and pretty much not caring much, you can see this change go in the beginning of the XY series. Even in the XY series Ash remained clumsy for a few first episodes, this later changed, he has matured and look at him now. A badass team that's greater than his Sinnoh Team.
>this delusion
>>
>>26526097
I assume you haven't actually watched XY?
The game gym leaders are fucking garbage compared to their anime incarnations
>>
>>26525862
BW2 was the best part about Gen V, and even then, it wasn't that great. My only fond memories from that game was the awesome postgame, catching a shiny Regigigas, and jerking off to giant office lady art, everything else was either average or forgettable, on top of BW blowing chunks.
Hell, I even enjoyed ORAS better, now that's low.
>>
>>26526097
>games
>lysandre is shit
>diantha is shit
>the rivals are shit
>the gym leaders are shit
>the TF story is shit
>elite 4 is shit

>anime
>Lysandre is well written character
>Diantha does a lot more
>the rivals get mega pokemon, beats elite 4 members and shit
>one rival works for fucking TF, even Trevor gets a Mega Charizard Y
>the gym leaders gets megamons
>Malva and Siebold is what they should have been in the games

Delusional tard. XY games were shit
>>
>>26526554
>The game gym leaders are fucking garbage compared to their anime incarnations
>these characters that, korrina and clemont aside, only appear 2-3 episode max are better than some npcs.
>therefore, the entire show is good
At least you didnt post ash vs clemont or pikachu vs mega lucario so props for that.
>>
>>26526688
I like how you skip mentioning the main characters.
>>
>>26522291
>Why did they decide to make the Black and White saga of the anime so fucking awful?

The entire anime is awful. How about you stop watching that shit if you want to watch something good?
>>
>>26526785
That's obvious though. Clemont and Bonnie did nothing in the games and Serena was a shit rival that saw you as some kind of god.
>>
>>26526799
>he plays the pokemon games
>he says the anime is bad

How ironic
>>
>>26526035
>>26526056

Wait what? Who gives about minor shit like that? Hasn't XY's dub reverted back to replacing the movies' score?
>>
>>26526966
It has, but don't act like the dub replacement music wasn't a fucking catastrophe in DP as well.
>>
>>26526879
>>26526879
there is a difference in playing kids games and having fun with them and bitching about an obviously for kids anime
>>
>>26526982
And then there's complaining about both.
>>
>>26526982
Said the guy that came into the thread just to say the anime was awful and nothing else.

You're aware of the irony, I hope?
>>
>>26526981
Yes but at least they didn't touch the movies during DP (aside from the lyrical works).
>>
>>26527001
That's not me, anon. :^) But I'm happy to see that you had no real argument and had to resort to "y-you play bad games!"
>>
>>26526864
They are the characters that appear every single episode, if the show were good they would factor in.

>>26526879
The games are good.
>>
>>26527008
When I said "the DP anime" I didn't include the movies. Those were for the most part fine-as-far-as-the-recent-dub-goes.
>>
the games arent shit, but they sure as hell look unfinished.
>>
>>26527027
And I'm not the guy you replied to.
But regardless of who you were, the guy that came into the thread just to post "The entire anime is awful. How about you stop watching that shit if you want to watch something good?" is most definitely "bitching about an obviously for kids anime".
>>
>>26527038
Oh, then sure, but the dub's music handling was always lacking. I just specifically pointed out the movies due to it being treated worse.
>>
>Ash's final gym battle against Roxie

>he gets 6 mons vs. her 3
>half his team gets buttfucked by a goddamn Koffing
>barely scrapes through Scolipede and only beats Garbodor because he lucked out with a static paralysis

Ash didn't even deserve to go to the Unova league
>>
>>26527061
I was that poster. I don't care if people watch the show. I used to watch it regularly until DP ended. But there's watching it and then there's complaining about the show being bad when the entire show is bad.

