[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How you you feel if Gen 8 was mobile exclusive? Would you still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 1463000619370.png (29KB, 811x531px) Image search: [Google]
1463000619370.png
29KB, 811x531px
How you you feel if Gen 8 was mobile exclusive?

Would you still play it?

Quality wise it's not lowered at all, honestly looks like it has a bit more effort into it.

Obviously if pirated no online.
>>
>>26471370
ehh I would download it but games are a fucking battery drainer
>>
I'd play it but I'd hope for native controller support so I don't need to root.
>>
>>26471402
Only if you have a shit phone and don't know of how to use it. Disabling background processes, lowering the backlight, and playing in airplane mode helps. I get like 6 hours of DS emulation doing all of the above on my S7 Edge.
>>
Absolutely not. :)
>>
>>26471481
Why's that?
>>
>>26471440
was a phone that costs as much as an middle class pc worth it?
>>
>>26471370
Mobile-only would imply micro-transactions so of course not.
>>
>>26471507
I got two for the price of one with a free Gear VR, free year at of Netflix, and free wireless charger. All that came to under $700. Amazing promotion from T-mobile.
>>
>>26471516
No it wouldn't. They'd be Normal Pokémon games.
>>
>>26471370
-8/bait

would drop the series for sure.
>>
>>26471573
>bait
But Nintendo is making mobile games now.

They're even making an Animal Crossing for mobile.
>>
>mobile only
No, any mainline pokemon game on mobile would mean the franchise finally died
>>
>>26471669
Why is that?
>>
>>26471370
>Would you still play it?
No.

>Quality wise it's not lowered at all, honestly looks like it has a bit more effort into it.
The current quality of Pokémon games is low, that doesn't fill me with confidence.
>>
>>26471551
You know what I got for under 700 as well?
A PC that can play all of the recently released games on at least High with 60 FPS.
I don't see the point on spending 700 USD on a phone.
>>
>>26471370
Mobile pokemon would kill the series.
It would unleash the floodgates for hacks and nobody would play legitimately.
It would quite literally kill the game tbqh
>>
>>26472136
I got two phones for $700 faggot,not one.

And the free shit I listed.

I already have a PCI built as well.
>>
>>26472152
Not really most mobile games are harder to hack than 3DS.
>>
Well, I have a 3DS and no mobile, but I assume gen VIII will be on the next handheld, anyway, not 3DS. I dunno, if it's the exact same I guess I'd have to pick one up.
>>
>>26472249
(most)Phones are cheap anyway, Pokémon Gen 8 would likely run on a $200 midrange like the Moto G.
>>
>>26472136
Phones age way faster than a PC. Consider that too.
>>
>>26472278
Not really, a Galaxy S3 can still play every single android game fine. Mobile games unlike PC games are made with luddites in mind. Only reason you need a super strong phone is high end emulation.
>>
What would the price be, OP?
>>
>>26471402
Even with battery issues, I'd rather have a phone exclusively for playing the game then. Any shit smartphone has better battery than a 3DS.
>>
>>26471516
Shuffle has microtransactions, but it's still fully playable without paying a cent. I'd say that makes the game even better because it pushes the difficulty to the limit to force casuals to pay. I'd love a main series game that demands actual effort to beat.
>>
>>26473431
>but it's still fully playable without paying a cent

Considering how much time is spent waiting for hearts to regenerate so you can do anything at all, I would argue that point. Then you have to grind Meowth for events and certain Pokémon unless you bash your head against it until you get lucky because they're balanced around using items.
>>
>>26473325
$39.99
>>
>>26473431
>a game that forces payments is good
No.
>>
>>26473480
Some of them are balanced around using items, some are balanced around assuming you have the best possible team.

Either way, it is possible to play without grinding. I myself stopped repeating meoth stage months ago, since safaris and the daily reward are enough to pay the special stages that demand items.

>>26473745
No, that was not what I said and you are also implying payments are forced, which is not true. Shuffle is well balanced in this regard. Up to this point there was no paid only event and even if you are willing to waste a lot of money, event items and pokémon can't be purchased this way.

I am not also saying that it should follow the same model, just that it is posible to make it paid without hindering players from making progress.

A one time pay and get it full is fine too, it's just that I don't think they'd lose the chance to put microtransactions. I find that acceptable in order to get it on mobile (assuming it is still good, like OP said)
>>
>>26472186
>I got two phones for $700 faggot

Why would you need more than one phone?
>>
>>26476761
I gave the other as a gift to my mom
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.