[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are your pokemon friends, pets, tools, or pieces of data in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 39705055_p0.jpg (564KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
39705055_p0.jpg
564KB, 1200x840px
Are your pokemon friends, pets, tools, or pieces of data in a handheld video game? Although the last answer is true, it earns you an automatic autism award since it shows a complete lack of imaginative ability to enjoy anything.
>>
Watch tamashii's pokemon anniversary video. Im sure that sums it up for alot of people
>>
>>26376810
>No links
>>
>>26376810
I think that sums it up for exactly no one
>>
>>26376810
>watch tamashii

no
>>
THEY ARE MY FRIENDS
>>
In the game

Trusted parnters

In real life

Data

I'm not autistic enough to believe they are real animals.
>>
>>26376873
>>26376873
this tbhfam
>>
File: 1463522585024.png (326KB, 700x660px) Image search: [Google]
1463522585024.png
326KB, 700x660px
Inb4 edgy answers and buzzwords cause vp is full of manchidren with no imagination
>>
>>26376873
what this guy said
>>
>>26376785
Friends! I've been playing the games since I was a kid and am too far gone to think of them realistically. It's why I'll also get my ass handed to me online forever.
>>
File: 52059117_p5.jpg (28KB, 484x448px) Image search: [Google]
52059117_p5.jpg
28KB, 484x448px
they are my waifus
>>
There was a time when i was a little kid and i desperately wanted pokemon to be real. I dreamed of catching pokemon and imaging a weedle or Rattata as my starter. I watched the anime everyday. I wonder why i didn't turn full autist and have pokewaifus?
>>
>>26378311
I was the same, but for me they were always companions which is why I guess I never got the waifuism. Pokegirls were a whole different story although now that I've grown up I'm much more partial to Pokemoms.
>>
>>26376785
I want to view them as friends form an in-game perspective, but I've always found that their collectible status works against that.

Being stored in capsules, the arbitrary 6-carry limit, and the objective to complete one's Pokedex has always made them seem more like tools.

If a Pokemon game could be developed without Pokeballs, where capturing wasn't the goal, but where interacting with the Pokemon themselves was made priority, that might make it seem more natural. Basically the mystery Dungeon series, I guess. Or where you still play as a trainer, but with just one or very few Pokemon on your team throughout the game. Wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, obviously.
>>
>>26376785
All of the above?
>>
MY FRIENDS
>>
>>26376785
Depending on the scope of the people who has played any game, it can represent different things, depending on that person's experiences with it. Like reading a book, watching a movie or playing any game, if you inmerse enough, you can feel whatever the author wants you to feel.

Plot-wise, clearly the authors want you to feel Pokemon as friends. But you, as an observer can agree or not with this vision of that fictitious world

Data, sets of ordered numbers, are the media this stories are conveyed. Pokemon are no more data than any other book is inked paper.

I felt the need to sperg a little, it's fun.
>>
pets, especially since amie
>>
Well, some are tools to conplete the pokedex the first 7 boxes or so of my pc are filled with those. Some are pets, these would be most of the pokes I use in multiplayer I see that as fun exercise for them. Then some are friends those that have helped me a lot throughout my journeys, my Scizor, and gallade comes to mind te Gallade started off as a male Ralts in Emerald but now it is in my Alpha Sapphire after almost 10 years. While Scizor was the first poke I traine for competitive but now I use it to help me catch pokemon with False Swipe.

Damn I am an autist
>>
>>26376785
Wives.
>>
>>26376785
Waifus.
>>
File: lilligant_by_kizarin-d5eh4bl.png (366KB, 1300x1500px) Image search: [Google]
lilligant_by_kizarin-d5eh4bl.png
366KB, 1300x1500px
>>26376785
companions, friends also stresskillers
>>
>>26382609
That's so fucking cute man
>>
>>26378786
>If a Pokemon game could be developed without Pokeballs, where capturing wasn't the goal, but where interacting with the Pokemon themselves was made priority
aka pokemon ranger
>>
>>26382975
well in pokemon conquest you must "Link" with your pokemon, i think its something like Taming from World Of warcraft. So npc can have own pokemon but they dont need to have pokeballs for them (look emma and her espurr).

So if you are able to tame animals, you are able to tame pokemon.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 700x693px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 700x693px
I'd have Pokemon as more than friends, they'd be family.

I'd be lame and give em my last name too...
>>
Friendly bump, I'm interested in other people's opinion
>>
>>26376785
Another RPG party.
>>
File: Hall of Fame X.jpg (50KB, 663x412px) Image search: [Google]
Hall of Fame X.jpg
50KB, 663x412px
>>26376785
I like to imagine them as partners (while knowing full well they are pieces of data). If pokemon were real I could only really see myself catching and keeping pokemon if they I knew they were happy with the whole trainer-pokemon dynamic. I also asume boxing pokemon or keeping them in pokeballs is a nice thing to do for a pokemon. Something that pokemon themselves enjoy just as much as actually being out and about with a trainer. In that world I like to think my pokemon battle and work with me by choice and out of mutual respect.

That said, what >>26382609 said is about right. There are pokes I catch for dex completion or collectability (shinies, legendaries, breeding projects, event mons, etc) who are practically in the box the entire time I have them. There are pokemon I only use in battles because they are especially bred for them.

But THEN there are also those few mons who I've depended on to get me through the game, defeated evil teams with and became champion with. These I see as friends for life. My characters accomplishments in the game are just as much their accomplishments and I give them all the full treatment when the post game is done. That's why I'll always have a bunch of mons with sub-par abilities, IV's and natures who are still fully decked out to level 100 with thought-out movesets, EV training and personal nicknames.
>>
>>26376785
They're not friends, they're family
>>
>>26378311
Because your peak interest was when you were an innocent little kid, not a impressionable pubescent horny preteen
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.