[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best battle ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

This is the best battle ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYiqZyf4tk

Post your favorites battles.
>>
>>26519452
All Kanto League battles are funny.

I like hot this guy got butthurt because of Ash and sent 3 pokémon at same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDiDj-ollY
>>
>>26519452
This is probably my favorite Pokemon battle since Infernape VS Electivire
>>
>>26519554
Forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfP-LVujbqI
>>
File: FUcking Paheal-1.jpg (83KB, 191x525px) Image search: [Google]
FUcking Paheal-1.jpg
83KB, 191x525px
>>26519452
Jeanette is the best waifu ever.

>tfw no good lewds
>>
God, I miss that style.

why now the battles are explosions, explosions and edgy poses?
>>
>>26519606
Because that is more entertaining. Watching Bellsprout dance while bitch slapping Pokemon is funny but when I want to see a Pokemon battle I want to see a fucking Pokemon battle.
>>
File: image.png (135KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
135KB, 635x457px
>>26519452
>Pokemon battles in the anime will never be this fun again
>they'll never have the same goofy personality
>it's all going to be generic shonenshit from here on out
>>
>>26519452
This battle is so dumb but I fucking love it.
This is how you write fodder characters.
>>
>>26519624
nah, is because the audience is edgy too now.

I mean 13 years old wants explosions and things like that.
>>
>>26519638
That's how it is in the games. You don't see Bellsprouts dancing and slapping shits in the games.

If battles were all just jokes and shit like this, the anime would be even more of a joke than it already is.
>>
>>26519452
If every league was like this... watching it again is pure bliss.
>>
>>26519742
A Bellsprout could easily fuck up a Bulbasaur and Pikachu in gen I if you're going by game mechanics.
>>
>>26519742
>taking seriously an anime
man, It's a fucking tv show.
>>
>>26519742
>You don't see Bellsprouts dancing and slapping shits in the games.
That's why the first season is so good.
>>
>>26519742
So, do you want the battles to be static pokemons waiting for their turns? Because that is how the battles goes in the games.

I like when the pokemon shows their personalities during battle, battles like Totodile just having fun and screwing around, instead of the pokemon just being a robot waiting for commands.
>>
>>26519795
I miss totodile, he was too cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYPzfJhEoQ0
>>
>>26519795
>I like when the pokemon shows their personalities during battle
But they still do that.

Actually, correcting myself
>Still

They've always done that. Just look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCtiZl1W7j8

Ash's entire 6th gen team show a ton of personality even when they aren't battling. Hawlucha is downright hilarious to watch.
>>
File: 367.gif (301KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
367.gif
301KB, 319x240px
>>26519795
>>
File: 1422546320960.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1422546320960.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>26519452

Bellsprout line is god tier in the anime until it fully evolves.
>>
File: 366.gif (414KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
366.gif
414KB, 320x240px
>>26519795
>>
>>26519914
I didn't mean as in they don't do that anymore, some of them still do. I didn't watch much of the XY, but I saw that Tierno Squirtle dance during battle, which is kinda cool.

I watched the part involving Hawlucha, but I didn't get much of its personality through it. It actually was much more like I was saying, a robot waiting for commands.
>>
>>26519886
>first thing Chikorita does is go rub its face on Ash's leg
>Ash calls on Bayleef once after and that's it
>>
>>26519452

>Belsprout
>Bulbasaur
>In league matches

Kek, forgot about that. Matter of fact, completely forgot belsprout existed.
>>
>>26519452
>"Unless she ran out of pokemon and only has puny litlte bellsprout"

Fuck you ash, you use a fuckload of stage 1 pokes.
>>
>>26519886
>All those battles
I forgot how good the intro battles were in the movies.

They should change the protagonist every season, so that all those pokemons wouldn't be abandoned all the time. And it would explain why Pikachu still doesn't one-shot everything.
>>
>>26519794
It's not though, you have nostalgia goggles on.
>Reused animations everywhere, more so than any other season
>Filler
>TR try to steal Pokemon of the day nearly every single episode
>Ash doesn't win most of his badges in Kanto, they're given to him
>Johto being 95% filler and as bad as Unova
>>
>>26519742
Except if you've seen the original scene, and not this edit. The music in the clip above makes it seem a lot more of a joke that it actually is. In the unedited scene, the anime takes advantage of the fact that Bellsprout has an extremely slender body and uses it to create something you would never see in the games. It is lighthearted, but it is a lot of fun to watch and shows how something as seemingly nonthreatening as Bellsprout can pose a challenge.

Bellsprout loses when Ash sends in Muk to smother it. As slender as it is, it wiggle its way out of a mass blob.

Not every battle has to be like this, but if they've done away with these kinds of fights entirely that's quite unfortunate.
>>
>>26520312
Filler wasn't really a problem until after Koga, but after that it became pretty heavy. I would argue that TR still pulling the same shit to this day is far worse, even if slightly less frequently.
>Ash doesn't win most of his badges in Kanto, they're given to him
I don't see why that has to be bad. It's never specified that the trainer has to win the battle in the anime, just be deemed worthy. It wasn't like he fought like shit eihter. He did win against Brock, Surge, Koga, Blaine and TR. He made Sabrina incapable of battling and had the upper hand against Misty. Erika's battle was more even.
>Johto being 95% filler and as bad as Unova
First part completely true. But it is above Unova because it actually managed to end on a good note, with possibly the best league the anime has ever seen.
>>
>>26520482
Wasn't Erika's battle one of the two badges he actually earned?
>>
>>26520482
Johto might be sub par in some eyes but its lightyears better than Unova
>>
>>26519452
It's rare to find a good video of a battle without shitty music over it.
Here's my fav contest battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymo-vWXJGOo
>>
>>26519452
gay music ruined it
>>
>>26519452
>be ash
>huh a bellsprout what a shitmon
>bulbasaur use tackle
>>
>>26519742
>not knowing Bellsprout packing stun spore and wrap in gen 1 was a potential nightmare in early RBY
>>
>>26520870
Nope, he got that badge from saving the gym due to Team Rocket causing a fire

The only badges Ash earned in Kanto through battle alone were against Lt Surge, Blaine and Koga
>>
File: 1464387235071.gif (2MB, 317x229px) Image search: [Google]
1464387235071.gif
2MB, 317x229px
>>26519665
>>26519606

>Edgy
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.