[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Megas be fixed in S/M? I like the concept a lot, but it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Will Megas be fixed in S/M? I like the concept a lot, but it just doesn't really make sense. Why can you mega evolve literally any Pokemon as long as they're holding the stone when the bond between you and your Pokemon is supposedly a big part in it? Why is there no level system like happiness involved?
>>
Because that'd be some tedious ass shit

Speaking of bonds and shit they should make it so amie bonuses happen in PvP as long as your Pokemon's IV's are shit enough
>>
>>26442149
No fuck that, I'm not going to grind 2 happiness stats to max. Also adding higher crit chances will ruin defensive Pokemon
>>
I will not enjoy Megas until every single final stage Pokemon has it.

There is no fucking point in giving a helping hand to a select few shitmons while forgetting the vast majority of them.

I would legitimately be fine with only getting 50-70 new Pokemon per gen and slowly building the Mega pool instead.
>>
>>26442249
Megas are supposed to be rare. Giving every FE Pokemon one would be stupid.
>>
>>26442291
Okay, then what do we do with shitmons like Farfetch'd?

>inb4 "not every pokemon is designed to be competitive"

I understand that, but a vast majority of them ARE and still suck.
>>
>>26442291
Agreed, I already think there are too many mega's as it is. They need to put a cap and a limit on going mega. Plus the explanation of it being based on bond is stupid as fuck. it should just be stone/experience based. Pokemon evolving due to something artifical like being captured and made tame makes no sense.
>>
Personally I think the idea of unique -ite stones is retarded.

Just give me a fucking Megaite stone and call it a day.
>>
>>26442314
Well that's just it. Some Pokemon are there to just be Pokemon. Though it's still possible that Farfetch'd could get an actual evolution. Mega Evolution wasn't created to balance the meta. Shitmons aren't entitled to megas like some people think.
>>
>>26442346
Okay, ignore shitmon.

Let's just talk about fully evolved Pokemon who aren't great. What then?
>>
>>26442346
yes. And more to the point, mega's aren't there to provide balance. in nature, some creatures ARE stronger than others. deal with it.

anyway I still think mega's are fine, I like the idea, but it should be something that is restricted far far more than it is now
>>
>>26442087

Mega evolution is not important.
>>
>>26442314
farfetch'd is literally designed to be a shitmon

you have other pokemon who are accidentally shitmons like bouffalant and weezing, even stingulor has taken a hit thanks to power creep
>>
>>26442359
Then the answer is simply "maybe".
>>
>>26442087
I wonder if amie was originally meant to be connected to Megas somehow but was scrapped?
>>
>>26442481
THE CONSENSUS WAS that to transfer to 3d. it took quite a bit of time to make 3ds of all the pokemon. then the pokemon world.
leaving not too much time when the production said a release date leaving even less time to add everything they wanted.
x/y is the 3d transition. with that done now, it is easier to make more games
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.