[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people dislike Serperior? I feel like it's lumped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: serperior_by_sailorclef-d4i7ouq.png (294KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
serperior_by_sailorclef-d4i7ouq.png
294KB, 600x597px
Why do people dislike Serperior? I feel like it's lumped with the other two Gen 5 starters way too much and people just automatically call it shit because it's Gen 5.
>>
I just hate the face and weird ears. It's not even the smugness to it. It's just... I dunno, something about how it's drawn really bugs me.
>>
>>26368847
>I feel like it's lumped with the other two Gen 5 starters way too much and people just automatically call it shit because it's Gen 5
No. Fuck off. I was a grassfag through and through up until Serperior. No fucking moves in a game littered with other grass types, flying types and the golden age of bug types.

I do not like to have to use Coil x2, Glare every fucking wild encounter just so I could level him up. Terrible terrible movepool.

Restarted and picked up Tepig, never went back.
>>
It's their loss. How can you pass up Contrary Leaf Storm with STAB?
>>
Indeed Regal as fuck and unlike Emboar and Samuwott it can easily pull off the look being male or female.

.....Also Coil snivy was fun desu.
>>
>>26368861
Yeah like this was accessible in-game. I wasn't even released until like last year.
>>
>>26368859
I'm talking about design-wise here.
>>
>>26368859
>>26368873
Also why so hostile, anon? Having a bad day?
>>
>>26368878
Because the OP implied that Serperior is the ONLY good gen 5 starter.
>>
Because why bother with Serperior in a game with 10/10 Grass types like Lilligant, Whimsicott, and Leavanny. It's kinda shit without its HA too.

I like both of the other Unova starters more myself.
>>
>>26368861
It's truly the best combination. I wish Serperior had more coverage moves though.
>>
>>26368859
I beat 80% of BW only with Serperior.
>>
>>26368859
Wow, you unironically suck at pokemon. I blazed through both BW1 and BW2 with Serp. status + leech seed + bulk ruined every team in the game, even matchups where it ouright loses could be won by cushioning switch-ins to another mon while the target is crippled. Also:
>needing to grind your starter
>ever
>>
>>26368886
OP here, I was under the impression that the general opinion on /vp/ was that Gen 5 had the worst starters, I don't really dislike them myself.

I'm a little jaded at Emboar because I feel like Tepig could have turned out much better, but it's still okay. I actually really like Samurott but I can understand why people wouldn't.
>>
>>26368926
>>26368931
It's not a matter of skill but a matter of tedium. I went through GSC with Chikorita, and I CAN go through BW with Snivy but I'd rather not stall at every fucking battle when I have a completely new dex to explore.
>>
>>26368847
No legs.

Treecko without legs.
>>
>>26368942
serperior usually 2 shots mons, its nowhere near that bad in game.
>>
>>26368975
I guarantee if Serperior was fire-themed it would be popular as fuck.
>>
>lumped with the other two Gen 5 starters
As opposed to being lumped woth any other starters? They're from the same generation.
>>
>>26368980
Charizard without legs or wings.
>>
>>26368847
because it's a shitty vorefag furbait, consider suicide for unironically liking it
>>
>>26369002
So I take it your favorite Pokemon is Voltorb then? People sexualize pretty much every Pokemon around here, I don't see why I shouldn't like something just because some degenerate wanks to it.
>>
You didn't specify if design or competitive wise, dummy.

>>26368859
This was my general feeling towards it, because GameFreak made it so shit, I can't even.

It's like they knew from the start they were going to give it Contrary, so they made it as shitty as possible to avoid overdoing it once that came out.

Samurott felt worse, but at least it had Ice moves and whatnot.

Emboar was the "best" of them, but that's not saying much.

As a group they really, really suck. They were like three fucking Chikoritas in that sense.

Design wise, Serperior was flawless, and Emboar was nice. Samurott... Well let's not go there.
>>
What are good coverage moves for a contrary SpA+Spe Serperior?
Right now I have Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Toxic, and Gastro Acid.
>>
>>26369034
Yeah, my bad. I did here:
>>26368873
>>
What are good coverage moves for a contrary SpA+Spe Serperior?
Right now I have Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Toxic, and Gastro Acid.
I'm thinking Iron Tail or Aqua Tail.
>>
>>26369031
yes because you're clearly one of degenerates yourself
>>
>>26369046
Dragon Pulse and maybe Hidden Power if it has a decent one.
>>
>>26369099
Why is that? Because I like a Pokemon's design? You didn't answer my question, what's your favorite Pokemon anon?
>>
>>26369065
>>26369046
Didn't mean to post twice.

>>26369100
I'm autistic and need my pokemon to have 6IVs regardless of whether they need all 6IVs, so its Hidden Power would be dark. Dragon Pulse sounds good though.
>>
>>26368847
You're right, it shouldn't be lumped with them.

Emboar and Samurott are much better.
>>
>>26369139
>samurott
>better
>>
>>26369128
It definitely needs HP Fire, dude.
Otherwise you're walled hard by any steel out there.
>>
>>26368847
It's covered in weird yellow stickers, and has those shitty-looking ears. Also it's in the same game as the superior options Whimsicott, Lilligant, Amoonguss, Leavanny, Sawsbuck, and Ferrothorn. Easily the worst Gen V starter.
>>
How's Serperior been doing now that it has Contrary? And yes, I've already heard the negatives like:
>One trick pony with leaf storm
>Bravest Bird exists
But hey, it's still in OU right?
>>
>>26370271
>It's covered in beautiful, flowing, golden patterns, and has that regal crown atop his magnificent head. Also it vastly outclasses inferior 'mons such as Whimsicott, Lilligant, Amoonguss, Leavanny, Sawsbuck, and Ferrothorn. Easily the greatest starter to ever bless humanity with its existence.

Fix'd

>>26370315
It's hard to stop if you can send it in on something that it can oneshot, but Serperior doesn't have the base stats to overcome most matchups until after you get off a boost. So you either shit on their entire team or have a wasted slot.
>>
>>26370391
>vastly outclasses
this is what serperiorfags believe, stay delusional
>>
>>26368847
Shit stats
Shit moves
>>
File: 1430849290674.png (215KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1430849290674.png
215KB, 800x700px
I prefer the otter/Sea lion
>>
>>26368847
Because it got a retarded ass stat distribution like all the Gen 5 starters.

Except Serperior is objectively the best looking/designed of the three.

Despite this I like all the Gen 5 starters.

I like Emboar the best though.
>>
>>26369031
voltorb is a ball, that could be sexualized
>>
>>26370646
Anal beads
>>
>>26368847
its nose is too pointy
>>
>>26368847
I like Serperior a lot, he's got a good design. But I played back through Black recently and good god is his movepool terrible in game. Especially on the special side.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.