[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there /vp/. pic related is known as the "Dhole".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: firestarter.jpg (127KB, 710x408px) Image search: [Google]
firestarter.jpg
127KB, 710x408px
Hey there /vp/. pic related is known as the "Dhole". Its a wild DOG breed that is native to CHINA. Right now they're almost extinct, but going back a couple centuries you could see that these guys were very intertwined with Chinese culture. Notice anything?
>>
Many dog breeds in China look like that you absolute retard, and that still looks nothing like a fennec fox.
>>
>>26386840
>Its a wild DOG breed
That's blatantly wrong. Dholes aren't a dog breed. They're not even members of Canis.
They're also far more common in India.
>>
>>26386880
>implying when the zodiac was first conceived western taxonomy was a thing
>implying india wasnt under chinese cultural hegemony and is even to this day
>>
>>26386965
The term dog breed is still completely wrong. Do you know what breed even means?
>>
>>26386965
But when Pokemon came out, western taxonomy was a thing
>>
>>26386965
>implying india wasnt under chinese cultural hegemony and is even to this day

They don't even have the same primary religion. They're seperated by a fuckhuge mountain range and have wildly different histories.
>>
>>26386840
Honestly I was assuming this was referring to the new Pokemon from the CoroCoro trailer, not that it was referring to Fennekin. Also Fennekin is in no way based on this, the name says it all, it's based on a fennec fox.
>>
d hole lmao
>>
I like how /vp/ suddenly become expert wildlife biologist when the zodiac is brought up.

Foxes are canines -- they're close enough to fit the pattern. Deal with it.

>in b4 a wiki-wildlife biologist mentions something he read on Wikipedia once
>>
>>26387359
The whole "close enough" thing really takes all credibility away from the pattern, you know?
>>
>>26386840
I notice some nipples
>>
>>26386965
You're a moron if you think Chinese culture is dominant in India. If anything, the influence goes the other way. China was overrun with Buddhism and India was not overrun with Taoism.
>>
>>26387384

I don't think anyone ever implied it has to literally be the same animal. Volcarona isn't literally a sun but the sun is clearly an inspiration for its design.
>>
Why are Zodiacfags so utterly desperate? Are they trying to outshine owlfags? Even the Fire/Poisonfags seem to have completely dried up.
>>
>>26387470
No, it's more like saying that Volcarona represent Alpha Centauri A despite clearly being inspired by the sun because both are stars.
>>
>>26387359
>Foxes are canines

Repeating this isn't suddenly going to make it true. Canines are a genus, and foxes aren't part of it.
>>
>>26386840
Fuck patternfags, honestly. Does everything have to be connected? It's awful with Smash Bros, it's awful with Pokemon too.
>>
>>26386840
This comes across as so sad and desperate I don't even know where to begin.

2/10, at least you tried.
>>
>>26387675
Foxes are canines without doubt. Canines(Caninae) is a subfamily, Canis is a genus.
But yes, foxes are not dogs.
>>
>Chimchar
>Zodiac has monkey on it
>Chimchar is actually a chimp
If you show a picture of Chimchar to a ten year old they're going to call it a monkey. So the argument for fox =/= dog is fucking stupid, there are breeds of dogs that look like foxes and wolves etc. And in the case of cyndaquil: rats, mice, echidnas, hedgehogs, etc. are all rodents so it's more than likely that GF used the rat on the zodiac as a basis for designing Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is still the only sound argument against the zodiac theory imo, show an 8 year old a dog breed that looks like a fox and fox side by side and he'll probably call them both dogs.
>>
>>26387962
"Canine", as the term is currently employed, is considered to refer to the genus Canis, not the subfamily Caninae. The reason for this is because Caninae is the only living subfamily of Canidae, therefore biologists distinguish between members of the Canis genus and members of the Vulpes genus using different commonplace terms such as canines and vulpines.

Semantics aside, dogs and foxes are extremely distantly related. Of all currently living canids, those two species are on opposite sides of the branch and are both separated by millions of years.
>>
File: 1462288603711.gif (939KB, 250x143px) Image search: [Google]
1462288603711.gif
939KB, 250x143px
foxes are cute!
>>
>>26388026
Fact check yourself before making a fool of yourself.
>>
File: 91f13e5090382010a360c4bc450ecd1c.jpg (987KB, 1050x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91f13e5090382010a360c4bc450ecd1c.jpg
987KB, 1050x1500px
>>26388042
I like foxes.
>>
>>26388044
Thanks for providing no evidence to how I'm wrong in any way but thanks for the input, faggot.
>>
File: 1463587918569.jpg (32KB, 336x296px) Image search: [Google]
1463587918569.jpg
32KB, 336x296px
Fox
>>
>>26388102
The only "rodents" you listed are rats and mice.
>>
>>26388116
I actually was wrong about that. Thank you for telling me. My argument still stands for what I said prior to Cyndaquil.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 625x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 625x466px
>>26388037
>>
>>26386965
>zodiacfags will literally shit themselves into getting history wrong to try and justify their obsession
>>
>>26388026
Show a ten year old a Fennekin and they'll say "fox".
>>
>>26388026
It must be a rat.

I mean, it doesn't have a tail like a rat.

It has spines like a rat doesn't have.

It has to be a rat.

It has to be a rat.

