[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, boys, it's time to nerf this fucking type. Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

File: fairy.jpg (34KB, 481x288px) Image search: [Google]
fairy.jpg
34KB, 481x288px
Alright, boys, it's time to nerf this fucking type. Gen VII is coming up and this is out last opportunity for the next 3-5 years to fix this shit. The only reason why Fairy doesn't dominate everything right now is that it doesn't have enough powerful Pokemon in its ranks, but it's only a matter of time.

>No longer resists Bug
>Ice resist its attacks
And the big one.

>Only resists Dragon, not immune
>>
>>26309467
>wanting Dragon to be the best type AGAIN
>>
File: scraft.png (111KB, 499x630px) Image search: [Google]
scraft.png
111KB, 499x630px
Make it SE against anything other than Fighting.
>>
>>26309481
Fairy in its current state has the potential to become more overpowered than Dragon ever was. Dragon from an offensive point of view was never too powerful, it was just the Pokemon who had the type had great stats. Now, Dragon is on par with Normal. That shit ain't right.
>>
>>26309467
>>No longer resists Bug
>>Ice resist its attacks
These are good, but we should keep the Dragon immunity and add a weakness(I'd say Psychic)
>>
Fairy is fine as it is. I don't think it needs to change.
>>
>>26309467
weak to fire, weak to ice, resisted by ice, remain immune to dragon.
>>
>>26309481
Not if you buff Ice.
>>
>no longer resists Bug

Will make Bug slightly more usable as an attacking type

>no longer super-effective against Dragon

Dragon immunity is probably needed, but having it be SE in return hurts Ice's niche

>resisted by Psychic

Fairy could use an offensive need and Psychic could use a defensive buff. Also it makes sense thematically.

So far as I can see, no other change needs to happen.
>>
>>26309467
It will be weak to Cosmic type, and it will be not very effect against Sound type.
>>
It needs a weakness to an actual common attacking type.
A type that actually has commonly used 100+ BP moves.
It's absolutely retarded that it gets an immunity and only 2 weakness.
Something should be immune to it at the very least.
Make Grass immune to it.
>>
Either
A) Grass resist Fairy
B) Fairy doesn't resist Bug
>>
>>26309656
>weak to fire

>Making BOTH of the types that resist Dragon weak to Fire when nearly every fucking Dragon type learns a Fire-type attack
>>
>>26309517
>Dragon was never too powerful.

Is that a joke?
It was required to have a bulky steel on hand JUST to tank outrage
>>
File: 024Arbok[1].png (175KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
024Arbok[1].png
175KB, 431x431px
Fairy is fine.

What we need are better Poison-types.

Nearly every team already had a Steel-type, so making Fairy weak to them was fine, but they failed to give Poison any meaningful buffs other than Toxic never missing when used by them.

People would use Steel-types whether Fairy existed or not, but Poison-types still suck.
>>
>>26309775
Gunk shot needs higher distribution.
Gunk shot should also be nevermiss when used by a poison type.

Secondly, 2 weakness is WAY too fucking low for a pokemon that gets an immunity and great STAB. Fairy NEEDS another weakness. It is one 530+ BST mon away from being broken.
>>
>>26309685
this and

>>26309704
what about something like Electric?
>>
>>26309467
Resists Ghost instead of Bug, Ghost so far is only resisted by one type and is kept in check by every ghost falling into one of these categories:
>only has one gimmick that it does mediocre at best
>is named gengar, giratina or aegislash
>is just a worse version of one of the above
>is an unusable shitmon

Sure, it doesn't need a nerf, but this is mostly to make the type chart congruent, and fairy resisting ghost makes more sense than steel doing so anyway.