It's literally doing something that you don't like willingly and then complaining that you don't like doing it when there's nothing forcing you to do so.
>>
>>26527143
Anon.
Bringing up a specific thing largely agreed to be bad and discussing WHY it's bad is a hell of a lot better than going into threads about subjects you don't like just to post "it's bad" and nothing else, especially if you're going to get on your high horse about it.
If you haven't even watched BW, why did you even enter a thread specifically said to be about BW's problems?
>>
File: j94piJw.png (88KB, 302x466px) Image search: [Google]
j94piJw.png
88KB, 302x466px
Holz up
>>
>>26527197
This is the board about being a hypocrite, your words have no meaning.
>>
>>26527197

The anime's problems are the same in each series, though. It's only the degree to which it is bad that changes.

OP's problems isn't why BW is bad (he already believes this) but why the director chose to make it bad. As if anyone here could answer that question.
>>
>>26527197
Not the guy you're replying to but he's right. We could discuss why bw is bad, but in the larger picture, it doesnt matter

> but why the director chose to make it bad. As if anyone here could answer that question.
Pretty sure the director didnt decide to make it bad. No director does. But this is the pokemon anime staff we're talking about.
>>
>>26527230
>same problems

Not at all. Let's take BW. The problems is that Ash is a retard, had a shit team and bad rivals but less, better fillers. DP had too much filler but had a competent Ash, great rivals and a good team.
>>
>>26527260
>>same problems

>Not at all. Let's take BW. The problems is that Ash is a retard, had a shit team and bad rivals
So the same?
>>
>>26527260
>Ash is a retard

I will give you that.

>had a shit team

I don't really think of this as a problem because him having a good team or not (by the end) won't stop him from getting to the league but losing in the end anyway. At least it hasn't yet.

>and bad rivals

Paul was one of the better ones, yes, but the bad rivals were left for Dawn instead.

>but less, better fillers

I didn't think DP was too filler-y even during that year between the 7th and 8th Gym Leaders.
>>
>>26527283
>can't actually counter it
>hurr everything is bad
>>
>>26527283
So why ARE you in this thread when you haven't even seen the series it's about?
>>
>>26527314
It is bad. Accept it.

>>26527328
Said series constantly cucks a franchise i like.
>>
>>26527355
And you think shitposting "hurr it's bad" over and over in a thread about it is going to change anyone's opinion about it?
>>
File: 1461112217340.png (385KB, 1024x761px) Image search: [Google]
1461112217340.png
385KB, 1024x761px
>>26524976

Listen to this anon, he knows his shit.
>>
>>26527328
Haven't you noticed? One or more guys seem to have developed a vendetta against the Pokémon anime and will go into every anime related thread wherever they might pop up just to make sure it's not gushed over too much.
>>
>>26527355
>like

DO you like this series? Does ANYONE here like the series? You're either playing the game in a way it was never designed to be played, or your complaints would sum up to actually despising that as well.
>>
>>26527371
I hope discussion about it, and debunking the mental gimnastics people pull to defend it may make people realize why they're wrong. Ideallistic, i know but so is discussing anything on 4 chan.
>>
>>26526325
Oh, hell no. BW was a terrible attempt at doing a reboot. You have the Brock and Misty rip-offs in Cilan and Iris, respectively. The region far away from the others, with +150 new Pokémon just like Kanto. Team Rocket trying to be more """"badass"""", and Ash was reset to the dumb 10 years old fuck he was when he started.

If there's one thing that pisses me the most about BW is the way they handled the "age" shit. There's no logical way to justify why Ash didn't age a single year after traveling that much. They hadn't mentioned his age since the first fucking episode; there was no need to do it.

I firmly believe that Ash was meant to be replaced by another 10yo kid, but they couldn't find a way to put Pikachu in the story since there are no Kanto Pokémon in BW and it would have taken them some more brains to justify it, so they chickened out and just stuck Ash on us.

Everything would've made more sense if Ash had been replaced; it was the perfect moment.
>>
>>26527405
>>like

>DO you like this series?
Yes, its why i hate this show.

>Does ANYONE here like the series?
Well, it's the pokemon board isnt it?

