[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to give me a reason there shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

File: let there be light.png (96KB, 518x444px) Image search: [Google]
let there be light.png
96KB, 518x444px
You have 10 seconds to give me a reason there shouldn't be a Light-type

Pro-tippity-tip-top-tip: You fucking can't
>>
>>26466925
Fairy type is your Light type.
>>
>>26466935

ebin
>>
>>26466935
Magic isn't light
>>
MAKE YOUR STUPID HEADCANNON TYPES WEAK TO BUG YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS
>>
>>26466942
Bugs don't hurt light
>>
>Pro-tippity-tip-top-tip

I imagine you, upper teeth dug firmly in your leathery bottom lip, seething with anger, but attempting to type a response that does not show it.

And you type that, thinking it won't.
>>
>>26466960
Your weirdly worded and pretty presumptive response is irrelevant to light
>>
>>26466948

I DON'T FUCKING CARE JUST DO IT
>>
Because there is no shadow type. Also

>ice
>not weak to light
>>
File: goofiest goober.png (1MB, 1209x1060px) Image search: [Google]
goofiest goober.png
1MB, 1209x1060px
why the fuck would psychic be immune to light? what reason is there for this?

>"brains are protected by skulls so the light doesn't hit them- therefore psychic is immune"

furthermore why is it SE vs. Steel? what
>>
Because Dark isn't darkness
>>
File: SEINDFIELD.jpg (38KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
SEINDFIELD.jpg
38KB, 240x260px
>>26466980
I guess it's because ice refracts light? That's why Water resists it as well, I'd theorize
>>
>>26466982
Because psychics are extrasensory and lasers cut steel

>>26466975
Make a sound type for it or something

>>26466980
>>26466983
In Japanese it's Holy-type
>>
>>26466982
Steel should resist it.

>new ability "polished chrome"
>all light attacks against this pokemon deal 100% recoil damage to the user
>>
File: hhh.jpg (61KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
hhh.jpg
61KB, 599x600px
>>26466996
so if I shoot a psychic with a laser beam, they'll be perfectly fine? pick an aspect, gosh dangit
>>
File: 20151123_182454.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20151123_182454.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
Spoiler Alert : Fairy is Light Type

They are the embodiment of everything that is "Light"

Just because there is a Dark Type does not mean there is a need for a type actually named "Light"

I'm pretty sure the people who made the decision to add Fairy Type knew it would be cheesy af
>>
>>26467012
Do you want a buffed psychic or not. It's a reasonable fix to a weak type. It's holy/light. Light can be focused into lasers but that's like how water could be shaped into a blade able to cut down a tree.

>>26467009
Steel is metal, not mirrors. Ability is OP but works on an acceptable concept.

>>26467024
See >>26466935
>>
File: YEEEEEEEEEEEfast.gif (14KB, 128x126px) Image search: [Google]
YEEEEEEEEEEEfast.gif
14KB, 128x126px
>>26467031
>focused steel-cutting laser makes light SE against steel
>focused tree-cutting water doesn't make water SE vs. grass

you're on to something but get me a better analogy

also no, fuck buffing psychic, they can have something maybe after bug and ice get buffed, and maybe even poison gets buffed again
>>
Not until after Booger-Type.
>>
>>26467075
Fairy resists Bug for no reason. It's better than Gamefreak
>>
>>26467024
Fairy type is Moe Idol type just as much as Dark is Edgelord type, so I can believe it.
>>
>>26467031
>Steel is metal, not mirrors.
Mirrors are nothing more than glass with a film of metal on the back.
>>
>>26466925

first explain why Steel is weak to light

and that Light is weak to dark and grass

and that grass, ice, and water resist it.

if you can give me a logical explanation to thoses, then I'll let light type ppass.
>>
>>26467239
>and that Light is weak to dark and grass
Not him, but Grass absorbs light and Dark and Light counter each other.
>>
>>26467031
>It's holy/light. Light can be focused into lasers but that's like how water could be shaped into a blade able to cut down a tree.
It's either holy or it's light, don't fucking mix and match themes you fucker
Either stick with the holy theme and give it proper strengths and weaknesses, or stick with your laser stuff and polish that
>>
>>26467250

That would explain why Grass resists (or would even be immune to) light. Now explain why light is weak to grass.
>>
>>26466925
>4X effective vs Bisharp, Sableye, and Aegislash
EXPLAIN THIS BULLSHIT
>>
>>26467266
...because it "eats" light.
>>
>>26467239
Lasers cut steel. It's more of a steel debuff because it's still too OP, and the only one that follows a logic.

Light and Dark counter each other, and could be Holy/White and Evil in japanese to avoid muh japanese name. Plants absorb light.

Plants absorb light again. Ice and Water refract light.

