/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me your honest opinions /vp/, will sun and moon be good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Give me your honest opinions /vp/, will sun and moon be good? I remember getting Y at release and I thought it was garbage, skipped OR/AS which I heard was also shit. I want to be excited for sun and moon but I can't.
>>
>>26358390
gen 6 is pretty good, but newfags gotta try fit in, so they'll say it's shit.

Learn to have your own opinions.

>Inb4 (you)
>Inb4 bait
>>
>>26358408
Honestly not trying to bait or shitpost, really felt dissapointed by gen 6. I liked quite a lot of the pokemon designs actually but the region and gameplay felt shallow to me.
>>
>>26358390

If you're standards are so fucked up that you thought XY was "garbage," I can't imagine what you would possibly like. XY was far from perfect, certainly not the best game in the series, and hell, maybe even a below-average Pokemon game. But whatever flaws it has, it's still a solid, totally playable game, and if your honest opinion was that it was "garbage," I can't imagine any future game living up to your absurd expectations. Probably just time for you to quit the series.
>>
>>26358435
The gampleay is the same as before but with more stuff.
>>
>>26358390
>getting Y at release and I thought it was garbage, skipped OR/AS which I heard was also shit.
So fuck off with your shit taste, no one wants to see you here
>>
>>26358451
I really enjoyed pokemon black and white 1, I remember feeling the region was really cool even if I didn't care for its designs. I haven't replayed it though so maybe my view would change. I think the last mainline game I loved was soul silver which I thought was fantastic.
>>
XY was amazing. I haven't played since gen 2, got into gen 6 and it blew me away.
FYI ORAS was shit, I played it and I didn't enjoy it at all.
I am looking forward to SM, can't wait to see the new designs and the new look. I also agree with other anons, get your own opinion and then you can talk about the games, fagot.
>>
File: 1457118408381.png (198KB, 372x528px) Image search: [Google]
1457118408381.png
198KB, 372x528px
>>26358408
Honestly, when you've been playing the games for decades, it's pretty hard to tell if you're just growing tired of the series as a whole or if it's actually getting worse .
>>
>>26358571
OP, this is what I worry about. I honestly am not trying to bait and wanted to know if you guys thought sun and moon will be like gen 6. I admit now my OP post is maybe more harsh then I actually feel but gen 6 really felt dissapointing to me. It made me think pokemon might not be for me which I hope isn't the case as I feel like it's a great series.
>>
Don't know. They completely shat the bed with ORAS and that broke sales records for some stupid reason. I fear for the future.
>>
>>26358628
>and that broke sales records for some stupid reason
I blame the "Hoen confirmed" maymay
>>
I have not played ORAS. Is this ORAS hate just a meme or is it serious? What is actually bad about it?
>>
I played about halfway through X before stopping because I didn't like it. I also didn't really see much I liked in the info we got before hand, though.

I'm hyped as fuck for SM. It looks great so far IMO, I didn't like XY's Pokemon designs but SM's look good, the region looks comfy. I'm excited.

Give it a little more time to reveal more info and judge for yourself then.
>>
They'll be better than Gen 6 but not as good as 5.
>>
>>26358705
Serious. I outright skipped the game because they didn't include Emerald elements. Why? Because they were lazy.
>>
I'm excited for new Pokemon designs. That's all I really want from these games. The adventure and side mechanics are icing on the cake.
>>
XY and by extension ORAS had a few decent innovations. The move to 3d was pretty solid on its own but there are a lot of little things that were nice touches. Streamlined breeding, EV training, etc.

They also had a bunch of faults, too. So do most games though.That said, Gen 6 was essentially a beta generation for the 3DS.

Sun and Moon should be fine. I'm sure people will nitpick, because we all do that from time to time. But if you're interested in the games, give them a shot.
>>
>>26358705
I rushed through the single player because I wanted to start battling with others so I'm not sure if what people hate so much is somewhere in the single player or is it just that there's no battle frontier.
The mirage places, secret bases and the dexnav radar app to look for rare items and hidden abilities are neat.
>>
>>26358705
Since hg/ss included elements of crystal, people expected elements of emerald to be in, which the majority weren't. The most notable one is the battle frontier, along with stuff like gym leader rematches, mirage tower, etc.

The new gameplay elements were fun, but get overshadowed by the weak story stuff, like the delta thing being pretty boring.

It was mostly the battle frontier thing tho
>>
>>26358705
I'm playing it right now, all the garbage decisions that were made when it was first released is still in this game. If you had no problems with the original then I guess you won't have so many problems with this, but I find it to be one of the worst games in the series.

Most of the time it feels like it was unecesarry to have it in 3D, as the level design and camera angle is for the most time just like the original.

The plot is hardly changed at all, and you can notice when it's changed because the presentation and writing is completely different. Sometimes it's all stale and unemotional like the original, other times the characters spring to life in weird ways.

And again, the last couple of gyms is still torture. It's not just too much water, you basically need two HM slaves with you all the time.

The good parts is that the fast-paced 3D combat from X and Y is still around and that Mawile is finally playable.
>>
File: 1410887984642.jpg (55KB, 712x472px) Image search: [Google]
1410887984642.jpg
55KB, 712x472px
>>26358390
My gut feeling was right for every game in the last three gens, but it's still a bunch of bullshit based on how I felt about the initial trailer/what they focused on showing early on, so take it with several grains of salt.

What I'm feeling about these games is four things: Monster design will be better than last gen, praised as one of the best gens in that regard, gameplay will be interesting, amazing region with lots of things to do etc. and on-par with BW2, the games will stutter like hell, even worse than X/Y did with sub-30 fps drops everywhere and finally the story will be bland if not outright shit.

I decided to skip X/Y on announcement, these feel like proper Pokemon games again and got me hyped.
>>
>>26358705
Also the music
>>
>>26358705
I liked it for the most part. My big problem is they hold your hand through the whole thing. You have to backtrack 10 minutes? Nevermind they teleport you. Don't have a flying type to use fly? They straight up gift you a Mega Lati@s with a flute that lets you fly without even having to have it in your team.
>>
Honestly, you're probably just getting tired of it OP. My first Pokemon game was pearl and I rented it on gamefly and sent it back after forgetting to save after six hours. Then, I got white 2 some time later and never finished it. When X and Y came out, the approachability of it and aesthetics got me fully into Pokemon. Sure, it was my first real attempt at a Pokemon entry so that's why I really liked it but still it was solid. After ORAS I was so into Pokemon I was collecting tcg cards and playing online. What I'm trying to say is maybe the magic is just lost on you after all these years. That's just what it seems like to me as a relatively new Pokemon fan.
>>
>>26358390

How the fuck would we be able to determine if S&M are going to be good yet? We've seen all of 6 confirmed pokemon and small snippets of gameplay footage. If you're forming an opinion of how the game will be off of that, you need to fuck off.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.