[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouldn't Rock resist both Grass and Water instead of being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: ehhh.png (33KB, 333x199px) Image search: [Google]
ehhh.png
33KB, 333x199px
Shouldn't Rock resist both Grass and Water instead of being weak to them?

I mean, rocks prevents plants from being able to grow properly because they're big solid objects that a plant can't root itself into or move out the way.

Also, rocks virtually water-proof, showing no effect from water exposure for many decades.
>>
>>26485983

Game mechanics and balance take priority over real-world arguments.

And anyway, you're wrong on both. Roots can grow through and crack rocks, and water wears down on rocks over long periods of time.
>>
Both water and the roots from plants cause the erosion of the rocks, so please keep your autism away from /vp/
>>
>he has never heard of erosion
>>
I've been wondering: why is fire weak to water? Doesn't the water just turn into fog when near fire?
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (48KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
48KB, 256x256px
>>26486018
>water can wear rock away over a period of hundreds of years, so rock is weak to water

>water turns metal into rusty, weak shit in a matter of days unless the metal is specially made for submersion

>steel resists water
>>
>>26486018
>and water wears down on rocks over long periods of time.
LONG periods of time. Hundreds of years long.

Haven't you fucking realized shit like the Sphinx and Stonehenge get rained on all the fucking time and are still standing today? Yes, they've been worn down, but they've been exposed to the weather for THOUSANDS of years to get to that point. It's ridiculous to consider such a long and slow process to be a weakness of the material.

You know what gets worn down by water in a much shorter period of time but is neutral to Water attacks? Fucking steel.
>>
File: 1456366390592.jpg (33KB, 782x788px) Image search: [Google]
1456366390592.jpg
33KB, 782x788px
>>26486088
>>steel resists water
>>
>>26486099
>sphinx
>rain

>rain
>doing damage
>>
>>26486099
Okay, cool. Then refer back to my first point:
>Game mechanics and balance take priority over real-world arguments.
>>
>>26486087
>fog
I think you might mean steam. The general idea is that water can put out fire. Grass has the attack Solar Beam, sunlight evaporates water so I think whatever you're getting to is applied to Grass instead.

>>26486088
>steel resists water
>>
And steel should be weak to electric since metals conduct electricity, hopefully GF rebalances the type chart for gen 7, ice, rock bug and grass are clearly in need of a buff and steel, fairly and water need a nerf(or maby just a scald nerf really)
>>
>>26486018
As a person who gardens in New England, I can tell you rocks are fucking bullshit. If I want a new garden bed I've gotta dig down 1+ feet to get all the fucking rocks out so the plants have room to grown, god forbid there's a fucking boulder down there.

Rocks can also create air pockets around them; any root that reaches that air pocket is gonna dry the fuck up and damage your plant.

I hate rocks.
>>
>>26486088
ignoring that type resistance error...

that's because it's steel and not iron type
>>
>>26485983
Realistically Rock should resist fucking everything except maybe steel. That's not good though.
They chose elements like water and grass because you see the dramatic long term effects of water in rock in things like the grand canyon.
>>
More importantly - most aquatic life is highly sensitive to even slight temperature changes, in the most extreme cases causing death.

and yet water types resist both fire and ice
>>
>>26485983
Shouldn't Grass resist Flying instead of be weak to it? Birds who fly into trees die.
Shouldn't Poison be super effective against Normal, Bug and Fighting?
Shouldn't Ice be super effective on bugs and not on Grass?
>>
File: Hexxus.gif (961KB, 245x221px) Image search: [Google]
Hexxus.gif
961KB, 245x221px
i'm 90% sure Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel cause pic related
>>
>>26486178
I agree that Ice, Rock, Bug and Grass need defensive buffs, and that Grass needs an offensive buff, but Fairy needs a nerf way more than Steel does.
>>
>>26488436
I'm 100% certain fairy is weak to Poison and Steel because Meta.
>>
>>26488758
Fairy needs a defensive nerf, bug needs an offensive buff.

I'm sure they could work something out.
>>
>>26486099
Water damages rock over time.

Magical water monsters damage magical rock monsters with high-powered magical water attacks.

I don't fucking know, dude, it's magic, but it makes more sense than rock resisting water.
>>
>>26486099
Ever heard of hydraulic fracking? Water-type attacks aren't gentle streams or rain: they're mostly high-pressure jets of water.
>>
>>26488797
Reverse the current Fairy resists Bug to Bug resists Fairy.
>>
>>26488845
>Water damages rock over time.
Name a material that doesn't get damaged by water over hundreds or thousands of years of exposure.
>>
>>26488867
Dragon
>>
>>26488867
Water.
>>
>>26488867
Mind magic and fairies.

Also darkness.
>>
>>26488858
>they're mostly high-pressure jets of water.
Ever heard of a waterjet cutter? Cuts right through steel.

Where's that water weakness, steel?
>>
>>26488890
Steel pokemon are magical steel, which is harder than magical rock.

Cheqm8 plebs.
>>
>>26488875
Water mixes with water, so you could say water damages water by changing the properties and chemical composition when they mix.
>>
File: 31825103_p0.jpg (304KB, 987x980px) Image search: [Google]
31825103_p0.jpg
304KB, 987x980px
Why does flying and fighting resist bug if birds and fighters can get parasites?
Why doesn't rock resist bug because rocks are hard?
Why is ground not weak against bug if many bugs are known to dig holes?
Why does ghost resist bug but dark is weak to bug?
What do fairies have against bugs?
>>
>>26488916
the fuck are you talking about?