>You're either playing the game in a way it was never designed to be played
How do you infer my way of.playing the game?
>>
>>26522458
The worst thing is that even though past series had left Ash's age ambiguous, since they wanted to kind of reboot everything they just made him 10 again the fucking idiots.
>>
>>26527439
I was talking about people here in general, and "pokemon" is only the flavor of shitposting. There are few instances of people actually saying they like anything, and most of them amount to furries, which this site doesn't like, so it must be hated on anyway.
>>
>>26527404
I've noticed, but this isn't the usual guy.
>>
>>26527492
Well, i happen to like the pokemon franchise.
>>
>>26527621
Might I ask why?
>>
>>26527722
I'm on my phone.

Why does it matter anyways?
>>
>>26527755
Point taken, but if you hate the anime's plot, then you hate it for the games as well. You don't even really need the game for battling, but I still say you're playing the game wrong in that case since the game was never designed for competitive.
>>
>>26525410

Assawott was a show stealing shitstain who got way too many episodes deidcated to it.
>>
>>26524367

I was saying that since BEFORE THE EARTHQUAKE.

When in the games, Team Plasma an N first appeared in Accumula Town, but in the show, the only episode to take place in Accumula Town was focused entirely around the idea of Pokémon Abuse, yet had NOTHING to do with Team Plasma or N, I knew we were fucked, and that Rocket Vs Plasma was going to be a one off event,but no one wanted to listen to me, and I cant blame them, no one wants to be disappointed.

The fact that they were able to continue airing episodes after they pulled Rocket Vs Plasma and that Jessie and James went back to white uniforms immediately after the special confirmed it.
>>
>>26527827
The game and anime plot are wildly different. Not to mention the mcs arent even the same.
>>
>>26527963
Yes, but they're just as shallow as each other.
>>
>>26527990
Because they're player avatars. Ash is a narrated mc and isnt much better.
>>
>>26528009
I meant the plots too.
>>
>>26528036
Merely being shallow is not a bad thing as of itself, that's not the issue.
>>
>>26528047
The core is the same. Fight the gyms, go after the league. Everything else is meaningless.
>>
>>26522458

Not only that, but the filler was painful.
I was so bored watching it back to back, the only semi decent one was with the Litwick Manor. Also...

>BW was the only saga to now show a single 6 on 6 battle
>>
>>26525572

>BW Pikachu loses to a tired regular Lucario
>XY Pikachu obliterates a Mega Lucario
>>
>>26525820

PAUL VS SANDSHREW TRAINER WHEN??
>>
Actually... BW never happened. It was just a dream had the night he lost to Tobias. In that dream, he goes through several levels of growth in order to come to terms with how horribly he was raped. Ash travels to Kalos right after Sinnoh.

We don't really know what Unova is really like because Ash never physically went there.
>>
>>26528077
If you discard everything, yeah. You could also say that both are literally the same thing since they have pokemon.

At least you brought a non-stock "argument" to defend the anime. You're still a retard but props.
>>
>>26528575
I don't understand why you like the games, then.
>>
>>26528609
Because the plot is not the only thinf about the games?

Because the game plot, while shallow, actually matters?

Do you even play thw games?
>>
>>26528629
What else about the games do you like, then?
>>
>>26528679
Designs, gameplay, lore.

Not that it really matters since your point doesnt hold on plot alone.
>>
>>26528700
The gameplay and lore contradict each other. The lore may even contradict itself.
>>
>>26528726
>>26528726
So?
>>
>>26528735
You're just arguing me, aren't you. Now you're not making internal sense yourself. If you don't care about nonsense, then the anime should be no problem for you.
>>
>>26528772
>You're just arguing me, aren't you. Now you're not making internal sense yourself. Nigga, i'm not the one moving the goalposts. Be glad.i'm along.

>If you don't care about nonsense, then the anime should be no problem for you.
I care about not losing braincells.
I can deal with mew not learning crabhammer, i'm not autistic. I cant deal with a character being a constant retard for 20 years.
>>
>>26528811
I rest my case.
>>
>>26528840
Not that you had a case in the first place but ok.
>>
>>26522291
I liked how they cut filler, Ash got badges faster, and he caught more Pokemon.
>>
>>26529449
All the filler was tacked back on at the end of the saga though.
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.