[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT things that trigger your PokeAutism Pic related, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

File: basedregion.png (53KB, 499x664px) Image search: [Google]
basedregion.png
53KB, 499x664px
>ITT things that trigger your PokeAutism
Pic related, for me it's that they never did this region (as well as the region west of Johto) thus completing PokeJapan

I get that they probably just wanted a breath of fresh air, and were probably worried that by filling in the blanks they'd be adding fuel to the "MAKE A GAME WITH EVERY REGION" fire, but regions like Tohoku seem rich with culture to pluck for the Pokemon franchise. It's got a similar climate to Sinnoh, a rich Feudal history, interesting phenomena like the "snow monsters" and some 2deep4u potential with the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake, not to mention that it's position geographically would mean we could actually see the location of the Sinjoh Ruins in the wider scheme of things

I dunno, it just feels like wasted potential to me
>>
Fuck off, Maptist :^)
>>
>>26393468
What?
>>
>>26393459
>completing PokeJapan
To do that, wouldn't that, wouldn't they need to do Chuugoku and western Shikoku too? (and I guess northern Chuubu too, but we could probably let that slide)
>>
File: 1458455348777.gif (3MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1458455348777.gif
3MB, 300x290px
>>26393459

>Hoenn flipped the wrong way
>Game Freak already debunked this
>>
The fucking friends in X/Y trigger the fuck outta me.
Especially Shauna in that endgame bit, just thinking about it ticks me off.

>>26393493
Some guy who made a thread posting his theory about the geography of the Pokemon world and then acted like Mexicofags and didn't listen to anything people had to say against it.
>>
Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female

I know there's no way to fix it now without raping the entire Pokedex numbering system, but damn does this make me sperg out thinking about it
>>
>He thinks that regions reflect actual real world locations

Fuck off, Maptist
>>
>>26393585
R u 4reel
>>
>>26393459
Well, technically we have a theoretical name for that region.
Sinjoh.

That said, the Sinjoh reason most likely isnt called that, and mgiht not even be populated at all. Youve seen how sparsely populated Kanto is.
Not only that, we've seen the little red place, its called Alma
>>
>>26393551
>They're all one person
>Because only one person could have such a stupid theory

HUEHUEHUEHUHEUHUEH

>He uses tumblr fanfiction autist terms like head canon unironically
>>
It always annoys me when people say Unova is close to Sinnoh and Kanto, when the games and the anime go out of their way to tell you otherwise.
>>
Gen 8, especially if Gen 7 isnt well received
>>
OP here, go make a containment thread if you want to argue about this dumb shit, I was literally just talking about the fact that they did all of Japan except the area north of Kanto and the area west of Johto, and how Tohoku has a cool culture that I wish they capitalized on. Whether the Pokemon world is a 1:1 of the real world or something else entirely I do not give enough of a fuck to get into a debate about canon geography

I guess that answers the question of "itt things that trigger your pokeautism" though
>>
>>26393459
Almia is based on Hokkaido's tail with bits of Aomori
>>
well you did ask for autism op, you reap what you sow

as for me my jimmies get rustled at the pokemon league system. how do you achieve championhood? the situation with blue in the first gen games goes in direct conflict with the other games in the series
>>
File: 1.jpg (77KB, 900x539px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
77KB, 900x539px
>>26393468
>>26393546
>>26393585
>>
>>26393669
Spinoffs aren't canon.
>>
>>26393706
What makes you think this?
>>
>>26393608
Mexico laughing would be JUE JUE JUE
>>
>>26393647
There is a containment thread. The problem is there's so much shitposting from an autist in there that either they're branching out to defend their pet theory or people are picking up on their shitposting for fun.
>>
>>26393716
No references between one and the other. Rangers regions being too different from the other regions.
>>
The reason why they didnt make Tohoku and Chugoku into regions is because they're boring as fuck compared to Kyushu, Kansai, Kanto, and Hokkaido.

They'd really have to stretch for cool landmarks in those areas.

The coolest thing is Chuugoku is Hiroshima, other than that it's pretty rural, and not in the cool semi-tropical way Kyushu is. Same with Northern Honshu.

If you want a game that's all mountains and rice fields with no other unique features then go right ahead but I for one am glad they skipped those areas. They capitalized on the most interesting and unique parts of Japan and moved on.

t. Someone who lives in the boonies in Chuugoku.
>>
>>26393706
It's stated to be right off of the Sinnoh mainland and the games allow you to transfer pokemon across.
>>
File: IMG_20151003_024533.jpg (25KB, 314x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151003_024533.jpg
25KB, 314x300px
Pokeballs.

Do you press the button in the game world or are they all fullsized unlike the anime? They're all shown full sized in concept art and official art so I dunno.

Speaking of which, when you throw a Pokeball in the main games, you never see the Pokémon come out as a red energy beam, the Pokeball in question just.. explodes into the Pokémon.

Also, you never see anyone in the game hold they're Pokeballs to summon or call in they're Pokeballs, everyone throws it. Seriously, look at the intro with all Professors, look at all of the trainer throwing anymations, they all throw the Pokeball. Unlike, again, the anime.

It's all very confusing.
>>
File: 1442608212694.gif (1MB, 240x281px) Image search: [Google]
1442608212694.gif
1MB, 240x281px
>>26393742
God fucking damnit, I hope this doesn't catch on. I came off /vp/ for three or four days because I got sick to death of small-region shitposters, "UNDER 80 POKEMON IN GEN 7" shitposters and """""leaked""""" starter evolutions. If maptism catches on as the new form of shitposting whilst we're in a news drought then I quit /vp/ for good.