Also make it weak to/resisted by one of the following:
>Psychic
>Grass
>Ice

I hesitate to but Bug on this list because fuck U-turn and because there isn't much reason yo expect them to turn a resistance into a weakness, poison and bug notwithstanding
>>
>>26309732
The Dragon type itself (as in its relations on the type chart) wasn't that powerful, it was the moves and individual Pokemon that were. Fairy is currently the opposite. It is by far the best overall type.
>>
Just make grass immune to fairy since fairies won't harm nature. Now we've buffed grass a bit and have a check to fairies.
>>
>>26309467
>>26309467

>Fairy no longer resists bug
>Ice resists fairy
>toxic spikes now deal 12% to fairies on switch in

there, fairy is now balanced.
>>
>>26309820
So, electric needs a nerf too then? One immunity, cannot be Twaved, amazing stab.
>>
>>26309829
>Not that powerful

It had neutral damage to EVERY single type except steel.
It was OP as fuck before fairies
>>
File: Doragons.png (11KB, 258x239px) Image search: [Google]
Doragons.png
11KB, 258x239px
>>26309481
>being this stupid

Dragon wasn't the best type to begin with.It was probably one of the worst types.It was nerfed in Gen 6,because most Dragon-type pokemon had the best stats.5/7 pseudo-legendaries are dragons.Most legendaries from Gen 4 ownwards are dragons too.

>>26309517
This one.

Fairies are super annoying.Xernias is by far the worst tho.
>Geomancy + Power Herb
>Keep spamming moonblast/dazzling gleam

Anyways,here's my idea:

>Dark is super effective.
>Ice becomes super effective
>Resists dragon,not immune
>Fire becomes immune to fairy.
>>
>>26309934
This is the most retarded thing I have read today.
>>
>>26309934
*onwards
>>
>>26309927
electric isn't immune to anything you diarrhea devourer
>>
>>26309934
>wasting your own time posting unfunny joke suggestions

wouldn't it be a better use of yout time to kill yourself?
>>
>>26309927
Low BP or highly inaccurate moves.
Usually bad movepools.
Resisted by common types
Electric pokemon lack recovery
Weakness to the strongest attacking type.
Electric is probably the most balanced type.

Fairy is immune to one of the strongest offensive types and its only two weakness are very shitty offensive typings.
>>
>>26309467
I love trolling people who only use badass manly pokemon.
>>
>>26309481
When will this meme stop?
It's plain average without high base stats and a good movepool.
>>
File: EGG.jpg (260KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
EGG.jpg
260KB, 500x434px
>muh almighty powerful dragons
Stay mad, butthurt dragon autists. It's your fault for sucking so much dragon dick over the years.
>>
>>26309965
>taking into account movepools and moves of Electric and then talking about only the weaknesses/resistances of Fairy

most Fairies also have shitty movepools dude, that's why there's like 3 that are even OU

also,
>Fairy is immune to one of the strongest offensive typings and its only two weaknesses are very shitty offensive typings
THAT'S THE POINT
>>
>>26309467
I can understand weakness to steel and poison since fairies, in mythology, have a weakness to those. However, fairies are also easily influenced and corruptible. A little part of me wishes Fairy and Dark were SE against each other.
>>
>>26310073
It would be a cool type relationship, but Dark shouldn't get another offensive buff unless they nerf Knock Off.
>>
>>26309732
What the fuck is your point? It is now required to have a rapid spinner and a whirlwinder. It's also now required to have a mega on your team. So fucking what?
>>
>>26309467
Stay mad dragonfag, hope they nerf dragons to ice/rock level
>>
>>26309891
Vileplume, Roserade and Victreebell will be pretty nice against them
>>
File: 1442024262212.png (186KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1442024262212.png
186KB, 600x600px
>mfw this thread
>>
Weak to Normal
Resisted by Normal
Resists Grass
Grass is immune to Fairy

Normal now is basically fully balanced (weak to, SE against, Immune to, and does nothing against 1 type each, and is resisted by 2 types)

Grass now gets a boost, especially all those Grass/Poisons.
Resisted by Grass to show the symbiotic nature between Fairies and Grass types. Also, most Fairies are Sp.Defensive and most Grass types are Sp.Offensive BUT rely on status move anyway, so its not a huge nerf to them and a tiny buff to Fairy to counter-act the nerfs above.
>>
File: 1380300580631.png (35KB, 340x311px) Image search: [Google]
1380300580631.png
35KB, 340x311px
>>26310159

