[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: It's 2002. I wonder if upcoming games will keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: 1398702945568.jpg (35KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1398702945568.jpg
35KB, 500x333px
>ITT: It's 2002.

I wonder if upcoming games will keep the ability to play as a female. I kinda want it to stay a Crystal-only thing, it feels kinda un-pokemon-y to have a girl main character.
>>
Sorry guys, but it looks like "Beyblade" is the new Pokemon Killer. We're fucked.
>>
I feel like they went a bit overboard with the rival in the latest games. I mean, he literally mugs a guy for his pokemon and scares him into giving his other one away. I hope they dial things back slightly and make the rivals a little less aggressive.
>>
I'd like them to stop adding legendary Pokémon. I mean, in the first couple of games it's been fine, since we have "few" Pokémon yet and we need some (it would be weird to have a whole world without rare ones).
But now they're inflationed, they should really focus on creating "normal" ones and stick on current legendaries, I hope it'll stay this way.
Oh, and I didn't really like Lugia / Ho-Oh / Suicune being on covers, I hope they'll go back on using starters.
>>
I can't wait to use the game's Time Capsule feature to trade my Johtobros into the next region.
>>
>>26394320
fuck yeah! Game Boy Advance games looks so good it'll going to be awesome to trade them forward! also since Crystal pokemon are animated, i'm pretty sure that with a so much better hardware all upcoming games will animate pokemon
>>
I can't wait to see how great the next games look on the Game Boy Advance. I bet the day/night cycle is gonna be sick.
>>
File: IMG_2979.jpg (21KB, 384x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2979.jpg
21KB, 384x318px
>>26394227
RS were announced in 2001 and by 2002 the games were already out in Japan.
>>
>>26394408
>November 21, 2002
>Today's May 19
>It's 2002, we have no idea on what's happening in japan
>>
>>26394227
I used to have that exact off brand Link Cable.

>Used to be the champ of the play ground
>Then everyone found out about the Missingno glitch and abused it.
>>
>>26394227
Even in 2002 I really very heavily doubt anybody would have been that retarded, OP

But then again, I was retarded enough to think that they'd just add a new region and 100 new Pokemon each game, and they'd all be sequels and they'd never take features or regions away. So I guess we were all a little retarded in 2002
>>
>>26394464
>this niggas parents were too poor to let him have game mags
By 2002 I sure as shit had already seen the starter Pokemon art, art for the two MCs and some random ass screenshots of Hoenn pond reflections and shit
>>
>>26394227
>yfw held items are kill
Held items were Johto's thing, they are not going to come back in Gen III.

Held items are suck, anyway. Having them means we'll never get any new normal items again.
>>
i catched zapdos today!!!! my frend was supreised hahahahahahha.... i am the king of pokemon
>>
>>26394227
>it feels kinda un-pokemon-y to have a girl main character.
What are you, gay? She's cute.
>>
I heard there's gonna be a Dunsparce evolution!

It's gonna be Dragon/ground with high stats all around, 90 in everything!
>>
>ITT: people act as if we thought about the Pokemon franchise the same way as we do today
>with ironic references to Masuda's comment about customization in Kalos
Fuck, when Gen II was the most recent Gen, we though Pokemon had nowhere to go but up. Gen II added a bunch of shit and removed nothing from Gen I. We got new Pokemon, day and night, a progression of the world, new mechanics (both in and out of battle), and so on. It was only with Gen III that Game Freak actually settled into its plethora of things people are "subtly" bitching about in this thread, such as the non-continuation of features or too many Legendaries and making them central to the plot. Gen II only introduced one more Legend than Gen I, 6 instead of 5 and only Suicune had anything resembling even a subplot in Crystal, which was also not tied to the main "plot" of Team Rocket returning.

No one was going "man, I bet Gen III won't have day and night cycles. I also bet we're not going to be able to get most of the older mons, especially Johto, until they release a bunch of side games and remakes of Gen I!"
>>
>>26394464
Yeah and it didn't help that around that time all the Pokémon sites I used to visit started to die off.

