[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Pokemon relate to your geographical location? Are any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Unova_B2W2_Art.png (877KB, 769x498px) Image search: [Google]
Unova_B2W2_Art.png
877KB, 769x498px
How does Pokemon relate to your geographical location? Are any Pokemon based on legends, native species, etc.? Any in-game locations based around your home?

A good amount of Unova is based on the two counties in New Jersey I'm located within.
>>
I'd like to think there'd be some Totodile and Feraligatr in South Carolina's Pokémon equivalent.
They're my favorites after all.
>>
Mew was found in south america
In a jungle to be more specific
The amazon is south america's most famous jungle
60% of the amazon is brazilian territory
Therefore mew is 60% likely to be from brazilian territory
>>
Got a whole region based on where I live (NYC). That's kind of nice. They did a nice job recreating the atmosphere of different parts of the city and surrounding area. Like, specific real-world neighborhoods are identifiable in the game.
>>
>>26464925
Yeah. And a lot of the game is also based on real-world locations in Hudson and Bergen county. It's comfy.
>>
I live in Nuvema Town/Accumula Town. It's not terribly accurate. The anime did a better job.

In general, it was a bad idea to make the starting point of the region so narrow and bland when the landmass it's based on is much wider and more varied in landscape.
>>
>>26464785
Fuck yeah, Carolinians represent!
>>
File: Mew_all_around_the_Globe.jpg (89KB, 507x682px) Image search: [Google]
Mew_all_around_the_Globe.jpg
89KB, 507x682px
>>26464833
A Mew was discover in Guyana, South America.

A Mew have been seen all over the Globe
>>
>>26464992

I'm in that area too. I will say, they did a great job with Nacrene City. They got a lot of the details of DUMBO down pretty well.
>>
>>26464763

Just The 5 Creepiest Urban Legends in - Also, Kansas City, MO and Atlantic City, NJ and several times in Florida and California.
>>
there will never be a game with a region based off of the midwest or Appalachia
>>
File: bp-2-30x40-snake.jpg (172KB, 813x598px) Image search: [Google]
bp-2-30x40-snake.jpg
172KB, 813x598px
>Are any Pokemon based on legends, native species, etc.?
Giant rainbow snake that resides in the dream dimension when?
>>
File: 302.gif (198KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
302.gif
198KB, 200x200px
I live about an hour away from Hopkinsville. Pretty obscure place to pick a cryptid from, but I'm glad they did.
>>
>>26466666
checked
>>
>>26466666
fuck
>>
File: L A T E R N E R D S.gif (987KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
L A T E R N E R D S.gif
987KB, 500x262px
>>26466666
>>
>jersey fags unironically believe this

it's all about new york baby. jersey? fuggeddaboutit!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.