[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best region design in the main series >isn't predictable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: Shin'ou_Region.jpg (172KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
Shin'ou_Region.jpg
172KB, 800x557px
Best region design in the main series

>isn't predictable and straightforward like BW
>split by Mt Coronet
>has towns without gyms and other optional places to go to
>>
`Yes, we all love SInnoh as a region
>>
>>26375287
>towns without gyms
>a good thing

you mean those towns were you either have to do something really tedious or simply visit them once because you have to and then never again?
>>
>>26375287
Every region except Kanto has towns without Gyms. Johto has 8 Gyms and 12 towns, for instance.

Mount Coronet splitting the region is not a plus, it made it more tedious.
>>
>>26375287
>feels the need to shit on gen 5 for no reason
every time
>>
>>26375912
>for no reason
The region structure is the very worst in the series. It is LITERALLY a hexagon with a tail. Why do Unovabortions get so fucking defensive? We've already established that you're the majority of /vp/, be happy with that and let people shit on your precious game when its relevant.
>>
>>26375937
>Why do Unovabortions get so fucking defensive?
You might want to take a step back and realize you're the one who attacked Unova in your OP, and I didn't even get defensive. I was just pointing something out. Why do you fags always get so furious at the slightest thought of Unova? Where did Unova touch you?
>>
I remember this board had a problem with Mt. Coronet.
>>
>>26375287
it was kind of a clusterfuck
>>
Mt. Coronet can be annoying, but I like how the entire region centres around it. There's a lot of thought put into Hoenn to make it work cohesively.
>>
>>26375960
>I was just pointing something out
You entitled millenial fucks are just the worst.
>>
>>26375960
I'm not the OP you idiot, hence the numbers of replies and posters after we've both now posted twice. You absolutely did get defensive, you're crying about completely fair criticism for no reason. You literally got upset at the mere mention of a region.
>>
>>26375287
>Scrolling down
>I see this sinnoh post glorifying Sinnoh
>"If not bait it's a legit sinnohfetus thread"
>See that they shit on Unova
>They call everything that opposses them a unovabortion
>Ok, It's a sinnohfetus thread

Here we go again.
>>
>>26375883
>what is lavender town
And yeah, more proof that gen 4 is the best gen
>>
>>26376048
Just calm the fuck down, jesus christ. I prefer Sinnoh to Unova as well but going ape shit at the mention of it is retarded

>>26376067
>You absolutely did get defensive
So saying "every time" is defensive? Making an observation about gen threads is defensive?
>you're crying about completely fair criticism for no reason
When? Have you read the thread yet?
>>
>>26376210
>So saying "every time" is defensive? Making an observation about gen threads is defensive?
Getting upset at a criticism of something you clearly like with addressing the criticism at all and just being angry that people disagree with you is 100% being defensive.
>When? Have you read the thread yet?
I don't know what you're implying. There isn't a single post in the thread that addresses how Sinnoh was much better than Unova when it comes to not being functionally a straight line.
>>
>>26376273
>I don't know what you're implying
I can tell, considering what you're saying is completely irrelevant to my points. You definitely need to take a good read ITT again.
>>
>>26376194
How is that proof?

Forgot Kanto had 10 towns, not 9. Technically 11 if you include the league.
>>
>>26375728
You take that shit taste elsewhere. Solaceon town was the comfiest fucking place. I remember when I first started transferring pokemon en masse from Emerald and I'd be there 24/7 breeding my days away. The town and routes surrounding it were seemingly built for having you recklessly ride your bike through it all. Made hatching so much more fun and quick.

>>26376011
In the end I appreciate Mt. Coronet for being so tedious. But I'm a sucker for caves. You walked through a different part of Coronet every time you progressed further and each part was seemingly big enough on its own. But when you really had to buckle down and trek through every nook and cranny was fun.

Sinnoh was fun in regards to the actual traveling.
>>
>>26376339
How about you just state how I'm wrong? I've read the thread already.
>>
>>26376352
Your post was unrelated. Not everything is about you.
>>
>>26376210
anon don't waste your time, sinnohfags are retards and this thread is proof of it
>>
Sinnohfags are the worst

Can't we just appreciate Sinnoh without going fucking apeshit at the mention of other regions?
>>
A huge problem with Sinnoh is how many HMs you need to traverse it. Especially Mt. Coronet.
Rock Climb, Defog, come on
>>
>>26375287
>>isn't predictable and straightforward like BW
Unova's cities were still far more interesting than Sinnoh's.
>>
>>26375287
Sinnoh is easily the worst region in the series next to Kanto.

>navigation is a chore
>half the map literally consists of boring caves
>ugly cities
>unremarkable landmarks
>forgettable characters
>not particularly high on the variety scale in comparison to some other regions barring Kanto

I'll take Unova and its linearity ten times over that shit.
>>
>>26378123
Johto is easily the worst region in the series next to Kanto.