Psychics are extrasensory and don't have to see. Third eye type of thing.

>>26467227
Yeah and Plants don't literally suck up every drop of water that ever hits them. Thanks for the science lesson.

>>26467262
Holy and physical light are both Light. Holy is just the mystical aspect of light. It's like how there are mystical fire and water type moves but you still have fire, or like half of the other types.

>>26467272
That's just how the types match up.
>>
>>26467280
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (310KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
310KB, 500x1000px
>>26467280
SO WHY WOULD THE LIGHT GUY NOT JUST LASER BEAM THE PSYCHIC GUY THROUGH THE FUCKING HEAD
>>
>>26467280
Why isn't Light supereffective against everything since you're going the Laser route?
Rock, fighting, flying, normal, and psychic all can be cut by lasers
>>
>>26467298
>>26467317
Most light is not lasers. You're thinking too literally about this. It's like saying "why would the steel guy not just make a sword/axe/pickaxe/anyothersteeltool and slice his opponents in half? Why wouldn't he just make a bullet and shoot it in the head? Steel is a bullshit type, it doesn't make sense." The types have to follow some logic but also have to be balanced. This follows logic but is also balanced.

Steel can have sword themed moves, but all steel is not swords.
>>
>nerfing dark more

eat shit
>>
>>26467328
So gameplay/balance wise, why make it strong against steel?
>>
>>26467317
>>26467280

Was going to bring this up a while ago

By the Laser Theory, Light should be SE against

>Dark
>Ghost
>Water
>Rock
>Steel
>Grass
>Bug
>Normal
>Poison
>Fairy
>Flying
>Dragon
>Psychic
>Fighting
>Ground

>>26467328
Have you ever tried slicing water with a sword, stabbing lighting, or shooting a tree? It doesn't do too much.
>>
>>26467328
>you're thinking too literally about this

No, you're being wildly inconsistent with what your type actually is
>>
>buffing water more
>>
>>26467341
Whoops, sorry- Ice also.
>>
>>26467341
No but I could use an axe to cut down a tree, a lightning rod to attract lightning, and a dam to stop water. His point was that steel isn't things made of steel but rather ideas. We could have a sword pokemon be steel, but not have all steels be swords.
>>
File: BrightLight_wikia_com.jpg (8KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
BrightLight_wikia_com.jpg
8KB, 300x239px
>>26467337
Because Steel resists almost all the types and with Fairy is now also decent offence. It's probably the best type.

>>26467341
>>26467342
>Hey anyone ever noticed water is collected by steel buckets, electricity is ineffective against steel and you can cut trees down with steel axes? Steel is bullshit
>Hey uh, did you notice that if a giant firestorm ravaged earth it would kill everything? Fire should probably be SE to every type.

It's Light. Light can be made into lasers, and mystical light is holiness. It's super against Steel because when looking at steel, you can say "what is steel IRL hurt by?" and you'll come up with "being melted, earthquakes and karate I guess, and the common practice of laser-cut steel. Lasers are light, therefore light is SE against Steel." Ground is weak to Ice because of a super specific process of water freezing underground in the winter and making cracks. It's not like there aren't super specific reasons for type relationships or super broad reasons for type relationships. Stop being autistic.
>>
>>26467399
so then everything that can be cut by lasers should be weak to light?
>>
You should make it sf to normal and dragons, because if they look at the sun it would hurt their eyes. and sf against fighting because you can't punch light
>>
>>26467024
>>26466935
There are no Fairy types that fit the Light type in the classic RPG sense. The closest would be Xerneas for the glowing rainbow antlers.
>>
>>26467280
>Psychics are extrasensory and don't have to see. Third eye type of thing.
That might make more sense for Dark if anything. There's no real good reason I can think of that Psychic should be immune to Light or even resist it.
Also for water, I'd personally have it so it's weak to light as water will evaporate in sunlight. I know that kind of goes against Ice resisting, but I feel that Water needs another weakness.
>>
>>26466948
neither does grass
>>
Fairy is light as evil is dark
>>
>>26467399
>Hey anyone ever noticed water is collected by steel buckets, electricity is ineffective against steel and you can cut trees down with steel axes? Steel is bullshit
>Hey uh, did you notice that if a giant firestorm ravaged earth it would kill everything? Fire should probably be SE to every type.
First of all, pokemon are pretty much animals, they can't make tools. They can't shape change different tools either, so your steel buckets shit argument is out.
Why should electricity not work against steel? It's a conductor, that's why water is weak to elecricity as well.
And about your shitty firestorm argument, there are multiple types that could resist it. Rock, ground, water, flying and fire.
Lasers would be super effective against every type listed by >>26467341
And you still haven't given a proper fucking argument to why it psychics resist light
Don't give the fucking "most light aren't lasers" you're including lasers in your fucking type, explain why it won't work on them
>>
>>26467525
PHOTOSYNTHESIS
>>
>>26467579
>Implying animals don't make steel tools but do make lasers
>Implying steel types can't use steel
>Implying rocks doesn't melt under intense heat
>Implying a reasonably sized laser would kill a mountain
>Implying ground doesn't melt/glass under intense heat
>Implying a standard laser would kill the earth
>Implying water doesn't evaporate under intense heat
>Implying a standard laser would kill the sea
>Implying birds don't die to fire
>Implying lasers could kill the air if your interpretation of flying-type is the air-type
>Implying light types wouldn't be resistant to lasers as fire types would be resistant to the fire

