[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon was always easy. The only time it was a bit of a challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 009Blastoise_RG.png (747KB, 790x846px) Image search: [Google]
009Blastoise_RG.png
747KB, 790x846px
Pokemon was always easy. The only time it was a bit of a challenge was Sinnoh's E4.

Gen 1
>Trainer's Pokemon are higher levelled than yours
>but they always choose the wrong moves and let you do whatever the fuck you want
>can literally be 20 levels below them and still leave without a scratch

Gen 6
>Trainer's Pokemon will be lower than yours almost every time
>chooses the right move 40% of the time, though it doesn't really matter because you've already swept them
>Trainers have less Pokemon to waste your time on

Where does the "wahh I want difficulty" shit come from?
>>
I agree with you and that's exactly why hard mode should not be a thing.
>>
>>26410485
>should not be a thing.
Should be a thing I mean.
>>
File: 132276559723.jpg (76KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
132276559723.jpg
76KB, 500x464px
>>26410436
All I'm saying is it would have been nice if the series had retained the difficulty level the gen 4 games had. There was actually a good chance the e4 could push your shit in even if you thought you had put together a competent team.

I'm currently playing through Alpha Sapphire and training exactly 16 Pokemon equally (currently ranging lv35-40, just defeated Primal Kyogre). Even with the Exp Share turned off I'm getting fucktons of Exp because for some reason GF thought it a decent idea not to split up Exp gains when switching during a battle. Archie was a joke, all his other Pokemon barely did anything and only Mega Sharpedo had enough raw attack and speed to OHKO some of my Pokemon before I managed to secure the KO on it as well. It looks like I may need some extra healing items for the league challenge on top of the ones I found lying on the ground, but I'm not expecting much to change during the rest of the endgame.
>>
>>26410436
Since Pokémon has not generally been very hard, what's wrong with wishing for a little more difficulty without having to impose your own challenge rules? The battle system is complex enough for it, after all. There would not even have to be anything done to the AI, just make the level curve steeper and give trainers more full teams and hold items.

So yeah, I'd be happy with a hard mode, because I know there are a lot of people who just enjoy grinding their starter up and steamrolling everything, and that's fine, too. But I'd love to play a Pokémon game where the standard level progression doesn't just make me stronger than every gym leader.
>>
>>26410436

I agree.

The only reason it was hard was because I was 6 and would do stupid shit like 4 water moves on a water pokemon.
>>
>>26411040
Those suggestions would just encourage grinding, which seems to be what gen 6 was pulling away from. They don't want to lose the attention of kids, who'd drop the game due to drawn out battles and getting stomped by sudden level spikes.

Exp share is a neat idea to give kids an easier mode to play, gen 6 itself is just poorly balanced because they keep the easy difficulty from earlier games and then add a crutch item on top of that.
>>
>>26411122
That's pretty much what I said, though: I would like an optional hard mode that has an appropriate level curve considering EXP share, and more full teams with items. So pretty much a game mode where AI trainers and you are on an even footing. Children can still play normal mode.
>>
>>26410436
Steven is much harder as well, due to choosing the right moves and the lack of grinding spots in GBA Hoenn.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.