[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if there was a new competitive meta where each person could only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (948B, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
948B, 90x90px
if there was a new competitive meta where each person could only use ONE pokemon, what would be top tier?
>>
>>26426967
Weakness policy Dragonite
>>
>>26426967

Interesting question

>>26427001

Good answer.

I would suggest Aegislash. It has perfect coverage, godly Typing, and enough defensive and offensive capability to take on minimum 75% of pokemon 1v1.
>>
>>26427001
I think you mean weakness policy Golem, or any other weakness policy user really.

Second best would be choice item users with multihit moves that can OHKO pokemon with sturdy.

The next best would be obnoxious support mons with shit like parafusion or subseed. Taunt users would probably see little use, so it would be safe to have some turbogay moveset like willowisp, toxic, protect and substitute with leftovers.
Ghost type curse might also be useful. I could see a Sableye set with recover, curse, protect and shadow sneak/willowisp/toxic/whatever. Sableye gets curse right?
>>
Sturdy metal coat aggron.
>>
>>26427204
On that note, there are dozens of fucking obnoxious UU walls that would probably be really good too.
Sigilyph and Clefable and the like would be "kill me in two turns or I win"
Debuffing status moves would be extremely strong, much stronger than setup moves, and a lot of them would probably get banned.
>>
>>26426967
FEAR Ratata
Sturdy Endeavor Aron
Shedinja if you get lucky with your opponent's typing and moves
>>
Focus Sash Scolipede
Choice Scarf Garchomp
>>
>>26427308
>Sturdy Endeavor Aron
Good luck on that without sandstorm
Aron has no way to finish off the target.
>>
mega altaria
>>
Wobbuffet.
>>
Mega mence is top tier with all the mixed sets it can run
>>
>>26427204
I said Dragonite because it has multiscale, meaning super effective moves hardly can defeat it at full health. It has good coverage moves and great priority in extreme speed.
>>
>>26427529
>Kyurem used ice beam!
>>
>>26427552
>Weakness Policy activates
>Dragonite used Outrage!
>>
>>26427584
see: turboblaze/turbovolt
>>
Motherfucking Shedinja.
>>
>>26427654
I forgot about that.
>>
Is there not a 1v1 format in Pokemon Showdown? I remember winning the vast majority of my matches with my Vanilluxe.
>>
>Porygon Z used hyper beam!
for ghost types
>Porygon Z used dark pulse!
for fairy types
>Porygon Z used Hidden Power Poison!
so on and so forth
Pory Z with full EVs in speed (plus choice scarf) and sp. attack with hasty nature could dominate the meta easily
>>
Tanks or Hyper-offensive? Which would be better?
>>
>>26427773
>chimchar used mach punch!
>>
>>26426967
sash smeargle with endeavor and sucker punch
ez
>>
>>26427824
>gengar used sludge wave!
>>
>>26426967
Gengar.
>>
if this doesn't already exist somewhere it should. i would be way into this.
>>
Choice Band Kyurem Black with Outrage.
>>
Sturdy Mirror Coat Avalugg would do well in the right situation
>>
>>26427752
yup but you know this board is too autistic to have fun on showdown
>>
>>26427850
>smeargle lost 99% of its health!
>smearge used endeavor!
>gengar lost 99% of its health!
>smeargle used sucker punch!
>gengar fainted!
>>
>>26427978
ghost types are immune to normal type moves
>>
>>26427308
fear rattata get's killed my multi-hits
>>
>>26428040
Sucker punch is dark, Anon
>>
>>26428095
but endeavor is normal
>>
>>26428095
endeavor is normal and sucker punch still doesn't do very much off of smeargle's attack
>>
We literally just had this competition, Dragonite was most common and arguably the best
>>
>>26427654

Anyway that's a few Ubers that beat it. The question is what does it beat, and the answer is a lot of things. It has everything it needs to beat most mons 1v1: the ability to tank single hits from most pokemon, the ability to boost its Att and Spd in one turn, +2 priority, and item that boosts both offenses still further, and good to great coverage on the physical and special ends of the spectrum.
>>
>>26428604
a lot of shit can beat it, and kyurem-b is OU

metagross, mega altaria, any good physical wall, haxorus, anything with moldbreaker, fake out ice punch lopunny, off the top of my head

that said, its probably the best answer to the question, yes
>>
>>26427795
>no STAB

try again
>>
Smogon has you covered.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/1v1-viability-ranking-revamped.3536109/
>>
>>26427659
>Shedinja
>banking the entire match on the hopes that the opponent doesn't have at least a Rock, Fire, Ghost, Dark, or Flying move
>>
>>26429177
I really didn't expect that to turn out the way it did, pretty cool.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.