[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come this isn't a thing in the games? Non hidden IVs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-05-25-13-17-04.png (238KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-25-13-17-04.png
238KB, 960x540px
How come this isn't a thing in the games?
Non hidden IVs would really come in handy.
>>
That would be dope. I've seen similar features in other monster collecting games.
>>
>>26471391
This would be cool, and maybe have the judge guy give you actual numbers then. Is this a hack? Cool hack.
>>
>>26471420
It's Gaia. Top of the line stuff ROM hack wise. I recommend it to everyone.
>>
>>26471432
That's a really top quality feature. Putting new Pokemon in is one thing but that IV rating thing is really brilliant.
>>
>>26471391
>>26471432

Looks shitty compared to games in the Reborn family.
>>
>>26471391
Is the game finally finished? The version I have only goes up to the 5th Gym
>>
>>26471493
No. The version I have goes up the 6th gym in that town with the hotel, it seems you can't get dive to continue for now.
>>
>>26471391
Game freak didn't thought about, creating it during that time.
>>
>>26471391
IVs are supposed to be a way of making every single Pokemon unique, they were never meant to be a mechanic that was to be abused by competitive players. It was the same story as EVs, which is why it took Game Freak until gen 6 to officially mention them to the players. They've added methods to help streamline IV breeding, but they want to keep this sort of thing a mystery to children playing the game because it goes against the concept that each Pokemon is individual and special in its own way.
>>
>>26471391
>E- when you can use F instead.
>>
I usually just compare my caught mons to showdown stats of the same level.
>>
>>26471787
It's still a bit of a mystery, we don't have the exact numbers, but the rating system is a neat way to more specifically give people who care about them something to go off of without outright listing the numbers. It doesn't matter that it was never their intention for players to care about them, but they do now and Gamefreak is aware of that.
>>
File: ev iv.png (12KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
ev iv.png
12KB, 512x384px
>>26471787
>methods to help streamline IV breeding,

well the cats out of the bag.

might as well give the customer what they want.
It will make the game better and motivate players to play clean instead of using outside software to see the hidden stats.
>>
>>26471432
>>26471446
Not to mention megas are implemented and transformation sequence is surprisingly well executed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmoyq7RZga8
>>
>>26471391
Maybe for competitive, but for vanilla play and good rom hacks it's not necessary. It probably is a good feeling to get that instant feeling of reward when you catch a mon and it has straight A+'s.
>>
>>26471391
Then little kids and casuals would start obsessing over their imperfect pokemon.
>>
>>26471391
What is exactly the best Gen VI romhack out there?
You know, new mons, megas, all the stuf that compuse the current meta.
Preferably finished.
>>
>>26473654
Make it post-game, or as a reward for beating the Battle Whatever then. Anything to make it more transparent is good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.