If you mix water and water, you get water. It's not as though you're deconstructing the individual water molecules when you pour two cups of water together.
>>
>>26489075
You can mix two different types of water together.

For example, you can mix fresh water taken from a spring with salt water taken from a sea. Because the water comes from different sources, it contains different impurities. These impurities change the nature of the water, such as whether it's safe to drink or not. The resulting mixture could be considered to be like neither of the original sources of water, as it would have some properties of a source while having properties that are not found in the same source. So, it could be said that the two original batches of water destroyed each other when they mixed, even if something new was created in the process.
>>
High pressure water blasting can erode a rock
>>
>>26489057
Faeries are clean and bugs are dirty
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (37KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
37KB, 569x428px
Grass is now SE vs Steel with the same logic as it being strong vs Rock.
>>
Steel beats Rocks and Ice because Metal, when played loud enough, shatters those things.
Steel beats faeries because Metal is the proof of man's dominance over the natural world.

Grass cannot beat Metal, because the sound waves shock the leaves off.

Bugs, Fying, and Normal cannot beat the Metal because all living things stop in awe of the great performance before them.

Poison cannot tarnish the Metal, because the Metal is already on more cocaine than you can comprehend.

Dragons cannot scratch the Metal, because Dragons are incapable of concieving of something more badass than they.

Psychic cannot warp the Metal, because the Metal removes your ability to think.

Rock cannot dent the Metal, for Metal is Rock's pupil that outstripped the master.

Ice cannot cool the Metal, because it just makes a really cool stage effect.

Faeries cannot dim the Metal, as the Metal offends its quaint sensibilities.
Ground Beats the Metal because it knocks over the amps, rendering the Metal briefly powerless.

Fire beats the Metal because it is already really hot and sweaty at a Metal concert, any more heat makes people go home.

Fighting breaks the metal, because a violent mosh pit gets the cops involved.

The Metal used to keep out the Ghost and Dark type edgelords with their Bars and age restrictions, but then they grew up and can no longer be kept out by carding.

The Metal type makes perfect sense as is.
>>
>>26488781
If it's for meta, then it needs another weakness. They fucked up Fighting and Dark just to give them a third weakness which they didn't need
>>
>>26489753
True. Fighting didn't need that shit. Dark at least got both a buff and a nerf (more nerf than buff), but Fighting just got reamed for no good reason.

Fairy was only a hotfix to the meta, hence why it is currently the best type. Hopefully they calm it down for next time. Heaven forbid what happens to the meta if they make an actually good Fairy type as it stands now.
>>
>>26485983
Water and plants are among the main causes of erosion.
The only thing that fucks up rocks harder is ice forming inside it, which is why it's RETARDED that Ice is not super effective against rock but what the fuck ever
>>
>>26486088
>water turns metal into rusty, weak shit in a matter of days unless the metal is specially made for submersion
Iron is the only metal that rusts anon. There is not another substance in the world capable of rusting because rust is literally iron oxide.
>>
>>26489507
That logic being...?
>>
>>26489507
Since when did plant growth pose a threat to steel?
>>
As a kid I thought water was SE to rock because rocks SINK, not because they erode. If the pokemon uses surf and submerges the opponent, they won't be able to float or swim out.
>>
>>26489581
>Steel beats faeries because Metal is the proof of man's dominance over the natural world
You took one of the most clear cut and justifiable weaknesses and made a shitty ham handed explanation

Fairies are weak to cold iron in countless myths. Sometimes it's their only weakness.
>>
>>26485983
>showing no effect from water exposure for many decades
That really depends on the size of the rock/where the location is.
>>
File: Walk-way-cleaning.jpg (56KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
Walk-way-cleaning.jpg
56KB, 480x451px
Don't high powered water jets fuck up rocks?
>>
>>26490415
If you hadn't realized it's a joke from the very first line, I don't know what to tell you man.
>>
File: sperg.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
sperg.png
80KB, 211x244px
>pollution such as oil and sewage can destroy the water cycle and badly damage and pollute water and watery environments
>poison isn't super effective against water

fucking why, it'd be a much needed buff for poison too.
>>
>>26485983
Water erodes rock. Ever seen a tree's roots seep between cracks in a rock and expand over time, splitting the rock?
>>
>>26490415
oh, I always assumed fairy's weaknesses were due to childhood fears/literal children problems
>poison represents disease that can attack a child's weaker immune system
>steel represents a child growing up, replacing myth and wonder with machinery and technology
>>
>>26486203
>I want a new garden bed I've gotta dig down 1+ feet to get all the fucking rocks out
Even in real life, you can't escape stealth rocks
>>
>>26491318
That's actually not a bad idea, but it might buff Grass type too much against Water. Not to mention Toxic.

Then again, Grass is meant to be a counter against Water anyway, so.
>>
>>26492759
as far as I'm aware toxic doesnt calculate damage based on whether its super effective, unlike stealth rock, so I dont see how making water weak to poison would affect it
>>
File: 1464186893877.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1464186893877.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>26486088
>only iron rusts
>rust is literally iron oxide
rust is a metallic coating, especially oxides, formed by corrosion
this shit is taught in secondary school
>>26486507
steel can rust as well

fucking hell /vp/ is stupid
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.