I understand why Dragons got a kick to the head, but what did my boys Scrafty and Pangoro do to deserve this?
>>
>>26310100
One move shouldn't disqualify it.
To play devil's advocate, Scald is OP but Water doesn't need any changes.
>>
File: 1443738694657.jpg (49KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1443738694657.jpg
49KB, 458x438px
>>26310201
>half the fucking typing chart now resists grass types
Nigga
>>
File: Sylveon posts it again.png (87KB, 961x371px) Image search: [Google]
Sylveon posts it again.png
87KB, 961x371px
>>26310159
pic related
>>26310201
This ones pretty good.
We're all gun ho to obliterate Fairy's usefulness but these matchup changes give a nice balance. Normal moves see more use than people think, and would help bolster offensive mono-Normal mons.
Grass being immune increases their walling capabilities, too, and like they said, Grass types use status moves more than attacking ones.
I wouldn't mind Ice resisting Fairy, too, but that may be too much.
>>
>>26310229
>Water doesn't need any changes
Masuda fuck off.
>>
Remove bug resistance
Add fire weakness
Make Ice and Grass resist it
>>
>>26309467
>Only resists Dragon, not immune
>unironically wanting button spam to return
kys
>>
>>26310229
Dark types got buffed this gen because of knock off and no longer being resistant to steel. I've also heard many wanting to nerf scald as well
>>
File: klefki_is_happy.png (84KB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
klefki_is_happy.png
84KB, 330x186px
Dragon faggots are so fucking butthurt lmao

GF isn't nerfing Fairy type any time soon. Keep crying, your tears sustain us fae folk.
>>
>>26310241
>Attacking with Grass in the first place
Leech Seed, Spore, all those powder moves, Ingrain, Synthesis, Aromatherapy, Cotton Guard, Spiky Shield and Worry Seed not good enough for you?

If its too much, I honestly don't mind omitting the Grass resist for Fairy, I love Grass types too
>>
>>26310285
Oh shit I almost forgot it resisted Bug for no reason.
Getting rid of that should be first priority.
>>
>>26310343
Offense grass types exist too, y'know.
And they've been getting dicked by GF for 20 years. They don't need you joining in on the gangbang.
>>
File: Dark weaknesses.png (556KB, 1501x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Dark weaknesses.png
556KB, 1501x1339px
>>26309934
>Dark is super effective.

>wanting to make Knock Off even more spammable

Also, the whole idea is that Fighting, Bug, and Fairy are the "heroic" types and Dark is the "Evil" type (which is what it's actually called in Japan, though they're not "evil" as in malicious, just pragmatic). Good prevailing over evil, light prevailing over darkness, etc. Bug's connection is a bit loose, but bugs are commonly associated with superheroes in Japan (see: Kamen Rider).
>>
>>26310375
So fairy type pokémon winning over dark is like one of my magical girl animes right?
>>
File: 1441848992566.gif (427KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1441848992566.gif
427KB, 200x198px
>>26310201
> buffing mega kanga
>>
>>26310229

Dark being weak to Fairy was the trade-off for Steel losing its resistance to it.

Dark-type moves are more spammable than ever now, and Dark-type Pokemon don't really care about the extra weakness, as much of them are glass cannons anyway.
>>
>>26309467
You guys are all fucking stupid. Changes to fairy will be NEVER EVER but even if there ever was a change, the ones you keep suggesting are bad and only serve to make whatever favorite type you have become stronger while the rest suffer even harder, especially the biased hateboner you guys have for the fairy type.
This is how you actually balance the type chart somewhat.

>Fairy SE against Dragon, Fighting and Dark/ weak against Steel, Poison and Psychic/ Resists Fighting, Dark/Resisted by Steel, Poison, Fire and Psychic/Immune to Dragon/Blocked by Grass
>Poison SE against Grass, Fairy and Water/weak against Ground, Psychic/Resists Fighting, Poison, Bug, Grass and Fairy/Resisted by Ground, Psychic, Ghost and Poison/Blocked by Steel
>Ice SE against Grass, Ground, Flying, Dragon/weak against Fighting, Rock, Fire, Steel/Resists Water, Flying, Ground and Dragon/ Resisted by Fire, Steel
>Grass SE against Water, Rock and Ground/weak against Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying and Bug/ Resists Water, Ground, Rock, Fighting/ Resisted by Fire, Ice, Poison, Grass and Steel/Immune to Fairy
This buffs Poison, Ice, Grass and Psychic somewhat while finally bringing both Water and Fairy down with an added weakness. Dragon type isn't a weak type at all, it has 4 fucking resists and against the elemental types and only 3 weaknesses. It's still resisted by only z few types.
>>
>>26309467
Make bug resist fairy. And also be weak to fire. Immunity to dragons are fine I guess.
>>
>>26310229
Oh no I got burned! If only there was moves like heal bell and aromatherapy. Losing a fucking item for the entire battle from an attack stronger than scald? Much worse.
>>
Introduce a new type, the Alien type. It's the only way.
Alien would resist Ghost, Psychic, Dragon and will be immune to Fairy. It's also be supereffective against those types.
I'll be weak to Fighting, Bug, Poison, and other Aliens. It'll be resisted by Fighting, Bug, Poison, Steel, and will have no effect on the Normal type.

