[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the best Pokemon game? I've only ever played Red

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png (169KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png
169KB, 300x301px
Which is the best Pokemon game?

I've only ever played Red when I was a kid and had the nostalgic urge to replay it, but am I missing anything by not playing a more recent version? Did any gen make objective improvements that make red and blue feel unplayable now?
>>
>>26463943
tight bait
>>
File: problemswithgen1.jpg (279KB, 780x1048px) Image search: [Google]
problemswithgen1.jpg
279KB, 780x1048px
>>26463943
Yes they did. They fixed the following bugs:
>>
Yes, every gen did. Pokemon Black and White are basically reboots of the series with only new Pokemon in the main game, so you may want to play that. They are often considered some of the best in the series. Then go onto Black 2 and White 2.
>>
>>26465763
Don't listen to him. Black and White try too hard to be JRPGs and end up being mediocre because of it. Black 2 and White 2 are great though.

All of the new gens have made general UI improvements that make it hard to go back to gen 1. Gen 4 brought the physical/special split so that types are no longer always tied to Attack or Special.
>>
>>26463943
Yes, vast improvements.
Play:
>Crystal or HeartGold/SoulSilver
>Emerald
>FireRed/LeafGreen if you like
>Platinum
>Black/White
>Black2/White2
>XY
>ORAS
>SM
None of the games in the series are bad, don't listen to memers.

>>26465758
Good thing hardly anyone noticed the majority of those severe problems.
>>
some pokemon now have a super evolution called "mega"

It would mean they are able to go toe to toe with most legendary pokemon buuuuut they also gave megas to already powerful legendary mons making the game an unbalanced mess.
>>
>>26463943
Just play Fire Red, its a near perfect remake
>>
>>26465868
/thread
>>
>>26463943
Play fire red and if it tickles your fancy, give soul silver or heart gold a whirl. Can find the roms easily enough online.
>>
If you've only played Red and have a sense of nostalgia for it, I would try Crystal, or Platinum if you want something more recent. Those are both great. X/Y are very cute and let you pet your Pokemon if you're into that, but you could just wait until Sun and Moon which will likely be better.

Each generation of games changes the battle system a little but honestly it hardly matters, knowing type advantages is still the most important thing.
>>
>>26463943
play fire red, they kept the original red/blue glitches in the 3ds re-releases.
>>
>>26466604
You either don't know how to string a sentence together or don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I'll join the chorus in saying Fire Red is a good remake. It's a great game to get back into the series with.
>>
>>26465796
Don't listen to this guy, he's a fucking faggot who lets neets on an imageboard form his own opinion.

BW and BW2 are both god tier. Enjoy both.
>>
>>26467104
>XY and ORAS are both god tier.
FIFY =D
>>
>>26467131
=D
>>
>>26467131

>=(
>>
>>26466619
Not him but I think he was saying go with Fire Red because even the 3ds re-releases are still busted because of things like Missingno.

If you have to go with a re-release on the 3ds for whatever reason, go with Yellow but if you want an objectively better game Fire Red/Leaf Green
>>
>>26466604
LeafGreen > FireRed
>>
>>26465837
>Play SM
But how can he get a hold of the beta?
>>
>>26467356
He'll probably spend a good while just getting caught up, assuming he has other stuff he does.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.