It has to be a rat.
>>
>>26388026
There is not a single ten year old who would mistake an echidna or a hedgehog for a rat.
>>
>>26388026
No dog breeds could be mistaken for a fox. Their faces are completely different.
Also echidnas and hedgehogs are not rodents.
>show an 8 year old a dog breed that looks like a fox and fox side by side and he'll probably call them both dogs.
Unless the kid is a complete retard he would say a fox and a dog.
>>
I honestly don't know how this debunked "theory" survived the last three years. Even before Fennekin it was a stretch since you had to pick and choose when you want to use a specific piece of evidence and when you want to ignore the same evidence. Fennekin destroyed the last remaining chance and then Litten pissed on the grave marker. Can't wait until next gen when we get a fire camel and it's shoved into the...what, goat slot?
>>
>>26388290
Or Ox.

Pls ignore goat and ox are the same species like fox and dog, zodiac ha ha :)
>>
>>26388290
What really gets me with zodiakfags is when they say that only the final stage count when talking about Charizard being a dragon, but only the basic stage count when talking about Cyndaquil being a rat, which is still a huge stretch.
>>
>>26386840
you can't pull all this culture bullshit to make fennekin work then completely ignore the fact that charizard is a western dragon
>>
>>26388280
>>26388260
I already addressed that I was wrong about echidnas not being rodents.
>>
>>26388339
This is addressing your first point, where you implied children would confuse the two.

They would not, unless they were incredibly young (in which case they would confuse tigers, bears, and cows with dogs, etc).

You don't have any points, dude.

Cyndaquil is so painfully not a rat, and its evolution even more so.
>>
>>26388324
>cyndaquil counts at a rat because its a "fire mouse pokemon"
>charmander line still counts as dragons despite literally being "lizard pokemon"
>>
>>26388358
I'd didn't say a kid would confuse a rat with an echidna. I said if a dog breed that is similar to a fox was side by side to a fox, an 8 year old kid or something would probably confused the two to be the same animal. The same case occurs with Chimchar not being a monkey, but a chimp yet no one uses that argument against the zodiac theory because monkeys and chimps are too similar. Even though they are as similar as a dog and a fox.
>>
>>26388385
I wonder, what dog breeds do you consider fox-like? Because none look close to actual foxes.
>>
>>26388324
>wahhhhhhh patterns need to be 100% perfect
>wahhhhhhhh I have mild autism
>>
>>26387359
>I like how /vp/ suddenly become expert wildlife biologist when the zodiac is brought up.
>not knowing each board is an expert at something that has nothing to do with their board
You wouldn't believe it, but /pol/ knows more about TES lore than actual politics. It's not so far fetched to believe /vp/ are experts in wildlife biology but know nothing about Pokemon, like the fact that Pokemon are designed for appealing to kids so if something looks like something else it might as well just be that something else.
>>
>>26388358
Basically what I was trying to get across was that comparing a chimp to a monkey is like comparing a dog to a fox. And the Cyndaquil part I was completely wrong on so please ignore it.
>>
>>26388385
I don't even think a kid would confuse a chimp with a monkey at this point.

They definitely wouldn't confuse a fox and a dog, though.

Kids understand shapes and colors. Once they get past, oh, fucking SIX they know what fucking animals are.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 520x182px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 520x182px
>>26388400
Left is a fox, right is a Finnish Spitz
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 200x141px
>>26388410
>>26388026
>infernAPE
>has tail
>>
>>26388385
Because Chimchar's Japanese name has the word for monkey in it and its species name in Japanese is small monkey. It's one of the two that can be fit into the Zodiac without stretching it.
>>
>>26388420
That's subjective and could vary between children but yes.
>>
>>26388401
It's cherry picking, nothing more, nothing less.
But just keep throwing around buzzwords like muh autism if it helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>26388422
Any kid would tell you left is a fox and right is a dog.
>>
>>26388401
>wahhhhhhh there HAS to be a pattern it can't just be a nice coincidence
>wahhhhhhhh I have mild autism
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 520x390px
>>26388445
>>
File: Finnish Spitz.jpg (51KB, 645x380px) Image search: [Google]
Finnish Spitz.jpg
51KB, 645x380px
>>26388422
Tell me, do you really think the Finnish Spitz look like a fox at all?
And besides that, the chances are bigger that the kid would say foxes rather than dogs, given that one is quite clearly a fox.
>>
>>26388469
They'd still tell you it's a dog because foxes are slender. You'd have better luck getting an orange dachshund being confused as a fox.
>>
>>26388469
That's neither a fox or a dog. It's a dhole, the animal used in the fucking OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 260x146px
>>26388480
"Hey kids! Can you tell me what these animals are?"
>>
>>26388490
I can already tell you they'd say fox on the right and wolf (yes, wolf) on the left.
>>
>>26388490
>right is a fox!
>I'm not sure what left is.. A dog? A fox?
And it's neither, it's a fucking dhole, not a dog.
>>
Why did this incredibly dishonest bullshit about kids confusing some cherry-picked canids for foxes, start, anyway? Why is anyone actually going along with it? It could not be much less relevant.
>>
Youtube /yang filpo
>>
>>26386840
This post is sad. This whole thread is just sad.

Zodiacfags, I think it's time to just pack it up and call it quits. You can't keep doing this to yourselves, it's gotta be unhealthy for your mental state.
>>
>>26388676
I really don't understand. What is wrong with basing Pokemon on the zodiac? What harm is done from having influenced designs from Chinese culture?
>>
>>26387962
True foxes aren't even members of Caninae. They're members of Vulpinae.
>>
>>26388738
What's wrong with all the water types being based on the different places in the Divine Comedy?
>>
>>26388776
Whoops, fucked up, was thinking of Canini and Vulpini. That's what I get for talking about animals outside of my specialty.

By the way all these paraphyletic groups in Canidae suck ass.
>>
>>26388776
>Vulpinae
That's not a word anon.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.