But that'll never happen.
>>
>>26310104
>It is now required to have a rapid spinner and a whirlwinder. It's also now required to have a mega on your team.

No, it isn't.
>>
>>26310402
>Buffing every other average Normal mon
Yes, and? Do people often use Fairies to attempt to wall M-Kanga?
>>
>Steel immune to Fairy
>Fighting/Dark weak against Steel

Have you gone mad? Steel is already one of the best types and buffed it further.
>>
>>26310398

Yes, exactly.

Fighting = Shonen heroes.
Bug = Kamen Riders.
Fairy = Magical girls.
Dark = The villains.
>>
>>26310433
>Weak to fire
Oh okay. Let's buff something that needs no buffs and completely neuter fairy, which isn't even top tier.

Weak to bug would be the best.
>>
>>26310445

The whole point of Normal is that it's the most basic type.

>Weak against one type (Fighting)
>Immune to one type that is also immune to it (Ghost)
>Resisted by two types (Rock and Steel)
>Strong against nothing
>>
>>26310052
Most electrics have shitty move pools too. With only dual types like rotom and thundurus having decent ones. Pure electric types besides manectric and electivire typically just learn electric and normal moves and almost always have had to run HP ice for coverage.
>>
>>26310514
Its hardly basic if it either has
>Any type matchups at all
>doesn't have at least 1 type in each off/def section (resist, immune, SE etc)

It even gained being resisted by Steel in gen 2, now its resisted by 2 types. Its hardly basic at all, its just crap.
>>
>>26310445
I suppose you have a point. But it would give safer switch-ins and more forced switch-outs for mega kanga. Less of an effect for the latter, obviously.

I'm all for buffing normal types but damn, can someone at GF fix mega mom
>>
>Making it weak to fire
Fire's already a really good typing as it is. Bug and grass should resist fairy.
>>
>>26309467
The answer is simply do not give it to many powerful mons. Having the type is itself is a great blessing.
>>
File: pac.png (130KB, 476x286px) Image search: [Google]
pac.png
130KB, 476x286px
OP is a faggot as usual but nerfing fairy is not unwarranted. Fairy types offensive prowess is pretty dumb if you look at it. Hitting fighting, dragon, and dark for x2 is amazing. There is a reason that fire types are so much more common because having a fairy resist is great. If anything poison being IMMUNE to fairy would be buffing a bad type to be more useful while nerfing a really good one.
>>
>>26310621
This.
See: Jolteon. It runs fucking signal beam as coverage
>>
>>26309820
>Gunk shot should also be nevermiss when used by a poison type.
hee hee ho ho ho
>>
>>26309467
Fairy's immunity is fine for breaking Outrages.
>>
>>26309467
I agree that it needs a small nerf, but the dragon immunity is completely fine
>>
Fairy nerf won't happen, but keep crying fags.
>>
>>26310375
Bug is because leading an improper lifestyle leaves you susceptible to infections and bug invasions, which is also the basis for some Asian myth about worms in one's stomach judging the deeds you have done in your life.
>>
>Swap Fairy's Bug resistance out for a Ghost resistance (Ghost is currently only resisted by Dark, and Gengar, Sugimori's favorite Pokemon, has Poison STAB to deal with Fairies anyway)
>Give Grass a resistance to Fairy, because fairies are often depicted as protectors/guardians of nature
>>
>when popplio gets fairy and becomes the most powerful starter of all times
honhonhon
>>
>>26309930
So is Normal OP without Ghost?
>>
i get them trying to nerf dark fighting anf dragon with fairy
im still mad they felt the need to nerf bug, an already barable usably type
like seriously fuck off gamefreak
>>
File: 1394349232457.jpg (54KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
1394349232457.jpg
54KB, 543x960px
>>26310375

>not "evil" as in malicious, just pragmatic
>>
File: stop.png (52KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
52KB, 299x299px
>People ITT seriously trying to argue Dragon wasn't overpowered as shit in gens 4 and 5
>>
>>26312439
there's also steel and rock
>>
>>26310285
This is the best one.
>>
There's a piss simple way to nerf fairy, and it doesn't involve changing fairy in any way.

