[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope Sun/Moon becomes the most story-focused pokemon game to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: wish.png (306KB, 526x345px) Image search: [Google]
wish.png
306KB, 526x345px
I hope Sun/Moon becomes the most story-focused pokemon game to date with an immensely engaging plot and endearing characters.
>>
>225 replies and 8 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
File: maymays9.jpg (9KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
maymays9.jpg
9KB, 208x250px
>>26487648
Yes, I too hope SuMo has good Mays, with a good May distribution, and more opportunities to see May after the E4. In addition, All Mays should be re-challengable, and the story should be about May.
>>
File: tumblr_mk4p5fKkEO1s32k5ao1_500.gif (674KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk4p5fKkEO1s32k5ao1_500.gif
674KB, 500x375px
I WISH EVERYONES WISHES IN THIS THREAD DIDNT COME TRUE
>>
>>26487648
>>26487696
>story shit
>waifu cancer
>SuMo
This thread is already off to an amazing start.
>>
File: maymays21.jpg (204KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
maymays21.jpg
204KB, 640x480px
>>26487708
Aww... he's grouchy. He needs some more May to cheer him up.
>>
File: 1461341235479.jpg (89KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461341235479.jpg
89KB, 360x360px
>>26487708
I wish the opposite of your wish and every similar wish to come true. Check em.
>>
>>26487648

I don't understand why people hate story so much. Pokemon is already fucking simple enough, I need a good story to give me a reason to continue since I like to self insert. But yeah, I'm hoping for a good engaging story, too, OP.

>more Pokemon
>more moves
>retcon some useless moms into good mons
>interesting story
>competent rivals
>Maison AI
>>
>>26487674

Huh? I only see 6.
>>
>>26487768
Because it gets in the fucking way of the adventure and battling.
>>
>>26487768
Just the autistic retards that can't sit through a 10 second cutscene without going full adhd. People like this faggot >>26487792 don't realize a good plot can add more meaning to battling and adventuring and make them feel much less hollow.
>>
>>26487835
A good plot does nothing but get in the way what the games are really about. Catching Pokémon, raising them, battling with them, maybe you should provide some examples of how it'd make this shit better instead of being a passive faggot.
>>
>>26487853
>list the core things about pokemon
>dont explain how it gets in the way
>durr spoonfeed me

How about you go play a decent jrpg that isn't pokemon before you try to make your shitty argument.
>>
>>26487946
It gets in the way because it prevents you from doing those things you dense cunt.
Holy shit, do you have brain damage?
>decent JRPG
Like what, some Square Enix garbage?
Give me a break.
>>
>>26487648
reddit nigger spotted
>>
yes to endearing characters
no to story-focus, it ruins the immersion
>>
Honestly guys story focus could work great in pokemon game
It's just that every time they tried to focus on story they did it in worst possible way
>>
>>26487989
This is the only right answer.
A story focus ruins the adventure, it's no longer your adventure at that point.
Endearing characters are great, though.
>>
>>26487970

Just like I said >>26487835
>can't sit through a 10 second cutscene without going full adhd
>>
>>26488011
Not an argument.
Most of the cutscenes are several minutes instead.
You apparently don't want to play video games.
Why not go watch cartoons or something, because that's about the exact level of quality story you'll get from this series.
Pokémon and story just doesn't work.
>>
File: GYAHAHAHAHA.gif (164KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
GYAHAHAHAHA.gif
164KB, 256x192px
If we are talking about enduring characters, a switch on the role of the main villain would be great.

Instead of having someone who is clearly a suspicious cliche bad dude, someone who is close to the main character should be it. A master manipulator who pulls strings and leads the evil team from the shadows all for self gain. The closest we got was Ghetsis in Black/WITH, but a villain who you'd never suspect is always the best.
>>
>>26488018
>Not an argument.
And you think you made any kind of argument? Your explanation is clearly more vague than mine.

>Most of the cutscenes are several minutes instead.
It's not like you're sitting through a movie. And well written scenarios have meaning in every scene.

>Why not go watch cartoons or something, because that's about the exact level of quality story you'll get from this series.
Why not just go play some battle simulators? Why not just go outside if you wanna go on an adventure? Why not just get a pet if you wanna raise something?

>Pokemon and story just doesn't work
But it can. You just lack imagination and patience. As well as any kind of experience with JRPGs with a story that isn't pokemon, clearly.

Also, there's a handy little feature most games have with cutscenes called a skip option, ever heard of it?
>>
The only time the story wasn't shit was in BW, the evil team had an interesting and controversial point of view, and the plot twist at the end was amazing.

Gen 3, 4 and 6 "must awaken legendaries to destroy the entire world" were utterly stupid.
>>
>>26488092
The problem here is that you are under assumption that Pokemon has good writing
>>
>>26488207
When did I ever say pokemon has good writing? I'm saying it SHOULD have good writing.
>>
>>26487648
Pokemon will never have a satisfying story, as sad as I am to say it.
>>
>>26488063
It would have to be done really well though. Like dropping hints during the adventure that are hard to spot the first time and then gives you have "well shit it all makes sense now" moment.
>>
>>26488063
They had an actual evil team member be an Elite 4 member and they did nothing after

>no story pls gf!
Looks like they listened to fans in gen 6. Then again, they don't need a huge story because I have a feeling "mature" fans want fucking edgy dark Pokemon Breaking Bad version to feel intelligent about playing a game for "all ages."