I'd probably be all the better for it, actually.
>>
>>26393755
The anime had to invent or work with a lot of beta concept when they were working on the series. I'm assuming the way they were intended to work were like literal gachapon capsules since the pokemon just pop out and resize in the first two gens, in gen 1 the Pokeball gives out a puff of smoke, and gen 2 has the ball split in half. Now all we have is a kind of weird mix of the anime having an established canon and the games not confirming or denying them. We don't even know if the poke balls in the games have those mirrors.
>>
>>26393751
>the games allow you to transfer pokemon across
I'll give you this one.

>It's stated to be right off of the Sinnoh mainland
Where?
>>
>>26393766
This happens every Gen. When Kalos got revealed we had people arguing over whether it was really France and we could see other areas later and people arguing that Kalos was an island or connected to the other regions (except Unova which was an isolated hemisphere because anime) to explain reusing pokemon. There was also a shitposter saying Kalos was based on the Middle East and the Eiffel Tower was misleading.

And in Gen 5 it took the reveal of Gen 6 to get "Unov is Hong Kong" shitposters to finally die off.

Dunno if this will become a meme, but this is the second or third map thread, and this one seems to have the most contrarian shitposting in it that's "catching on". Either it's a dedicated "Goodrafag" type thing or a new summer meme.
>>
>>26393669
almia is based off greece
>>
>>26393851
People should just stop assuming all the regions are connected to one supercontinent like autists.
>>
>>26393957
What fucking gets me is how people refuse to see the obvious inspirations for the regions, not only the outlines of the maps.

>Unova literally has Manhattan and a fucking eagle Pokemon
>UNOVA IS BASED ON HONG KONG
>Kalos has the Versailles Palace, a poodle Pokemon and the fucking Eiffel Tower
>KALOS IS BASED ON THE MIDDLE EAST
>>
File: tendies.gif (1MB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
tendies.gif
1MB, 400x268px
>>26394068
>Implying Europe and the Middle East aren't basically the same thing
>>
File: 1423861148679.jpg (77KB, 674x670px) Image search: [Google]
1423861148679.jpg
77KB, 674x670px
>>26394068
The Unova stuff was insane back in the day.

>It's Shanghai
>It's Hong Kong

I don't know how the NY inspiration could be anymore obvious. It's got all NY's bridges, and that one town in the very beginning even has Brooklyn style apartment buildings complete with a front stoop and everything, eagle, basically "Liberty Island".

And now there are people saying Alola isn't Hawaii despite the name, "'cuz", the shape of the island, plus the license plate and the one dudes hat having the state symbol. Total insanity.
>>
File: it hasnt even begun.png (203KB, 620x634px) Image search: [Google]
it hasnt even begun.png
203KB, 620x634px
>>26393647
>>26393742
I said this a few days ago, and I'll say it again - I'm convinced we're getting raided by /int/. They absolutely love shitposting over that kind of stuff. Map autism threads are basically the board's staple over there (on par with Showderp, /wfg/ for /vp/).
>>
>>26395159
I think you underestimate just how autistic /vp/ is. There's nothing particularly special about people bitching over maps. We get into dumb ass canon arguments about everything.
>>
>>26395194
Maybe you're right. I don't understand why maps of all things trigger such an intense autism in some people though.
>>
>>26395221
It's not really about the maps, it's just a couple of lonely-ass dudes who need to feel right about something. No well-adjusted (or even mid-tier autistic) person would /really/ care about whether the Pokemon world is a 1:1 geographic version of the real world or if it's some new landmass entirely, these guys just desperately want to prove someone else wrong so they can elevate themselves that one inch higher.

It's tragic, but then again it's /vp/. I don't know what I expected
>>
File: 41[1].jpg (34KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
41[1].jpg
34KB, 400x240px
>>26393755
Exactly as >>26393800 says. In the early days Poke Balls were kinda poorly-defined gashapon-like tech thingies. I think in the very earliest chapters of the Adventures manga the balls didn't even have the buttons we're used to seeing on them, and AFAIK in that manga they still continue to have translucent covers that show the Pokemon inside, and burst open in a puff of smoke rather than the way they do in the anime. The look and function we're used to was more or less invented for the anime and then adapted to most subsequent media because everyone saw it was cool, while the games continue to be kinda nebulous about the whole thing.

I frankly care less about the way the balls operate and more about their history in the Pokemon world and I like that GF has been dropping hints about that throughout the years, but hate that they can't just give us straight answers.
>>
>>26393585
>>26393546
>>26393468
Its time to stop.
>>
>>26395334
>we got a fucking Pokeball Factory in Gen 6
>still no explanation on how they work in game or how they're made

At the very least though I've yet to see them retract to a smaller size like they do in the anime. They were always on display in full size, even in the lab and pokemon center, but that might be a way to cut back on new models/making them more visible for style reasons more than anything.
>>
>>26396649
I don't even think they retract in the anime anymore. I've been marathoning XY recently and I don't remember ever seeing a pokéball expand like they used to in the OS. Or maybe I've just stopped noticing it
>>
File: 1463537542397.png (160KB, 1236x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1463537542397.png
160KB, 1236x1168px
you also have to fill in the region connecting hoenn to johto
>>
>>26394795
We didn't know the names or the designs of the specific towns at first. Also we did know BW had a bridge theme but I'm sorry I don't think "bridges" as a defining feature of new York, especially when there is another American city where I actually would. Unova was confirmed New York well before release though not as soon as Aloloa = Hawaii.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.