Great non-arguments sperglord. For the stuff with the existing types, complain to John Gamefreak. My point with the firestorm is, if the types were used in real life and applied to their greatest extreme, they would probably be able to overcome any other types, yeah. But the types aren't literal things, they are a concept which produces literal things and determines how the literal things react. It's like saying "Oh, why does Flamethrower not OHKO everything in the game? I lit some dogs and bird on fire with a flamethrower once, what a bullshit game." I'll give you the "most light isn't lasers" argument because I'm not proposing to you a fucking laser type. I'm proposing to you a light type, which can manifest in lasers, which are of course on the same hand a minute aspect of it. You can throw some light snow at a ground-type pokemon and it will still be super effective, even though you are not literally lowering the temperature so much that ice starts to freeze underground and making cracks and shit. Grass is still super effective against water even if it isn't literally absorbing a water-type pokemon through its roots. What shitty fucking reasoning.

>>26467489
Dark is evil and underhanded stuff. Psychics have mind stuff. Third eyes are the later.

>>26467561
Fairy is magic. Magic is neither holiness or physical light.
>>
Jesus there's alotta responses to someone's autistic need for there to be a light type to mirror the fact we have a dark type
>>
>>26466925
We already have Fairy, Electric and Psychic.
What we really need is the Sound type.
>>
>>26468000
Your just as autistic as the light type an cosmic type wanters, you realize that right?
>>
>>26466925
Grass should be inmune to light type and Light type should be inmune to Dark.
>>
>>26468016
Light and sound are highly reasonable, so if that's autistic then sure, whatever you want. I'd say '>m-muh status quo, no ch-changes!' is more autistic, but whatever.
>>
>>26466925
>You have 10 seconds to give me a reason there shouldn't be a Light-type
you're a faggot, here's your reason, now fuck off with your meme type
>>
>>26468080
Memes aren't light
>>
>>26468078
Light is covered in spirit my multiple other types, and sound has been essentially relegated to special normal moves.

>implying saying your shitty head cannon type is shit means I want no changes

Nah man, it's just calling out you for bandwagoning a shitty meme typing
>>
What type of pokemon would be light type retards?
>>
>>26468125
No type is light. There are no Light-based electric or fire moves. Fairy-type is involved with moonlight, but only because moonlight is considered magical, that's the full extent of it and it's a misunderstanding of Fairy-type to say otherwise. There are 2 psychic-type moves that use light, one of which is Latios' signature move and the other one isn't actually Light. You and I both know that there is no strong representation of light or goodness in the pokemon typings.

>>26468138
Luxray family, Volbeat, Illumise for starters off the top of my head. Maybe if you wanted sound type, which I'm not necessarily advocating, Volbeat could be Bug/Sound and Illumise could be Bug/Light. And of course a fair amount of the new pokemon of the new region. Haven't really thought about a list but really, the fewer the better I think.
>>
>>26466925
My take on a new type:

Light attacking:
deals 2x on:
Dark, Ghost
resisted by:
Water, Grass, Light, Psychic

Light defending:
takes 2x from:
Dark, Steel
takes 1/2x from:
Electric, Light, Ghost, Fire, Fighting

It would be a more defensive typing, having attacks more focused on blinding(reducing accuracy/flinching), and it would have a Laser beam attack(60bp move that is not resisted/super effective).

Light pokemons main stat would be special defense and speed, while having low HP and Atk as a low point.

I know that there are lot of holes in Light type, with stuff like Solar Beam not being a light attack, and that a lot of fire/electric pokemons took the role of light.