>>26488207
It doesn't have to be Schopenhauer to be engaging. You can tell the developers didn't try hard with XY because they had other stuff to implement, like Amie.
>>
>>26488111
Team Magma had the most plausible endgoal, but yeah. "Destroy the world becuz EVUL" grates pretty fast.
>>
>>26488274
I don't think XY even had a lead writer. If someone told me they just picked a random guy on the team to vomit out a plot halfway through the games development, I'd believe it.
>>
>>26487835
>the autistic retards that can't sit through a 10 second cutscene without going full adhd
So, the same retards that don't want Pokémon intro animations and better fainting animations because they'd make battles a few seconds longer?
>>
>>26488111
>plot twist at the end
I don't think you know what a plot twist is.

Ghetsis coming out as the leader of Team Plasma is not plot twist, everyone who isnt brain damaged saw that shit coming from a mile away
>>
>>26489365
No no, you don't understand. He has trips. He is right.
>>
>>26487648
I hope not. I hope they focus on the pokemon designs, game mechanics and battle interactions. Fuck the story, I could not care less about the story in a Pokémon game.
>>
>>26489737
I also hope they improve region exploring and hide secrets here and there to reward exploration.
>>
File: 9234867.jpg (80KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
9234867.jpg
80KB, 774x1032px
>>26487768
how would you make useless moms more useful?
>>
>>26487970
what if cutscenes were skippable?
>>
>>26488063
they kinda did the opposite of this in gen i with the evil team leader being a gym leader
>>
>>26488063
What if YOU turn out to be the villain, and you mistake the "villainous" team's intentions until right before it's too late?
>>
>>26489771
They provide you with food items at regular intervals, operate some form of home base for you to return to, and provide the fundamental impetus for going on a Pokemon journey.

I'd say, all the pokemoms are pretty based. Except Red's mom. You can walk out and never say a word to her. Bad parenting right there.
>>
>>26489825
You've gotta give Gold's mom some credit, she gives you the pokegear and lets you carry more money. Even if she does spend some of the money on petty things, none of the other games lets you put your money in a "bank" in case if you lose a battle or your wallet maxes out.
>>
>>26489839
That settles it.
By Moms.

Gen 2>4>6>5(no real difference between 5's)=3>>1

4 because I think she gives you the contest outfit. 6 Because you have more than one set of clothes before you leave the house. 3 and 5 because they do the bare minimum, but at least 5 is doing it by herself, 1 because she may as well not exist.
>>
>>26488798
The very same.

But it's a JRPG, so it's unlikely to have a good story. There used to be some great JRPG stories back in the day (eg. Chrono Trigger and some of the very early Final Fantasies), but around 2001 they all went to shit. They're either 3deep5me, 4edgy6me, or just plain nonsensical.

So as much as I want an engaging plot, it's not likely. We'll have:
>good-natured doormat male rival
>kawaii uguu moeblob female rival
>evil team who wants the box legend so they can destroy the world
>Yo, Champ In Making! guy in the gyms
>Technology Is Amazing guy
>character whose only purpose is to introduce new game mechanic and is either a good-natured doormat or a kawaii uguu moeblob, depending on gender
>>
>>26488798
I can see why they wouldn't want it to be seconds longer since it would make grinding a bit of a chore. The ability sturdy already does that for me.
>>
>>26489874
>>Yo, Champ In Making! guy in the gyms

>Implying he isn't the best thing to happen to the series.
>>
>>26489874
>>Yo, Champ In Making! guy in the gyms
That guy believes in me more than my own mother.
>>
>>26489865
>>26489917

Correction.

"Yo, Champ in the Making" Guy>2>4>6>5=3>>1
In terms of best moms.
>>
>>26488274
BW's story wasn't engaging at all, though. It's a mind-numbingly generic "chosen one saves the world in accordance with muh prophecy" schlock without any of the great sense of adventure, well-realized world, or compelling character writing which are the only contexts in which that's excusable. XY barely even HAD a story and still managed to slow everything way the hell down with pointless, immersion-breaking dialogue.
>>
>>26487648
>Sun/Moon becomes the most story-focused pokemon game to date with an immensely engaging plot and endearing characters.
Hahahaha. Keep dreaming faggot, We Gamefreak sees Pokemon as just a game for little kids. They will make it incredible easy like the last four games
>>
>>26487853
RICHARDDDDDDD
>>
>>26487696
May's clothes might be a clothing option at least since they could be brought over from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
>>
I want stuff like HGSS had so that everyday during the week, if I wanted to, I could go to a different town and do something. Rebattle trainers, gymleaders, and other npcs. It made the region feel more alive and gave me something to do for 10-15 minutes a day if so Pokemon wasn't shelved for months.
>>
>>26487648
I don't care much.
I just want more than 65 new Pokemon.
>>
>>26487648
>wanting another cringefest like BW and B2W2
>>
>>26491970
Why do you keep trying to force this meme?
>>
Reminder that the protags mom will play a huge role in the story/side quests of the game. Just like your friends did in XY
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.