Make poison SE against water.

This obviously will nerf water types' innate tankiness, and will make poison moves more desirable for coverage. And since poison usage will skyrocket, it's an indirect nerf to fairy types. Plus it makes sense from a thematic point of view.
>>
>>26312752
Just rock tips the scale, actually, as with just steel it would be on par with Dragon.
>>
You fucks have to adjust to the metagame. Run more steel and poison. Simple as that.
>>
>>26313022
Holy fucking shit this
>>
>>26312684
I feel like Dragons were a mistake from the beginning.
>>
>>26313105
Not a mistake, I love a lot of dragon types, but GF should have given more types than steel resistances to Dragon type attacks.
>>
>>26312684
Because Dragon, as a type, is not overpowered.
It's just that most Dragons tend to be pseudos or legendaries with high base stats and good movepools. When dragon types aren't that, they're usually shit. Look at Altaria for example, it wasn't very good in DP or BW, because it didn't have the high base stats of most Dragons. Flygon wasn't that great either.
>>
>>26310772
I wouldn't say Fire-types are more common. They were more common in Gen 5 with Sun being as strong as it was. heatran was going to be OU regardless, Entei can run Extreme Speed alongside Sacred Fire and Volcanion is literally Scald: the Pokemon. The only things left are Charizard, who is OU for obvious reasons and Talonflame for the same reasons. Everything else dropped,namely Victini, Chandelure, Volcarona and Infernape
>>
>>26311552
>Bug is because leading an improper lifestyle leaves you susceptible to infections and bug invasions, which is also the basis for some Asian myth about worms in one's stomach judging the deeds you have done in your life.

I thought it was just because they thought it'd be funny if some edgelords were afraid of little insects
>>
>>26310285
>Fire weakness
But nearly every Dragon type carries Fire Blast.
>>
>>26313898
incorrect
>>
>>26309467
Just have Grass be immune to Fairy. Done.
>>
>>26313076
this
most fags feel like it's obligatory to run a shitton of dragons because muh pseudo-legend stats
>>
>>26309467
Fairy isnt broken retard
>>
>>26309517
-On par with normal

Jesus, this thread is a joke lol
>>
>>26309517
Normal is the best type in the game, nigger.
>>
>>26309467

The following are all the changes that need to happen to make it balanced:

>Rock resists Fairy
>Rock resists Electric

>Ice is SE on Water
>Ice resists Flying

>Poison is SE on Bug
>Fire resists Poison(a kind of give-and-take change for the Poison type)

>Bug is Super on Fairy
>Bug resists Psychic

F I X E D
>>
>>26309467
>Faries aren't Immune to Dragons
>but as a balance Steel is now SE against Dragons
>>
>>26309488
>not just giving Scrafty Bullet "Punch"
>>
>>26312684
>eveything was sand
>eveything was weather wars
> ____ Use outrage
>_____ Used draco meteor
>>
>>26314648
>implying a non STAB 40 BP move would do jack shit
>>
>>26314648

>giving Mons moves to cover their weaknesses

This is also a problem. All Dragons having Poison or Steel moves and shit. Makes it pointless to have type differences.
>>
>>26314617
>Ice is SE on Water
lmao no
>>
>>26314666
>all dragons have poison or steel moves
Hwat
>>
>>26309704
Now i hate the word immune because it is associated with dem fairies
>>
>>26314720

Haxorus doesn't get any Fire-type other than Incinerate, and only gets Iron Tail (which has shit accuracy) and Poison Jab for coverage against fairies.

Because of Iron Tail's aforementioned shit accuracy, Poison Jab is the only reliable way Haxorus can beat Fairies.
>>
>>26309467
I love how years after its introduction, tears are still shed. Truly, bow to your fairy overlords
>>
>>26313076
Moat poison types are shitty and not in the same tier as fairies
>>
Ditch the bug resist, give it one more weakness, make good poison and steel offense more widespread
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.