[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herdier might look like a cartoon dog, but at least it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 053Persian.png (100KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
053Persian.png
100KB, 431x431px
Herdier might look like a cartoon dog, but at least it's drawn with cartoony proportions, and no real life dog has fur shaped like Herdier's. But Persian is literally a cat, and it's not even cartoony. It's just a drawing of a cat with anime eyes. A mountain lion looks exactly like Persian. If you glue a jewel on a mountain lion's forehead, it WILL become Persian. How did they get away with this? And don't even say Pidgey because there's no real bird that looks exactly like it, with the same colors and proportions.
>>
Yeah, I have to agree, it's not the most inspired design in the series. There's something to be said for simplicity, but this is just sort of lacking in creativity.
>>
But I like proper proportions. I like long and slender. I like purposeful design. Over goofy looking.

Not that any of those qualitys imply a design has to be boring. But I feel like you're missing the point here
>>
>>26486985
The first gen was... weird. They hadn't really figured a style out yet, and GameFreak was a really small team.
>>
>>26486985
It has protruding fangs, a jewel in its forehead, and a uniquely shaped tail. Yeah it's simple but it's kind of mythological in a refined way. Also, it was probably literally one of the very first Pokemon conceived of, so fuck off.
>>
>>26486985
I don't mind Persian too much, I just kind of wish it had a better 3D model.
>>
I think my biggest issue with Persian is the name. Every single Pokemon, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE, but Persian has a name that at most SUGGESTS a real word, but does not match the spelling. That's what pisses me off so much about faggots who spell the Pokemon names "Ghastly" or "Onyx." Those are real words, you dumb shits.

But Persian? It's literally the name of a cat breed. There's not even a goddamn pun there, like Purrsian or something. It literally just means cat, and that's all it is.
>>
>>26486985
I love Persian, and its simplicity is part of its charm. It's one of my favorite Pokemon, and I hope it gets a mega sometime down the road.
>>
>>26488339
There's always one contrarian faggot on /vp/.
>>
>>26488339
While i don't agree about the mega, i also like the simplicity of its design.
>>
File: IMG_0233.jpg (50KB, 448x355px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.jpg
50KB, 448x355px
>>26488363
You?
>>
>>26486985
>But Persian is literally a cat, and it's not even cartoony. It's just a drawing of a cat with anime eyes.
Nice self contradiction, retard.
>>
>>26488649
Aahahhahahhahhhaaha!
Nice.
>>
Persian is perfect as he is leave him alone
>>
The stoutland line is very simplistic it's literally just a cartoon Yorkshire terrier. Lillipup is the puppy obviously, herdier is slightly longer haired and more mature, representing how pet quality Yorkshire terriers are kept to look, and stoutland had long hair and a mustache which is how adult competition quality calls for with the breed standardz
>>
>>26488363
>>26488649
already one of my favorite /vp/ moments
>>
File: 1364735084139.jpg (96KB, 988x808px) Image search: [Google]
1364735084139.jpg
96KB, 988x808px
Persian is one of my top to catmon. But with Sun and Moon that may change.
>>
Meowth was always the better looking and more interesting pokemon, always hated evolving it.
>>
>>26487837
Rhydon was the first pokemon. All were made after the one true First.
>>
>>26487837
>OP has a different opinion to me
>f-fuck off!
>>
File: persian.jpg (137KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
persian.jpg
137KB, 400x400px
what bothers me is that a real persian is the opposite of that slender predatory cat

and it's not just a matter of the english localization fucking up, it's original japanese name is persian aswell
>>
>>26486985
>>26490755
>what puberty did to me
>>
I hate genwunners but persian is fucking awesome. easily the best catmon
>>
>>26486985
Persian doesn't look anything like a Persian cat and that's all that matters T B H.
>>
>>26493923
>>26490755
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.