[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to finish my shiny Vivillon collection via trading. Still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: _vivillons.jpg (1MB, 3193x2248px) Image search: [Google]
_vivillons.jpg
1MB, 3193x2248px
Want to finish my shiny Vivillon collection via trading.
Still need Tundra, Modern, Marine, Archipelago, River, and Savanah.
I'm still interested in other forms, especially those in matching balls, good stats ect.
Offering shinys/ legends
>>
I have native rivers but no shiny. Was thinking about trying to breed one though
>>
>>26313976
Is that...are those Vivillons being displayed like dead butterflies in a glass case?

That's...brilliant.
>>
>>26314139
Yeah, its a shadow box I made myself.
>>
>>26314088
I've got extras of other forms, mainly icy snow.
also garden, meadow, continental, and fancy
>>
>>26313976
I have a legit Savanah, but it's in a normal pokeball, and brave nature and shit status.
>>
>>26314314
I'm interested if you want to trade. is there a pokemon you want? I have various shinies, and legends
>>
>>26314374
Nothing in top of my mind right now
>>
>>26314451
Would you trade it for a shiny icy snow, modest in a poke ball? likely random stats
>>
I have some Modern, Polar, Continental, Elegant and my native is High Plains, I am sti trying to complete the collection, if you have more spare Vivillons to trade lemme know
>>
>>26314514
Sure, that's fine but it needs to be Compound Eyes because I use it to farm heart scales
>>
>>26314217
D-do you mind if i post my actual moth collection?
>>
File: _DSC0294.jpg (868KB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC0294.jpg
868KB, 3872x2592px
>>26314562
>>26314574
I'm adding you both
Wender, I've got a bashful w/ compound eyes if that's cool
Omar, I'll trade with you next and we can compare
>>
>>26314594
Not at all, I'd love to see them , I've got a few beetles myself.
>>
File: Saturniid drawer.png (2MB, 898x886px) Image search: [Google]
Saturniid drawer.png
2MB, 898x886px
>>26314664
Awesome.
sorry for the shitty pic. only one i had on my computer atm.
this is about 3 years of breeding, catching wild specimens, and buying from local collectors.
all of them are spread and pinned by me,
the Vivillon idea is really neat.
>>
File: butter lowres.jpg (1014KB, 1972x1200px) Image search: [Google]
butter lowres.jpg
1014KB, 1972x1200px
>>26314744
Oh cool, that's a beautiful collection.
I'm really hoping for a fucking luna moth Pokemon this gen.
I have made wings of all the other butterfly pokemon, just looking for the right size shadow box to get started.
>>
>>26314217
That is awesome. Nice job mate.
>>
>>26314562
Hey I'm good to trade now if you could add me please
>>
>>26314744
>collecting insects

God damn, that takes me back. Out of curiosity, how does one get into breeding moths?

>>26313976
What exactly is in the case? Did you make paper Vivillon?

Also

>tfw missing plenty of standard Vivillon, let alone the shinies

Life truly is suffering, isn't it?
>>
question. If you breed vivillon, will the offspring have the same pattern as their parents?
>>
>>26314894
I made the wings in photoshop, then printed them on cardstock and cut them out, made bodies from sculpy III and wire for the antenna. there's a pin though the body of each that sticks it to the board like a tack.
>>
>>26314946
Ah, that makes sense. Did you use the in game textures, or recreate them?
>>
>>26314941
The vivillon offspring will be the host game's form. regardless of either parents' forms
>>
>>26314810
thanks m8
>>26314894
its a lot simpler than it sounds.
>go outside at night for awhile
>check gas station lights/street lights/ set up your own light(preferably a blacklight)
>find moth(silk moths are easiest to raise)
>if it's a female and you found it at a light, congrats its pregnant, put it in a bag and wait for it to lay eggs
>raise the caterpillars on a host plant, and make posts online through social media to see if anybody nearby wants to buy or trade eggs/caterpillars
>when moths of two different bloodlines emerge from the cocoon, make them have sex.
congrats. you are a moth breeder.
>>
>>26314989
I drew a template using the sandstorm pattern's dots to plot the grid
>>
>>26314854
Sure, sorry I had to go to the store real quick.
Adding you now
>>
>>26314993
dang, that's what I figured. thanks for the info.

Aren't they based on region? Can't you technically just change your 3DS's region and they'll change? I mean, I assume once it's set for a game, it's set, but would it reset if you started the game over with a different region set maybe?
>>
>>26315003
>if it's a female

How do you sex them? Is it apparent by the abdomen and wings?

Also, how well do they deal with changes in temperature? Living in an apartment and at the whim of a 100 year old radiator.
>>
>>26315081
Exactly, you can change your region but it only make a difference before you start a new game.
Also, the 3ds is region locked and with my North American 3DS I can't set my region to a place that generates certain forms (Meadow, Savanah, Monsoon, Tundra, Elegant, and, Arcipelago)
>>
File: malefemale.jpg (110KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
malefemale.jpg
110KB, 1000x604px
>>26315094
the main way to sex a moth is the antennae
females have more slender ones, males have huge bushy ones.
females generally have very large abdomens as well, but that's not always the case.
as for temperature, ive always kept them in my garage. they ARE animals so outside temperatures shouldn't bother them if you keep them on a shelf or something in your backyard/shed/balcony or whatever.
it's a fun little hobby that gives me something to do in my off time.
>>
>>26315094
also the reason it's guaranteed preggers is because a female moth will almost never fly until it's mated, they'll visit lights and different trees to find a spot to lay eggs.
i generally will only catch a male if i plan on pinning it or i have a female i've had recently emerge back home.
Sorry to high jack your thread with moth info OP
>>
>>26314854
Don't know what happened OP, now it appears that you're offline
>>
>>26315077
Sorry, I'm only interested in shiny Vivillon, I have plenty of every form, on that note if anyone needs to finish their normal Vivillon collection, I need box space.
>>
File: IMAG0891.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0891.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
>>26315335
Well sure! I want to finish mine if you dont mind :D
>>
>>26315335
>>26315389
Im still Omar btw
>>
File: moths w beautifly.jpg (2MB, 3202x1624px) Image search: [Google]
moths w beautifly.jpg
2MB, 3202x1624px
bump
>>
>>26315335
If you're just giving them away, I need a Fancy to complete my collection.
If you're not, I have a shiny Scatterbug that I got from Wondertrade and never evolved.
>>
>>26315772
Regular or shiny?
>>
>>26315772
I've added you, I've got a shiny fancy for your scatterbug
>>
>>26315850
>>26315927
Wasn't that event shiny locked?
>>
>>26315962
Yeah, it's definitely hacked, if you want a legit one I've got one of those too
>>
>>26315991
I'll take the legit looking one.
>>
>>26315991
I'll take the legit looking one.
And if this isn't what you want, as soon as I've got a shiny Hondedge, I can start on a Modern Scatterbug.
>>
>>26316018
it is legit, it's from my sister's game from the event a couple years back.
Thanks!
>>
>>26316036
I just evolved it and it ended up modern form.
So that just leaves Tundra, Marine, Archipelago, River, and Sun
>>
>>26316130
Bump
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.