>navigation is a chore
>half the map literally consists of boring caves
>ugly cities
>unremarkable landmarks
>forgettable characters
>not particularly high on the variety scale in comparison to some other regions barring Kanto

Was Sinnoh to Hoenn as Johto was to Kanto? Barring the whole two regions in one game gimmick, of course.
>>
>>26378226
Parroting my points about Sinnoh and applying it to Johto isn't going to change the fact that Sinnoh is garbage, and I don't think most people would agree with your notion that Johto had bad cities, unremarkable landmarks or forgettable characters anyway.
>>
>>26375287
I thought nobody agreed with me. All the caves in sinnoh were actually fun.
>>
Sinnoh made the exploration enjoyable. Yes, it was tedious at times, but it needed to simulate the feeling instead of bowing down at your feet and making exploration a cakewalk. There's a balance to it, and Sinnoh struck it nicely
>>
>>26380146
Spamming repels just to prevent yourself from being constantly interrupted in largely dull-looking environments isn't a "simulation" of exploration, it's just plain tedium.
>>
>>26380383
That's something you're having to do in any Route in any Pokémon game.

I'm talking people whining about stuff like Rock Climb and Defog. Is it really that difficult to have that? Like, do you really think you'll need that sixth Pokémon to capture Giratina?
>>
>>26375960
Considering the thread is about the best regions in the franchise and Unova happens to be the worst one it's fitting to throw it out even for comparision sake
>>
>worst HMs in the series
>the main region is generic as fuck rock
>the two areas that change it up, the bog/snow areas, slow the game down to a crawl
>diverse areas shoehorned into the post game small island
>mount coronett is fucking terrible, huge, and is straight in the middle demanding multiple visits

nah, fuck sinnoh
>>
>>26375287
Sinnoh and Hoenn are the two God tier regions in the franchise.

I feel what made them so strong in restrospect was the focus on a geographical theme (mountains, sea) rather than a cultural one (American, French). It's going to be interesting to see which route Sun and Moon takes, but given how much the trailers advertise it being "totally Hawaiian" I'm expecting a budget version of Hoenn.
>>
To be quite honest Sinnoh has:
>geographically the best region
>comfiest music/classiest town
>funniest rival (with best analysis i.e. relations with father and dialogues)
>a good starter trio
>an attractive champion
>a subjective cool postgame with e (THREE) areas to exolore, strong trainers and things to do.
Everything else is ok, but I might have missed something.
>>
>>26381619
Unova and Kalos felt like they were made with a tourist's understanding of the two countries.
>>
File: you.png (182KB, 721x231px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
182KB, 721x231px
>>26375287

>a nightmare of HMs
>need a HM slave to properly explore it
>best

Sinnoh isn't that good.

>>26381619

Hoenn is worst though
>>
>>26381638
wrong, hoenn is the best

inb4 muh water
>>
>>26375287

>Best region design in the main series
I might agree.
>isn't predictable and straightforward like BW
Sinnoh felt predictable to me though. I'm a 5th gen tard and I love Unova, however I can agree that the routes in BW were linear.
>split by Mt Coronet
I love Sinnoh, but the region being split by Coronet can fuck itself. I disliked traversing through the caves.
>has towns without gyms and other optional places to go to
Same for Hoenn. Same for Unova, though more out of the way. Kalos also had tons of towns without gyms, but felt more linear.
>>
>>26381644

Ironically, the water routes is the least of it's problems. Mainland Hoenn isn't that great either, except for Meteor falls and that route with constant rain.
>>
HM's are really the only thing that cripple it.

It has objectively the best starters
>>
Is Gen IV essential pokekino?
>>
>>26381676
>route 113
>mt. pyre
>sealed chamber
>the dive HM as a whole
>town variety with places like fortree and sootopolis
>shoel cave changing with time

and as you mentioned, meteor falls and the rainforest routes
>>
>>26375287
which cave giritina lives?
>>
>>26381715
nah, gen 5

diamond and pearl taint gen 4

there are no bad gen 5 games
>>
>>26381726
Turnback Cave

>>26381715
Absolutely essential. You can see how they grew from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. Sinnoh was the culmination.

Unova was a soft reboot that went against previous gen's design philosophies.
>>
>>26381715
>Platinum
>HGSS
definitely
>>
File: pokemon trinity.png (632KB, 1012x927px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon trinity.png
632KB, 1012x927px
>>26381715
if by gen 4 you mean HG/SS, absolutely
>>
To lazy to image so have a shitty right angle text triangle
E\
Pt-BW
>>
>>26381832
HGSS are only good when viewed through nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>26381914
Long, long time ago, before gen 5 and gen 6 came in to shit on my favorite franchise, gen 2 used to be my least favorite gen. But HGSS was just so fucking good it made me singlehandedly like Johto and its games.

So please kindly fuck off with your "nostalgia" argument.
>>
>>26381914
I didn't even play crystal till 2010, HG/SS is awesome
>>
Being split by Mt Coronet was great. Having to constantly go through different sections of it to get to your next destination gives you a sense of how big it is, then during the climax of the game you finally get to scale it. It was really cool.
>>
>>26376048
>millenial

If you aren't a millennial and playing Pokemon kill yourself. This isn't just generational rivalry here - being Generation X and playing Pokemon means you were a manchild in the fucking 90s. You're literally fucking Chris Chan.

It's been twenty fucking years you delusional asshole. Fuck right off.
>>
>>26381942
I could say the same for Platinum. HGSS were incredibly disappointing follow ups to it, with a dull, tiny region, a post game copy pasted from Platinum, and a considerable portion of the dex locked away behind RNG or stuck in Kanto. Don't even get me started on the retarded weekly events, most of which were only available for a few hours per week.
It's not all bad, but it everything it does well was already done better by Platinum.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.