[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Darkrai not being evil a retcon in Platinum for consistency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 491Darkrai[1].png (767KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
491Darkrai[1].png
767KB, 1280x1280px
Was Darkrai not being evil a retcon in Platinum for consistency with the anime?

The text about it having no control over its powers and not meaning to hurt anyone wasn't present in DP and was only added in Platinum.
>>
>>26359926
Evil in Mystery Dungeon
Neutral Chaos in the rest
>>
>>26359926
What was its story in D/P then?

I don't remember it being malacious or anything, and the stuff added in Platinum fits with what happened in D/P.
>>
>Darkrai in the anime
Chaotic Good (just wants to help)
>Darkrai in the main games
Chaotic Neutral (just wants you to fuck off)
>Darkrai in the side games
Chaotic Evil (just wants to fuck you over)
>>
>>26360639
There are multiple Darkrai in the anime. The one in the movie is clearly good, while the Newmoon Darkrai, Tobias's Darkrai, the Darkrai from the Klefki short, and the Darkrai from the XYZ arc are all neutral entities.

So yeah, Darkrai is only evil in the side games. Most of the time it's just a neutral wild mon like most others.
>>
itt: people forgetting the heavy implications that Darkrai murdered a little girl, her family, and her Abra in the Lunar Wing sidequest in B2W2.
>>
>>26361771
Did you forget that he didn't made things in purpose. That's why he was sended to newmoon island so he wouldn't suffer triying to help.
>>
>>26362198
Except that it's also implied that he came to the girl in her nightmare as her father, to tell her to let go, so that she'd die before Cresselia could get there to ward him off.

Seems like an AWFULLY specific defense mechanism.

And it's not necessarily the same Darkrai from Newmoon Island, either.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.