>>26468138
I would give Light typing to Ampharos, Lanturn(remove electric), Sunflora, Mew, turn Espeon from Psychic to Light, and Chandelure(remove fire). Probably more, but can't think of anyone right now.
>>
>>26468175
>Implying fighting doesn't have a blatant heroism
>Implying psychic aren't associated with the sun an other celestial bodies
>Implying Bug being super effective to Dark isn't a reference to Kamen Rider (seriously japan has alotta bug themed superheroes, it's odd)
>Implying fairy isn't holy magic

Oh wait, you want moves based on things being hurt by the light (probably from you thinking dark = literal darkness maymay). Therefore retroactively killed by sunlight.
>>
>>26468292
>Implying hero/knight good is the same as holy/priest good
>Implying the cosmic aspects of psychic are specifically related to the sun and isn't just related to the overall concept of celestial bodies
>Implying the cosmos and sun are light
>Implying Fae are holy
>Implying fae are light

I'm basically proposing White Magic but with lasers, to use a very rough analogy. Fighting is heroism and martial arts. If you had a Fighting/Light type it would be like a Templar or Paladin.

Psychic just isn't light, I'm sorry man. It's ESP and mind stuff. Some of the ESP and mind stuff through history has been related in some way to celestial bodies and indeed to the sun since it is a celestial body, but drawing power from something is not the same as being something.

Fairy is not holy magic. Fairies are neutral and just mischievous. That is the character of the Fae, which is the basis of the Fairy type. They are nature sprites that are characteristically neither good or evil aligned. Fairy's relation to light again comes from the fact they draw from moonlight, but they do that because moonlight is magical. They're about magic.

bugs r cool

Light is almost a completely unexplored type in pokemon, and I think it would be logical if they were to introduce a new one.
>>
Light would be even more retarded than fairy
>>
>>26468479
Why?
>>
>>26468292
Not him, but I was thinking more of Light being Holy, while Fairy is simply magic. And as a Holy element, it should be effective against underhanded methods(dark).
>>
>>26466925
Because we need Sound type first
>>
>>26466925
We don't need more types.

In fact, Dragon, Fairy, and Bug can go away and I would not care.
>>
>>26466980
>Because there is no shadow type
Not only is this quite literally false courtesy of Orre, but even in the main games, Ghost serves this purpose.

Ghost gives us Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Punch, and so forth. Ghost provides the equivalent of a 'darkness' element. There is no equivalent for light.

>fairy is light/holy magic
fairies are literally the opposite of holy magic you illiterate retards, fairies are about being otherworldly (e.g. clefairy) and/or being assholes (e.g. klefki, mr. mime)
>>
>>26466925

>not wind type
>>
>>26466925
If it isn't weak to Normal, I don't want it.
>>
>>26470183

That would belong the re-introduced ??? type

Though the only pokemon that would have the type would be Imakuni
>>
I do not understand most of these type line ups. Also if Fairy was added to balance the scales, this is going backwards.
>>
>>26466925

I don't know?
>>
>>26466925
Holy shit doesn't have a place in blood sports.
>>
>>26470694
Okay, but we're talking about pokemon
>>
>>26468938
7 types should be the rule, like in any traditional RPG: Fire, Water/Ice, Electric, Force/Wind, Ground, Dark and Light. Normal type should be dropped and become just non-typed.
>>
>>26466925
Why all the hate for dark types? They weren't great for a long time, but they've been needlessly nerfed enough.
>>
>>26466925
Because we'll need a dark type as well. Because in Japan dark type is evil type.
>>
>>26471442
Good news, because in Japanese light type is holy type
>>
File: 600-ice-crystal-reflection.jpg (39KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
600-ice-crystal-reflection.jpg
39KB, 600x312px
>>26466980
>ice
>not weak to light

I'd go as far as saying ice should be outright immune to light. It deserves it.
>>
File: porygon.gif (47KB, 47x53px) Image search: [Google]
porygon.gif
47KB, 47x53px
This thread made me realize something in a classic RPG sense.
Dark is Black Mage
Light is White Mage
Fairy is Red Mage
>>
>>26466925
Light type is thematically stupid in a game where Fire and Electricity, two inherently light-producing elements, already exist. As for the "Holy" angle, Fairy can cover that just fine.
>>
>>26472697
Except that Fairy has nothing to do with holy. Fairy is something like "playful entities", it has nothing to do with westerns small critters that lives in forests.
>>
>>26472800
Are "Fairy" and "Holy" type different enough to both exist in Pokemon?
>>
>>26472697
I won't bother asking you for a list of light-based fire or electric type moves because we both know there are none. Electricity is not light and fire is not light. Ice is literally water and rocks are from the ground.

Fairy is fae and magic, they are neutral nature sprites.

>>26472907
Yes
>>
>>26472907
Yes, the same way as it is different enough for Water/Ice, Psychic/Ghost, Ground/Rock.
>>
>>26466925
Already covered by Steel and Fairy, friendo.
>Mirror Shot
>Flash Cannon
>Doom Desire
>Dazzling Gleam
>Moonlight
>Moonblast
>Light of Ruin
>>
>buffing water
>>
>>26473097
Thanks, but steel and fairies are not light
>>
Im glad no one in this thread is a GF dev or anything.
Especially people actually trying to shill Light types.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.