I actually think this is the main reason serebii's website became so popular-there was a while where he didn't really have competition because right before/during 3rd gen many people decided they were too cool for Pokémon.
>>
>>26395122
Who's Dunsparce?
>>
Who fucking cares about Pokemon anymore? That fad was over like a year ago and I doubt if they made more games I'd buy them.
>>
I once wore a link cable as a belt in 7th grade because I was cool like that
>>
>>26394408
>I want to everyone to see how pedantic and unfun I can be
>>
i heard on gamefaqs from this dude whose dad works at pokemon and he said theres gonna be 200 new pokemon and 5 starters to choose from in the new game
>>
>>26395134
What's Kalos? Is that a new legendary?
>>
I've just been born!
>>
GET OFF THE INTERNET! I HAVE TO USE THE PHONE!

I swear we have to switch over to broadband if this keeps up. Everyone else seems to have it now.
>>
>>26395242
It was in the cartoon. Can't find any jpegs from the episode but it's listed on WB's website.
>>
STARTER LEAKS
>>
>>26397385
>implying this fad is dying
Are you kidding me? My elementary school is crazy for them. Kids are getting in trouble for trading cards every single day. One kid got his GameBoy Color taken up for playing during class like two weeks ago. He's really mad because the teacher isn't going to give it back until school gets out for the summer. Like, is that even legal?

Anyway. We're all excited here. My lunchbox has Marill on it. I can't wait for the next games to come out so I can trade all of my favorites over for a new adventure.
>>
>>26394541
Pokémon World magazine was my life then.
>>
>>26397866
fake
>>
>>26394556
weak attempt to compare it to megas
>>
>>26397866
My friend told me that the chicken was going to be Fire Fighting! Man I wish they keep doing that, those are my 2 favorite types ever
>>
I come from the year 2016 where we are expecting a new pair of games in November. Ask me anything.
>>
>>26397868

I don't know about you, but in late 2002 it felt like G/S was ancient history. And when I saw the R/S commercials I thought the new Pokemon looked like shit. But I ended up enjoying Sapphire, then quitting Pokemon for two more long years, then discovering Emerald and Competitive.
>>
File: Snorlax.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Snorlax.png
51KB, 250x250px
Can anything stop Snorlax? This thing keeps wrecking me.
>>
File: 1453767596595.png (589KB, 493x679px) Image search: [Google]
1453767596595.png
589KB, 493x679px
>>26395134
kek, I wouldn't even bother trying to explain why this thread is dumb to be honest, it's pretty clear by the attitude in here that only two or three of the posters ITT were actually old enough and lucid enough to have any idea of their surroundings back in 2002
>>
>>26397926
Are you gay?
>>
>>26398018
Everyone's gay in the future. Even straight people have been pacified by an ethereal substance known only as "boypussy". Transgender """""rights""""" are also taken seriously in our dark future

It's not too late for you 2002 anon. You can change the future for the good of all of us
>>
>>26394338
Gameboy Advance is gonna look so sweet with Day/Night too!!
>>
>>26394541
Beckett Anime was where I first saw Groudon and Kyogre. They called them "Guland" and "Kaiorca".
>>
>>26398067
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>26397957
They need to just remove him from the next games. Its getting ridiculous.
>>
File: 250px-252Treecko.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-252Treecko.png
44KB, 250x250px
>>26397892
>implying it's fake
Ebin, can't wait for denialfags to get BTFO
>>
>>26397953
My school was in the Deep South, so a lot of our parents were religious whackos who refused to buy the games. The "Pokemon represent demons!" thing had a shocking amount of traction even then.
Still though, most parents would eventually crack, and a few of the more ambitious kids started mowing lawns and shit so they could buy the games themselves.
Because of this, there was a steady flow of new players, and the people who'd had the game since the beginning liked to show off with their level 100 starters and wreck the newer kids' shit.
Thanks to this, there was still a very strong base of kids playing straight through R/S coming out and even a while after, since a lot of the kids either couldn't afford or weren't allowed to get the GBA or the new games.

Most people at my school were hype as fuck about R/S too, but the more I think back on it, the more I wonder how much of it was fulled by childish rebellion. It was kind of a "fuck you" to the school, to their parents, to the religious lunatics that would rant at our churches about how these games were evil. The games were good, yeah, but I think the clandestine culture around it, the secret recess battles under the slide, the passed notes arguing about fair card trades, those were what made it hype.

At least at my school. I've heard it was different elsewhere.
>>
FUCK YOU AL-QAEDA
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.