[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just the fact that they scrapped those horrible XY friends/rivals/retards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: jow.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jow.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
Just the fact that they scrapped those horrible XY friends/rivals/retards and went back to the classic rival that starts the adventure with you and just wants to beat you makes me feel 1000x times better about Sun and Moon.
X and Y writing was so clunky and cheesy that I've literally seen kids roll their eyes at the game, and those retards were one of the main faults.
>>
But that guy is the Bianca/Shauna of SM. He literally picks the weaker starter.
>>
File: hoku.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hoku.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>26308883
I personally don't like him. He just seems like the Shauna of this game. He doesn't "look" like a rival to me anyways. I'm hoping he's just our first friend when we move into Alola, and the REAL rival is some asshole Hawaiian bully who picks the opposite starter of yours
>>
>>26308883
the dude's just the Shauna/Bianca of the game.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made the other gender the main rival again.
>>
File: blushing wojak.jpg (8KB, 213x255px) Image search: [Google]
blushing wojak.jpg
8KB, 213x255px
>>26308883
>delicious tan
>long hair
>genki smile
I'm in love.
>>
>>26308935
>good rival
>has to be an asshole
no anon a good rival just needs to be strong and not obnoxious
>>
>>26308883
> watches kids
>>
>>26308963
We can have both. Cheren and Bianca were perfect examples of rivals, and my favorite. One was a smug cunt, the other was a happy go lucky, friendly neighbor.

Now a BAD example of a rival, or 'rivals' is X and Y's. That was just a complete cluster fuck and cringe material to the max
>>
>wants to beat you
>chooses the weaker starter

Nope, he's shauna 2.0
>>
>>26308883
I liked the bw2 idea. You got rival that was also your friend and when times were tought he fought alongside you. In gen1 your rival was just dick to you. In gen2 he had no fucking character. In gen3 I just didn't like him even tho I got respect for mud shoting/ double kicking my whole team on way to mauville.Gen3 also started the bigger group of friends with wally. Then in gen4 they followed this trend with poul and your rival, and then gen 5 took it even more with b/w. They make it up a bit with bw2, but then again bring their shit back with cringeworthy gen6.
>>
>>26308957
I'd be so happy if they did that. I feel like having the opposite gender as your rival is just really fitting, that way they're both a part of the story. That's what I loved about Hoenn, and XY would've been better if you didn't have 3 other idiots following you around.
I just like the idea of them both being canon
>>
>>26309022
What if he deliberately wants to impose a challenge on himself?
>>
>>26309034
yeah but again it has to have more substance than Serena or fucking May that didn't even fully evolved her starter and was generally no threat at all
imo the best rival is Barry. He wasn't a dick lick Gary and had a decent team, his personality was a little off but overall he's enjoyable
I'm totally on board with having the other gender as a kickass friendly rival
>>
>>26308895
He looks like a bro, though.
>>
>>26308883
>Just the fact that they scrapped those horrible XY friends/rivals/retards and went back to the classic rival that starts the adventure with you
[citation needed]

More likely than not the opposite gender protag is also going to be your rival, so thats two of them already
>>
>>26309087
One thing ORAS actually did right was not only fully evolve your rival's starter in Lilycove, but gave them a fucking mega by the end of it.

Personally my favorite was Hugh, he had the good part Gary had going for him (challenging you at unexpected times), while being friendly, but not boot-licking friendly.
>>
>>26311292
Hughs endgame team was pretty shitty desu
>>
>>26308895
>>26308935
>>26308957

Let's digress. I rather have 1(or 3 like bw or RAGE boy in bw2) cool/shitty friend/rival instead of four boring ones who are annoying in XY.

Gimmie more Hugh and his purrloin RAGEEE
>>
You guys act like the opposite gender won't be the main rival like in XY.
>>
>>26308958
slut
>>
>>26311307
I kinda also just want them to use the BW format, one minor rival that's more support, and one major rival that's more competitive. I didn't even mind Shauna in XY because she actually did things, it was Trevor and Tierno that pissed me off.
>>
>>26309025
>Paul
>games
What you liked about Hugh is literally Barry who unlike Hugh, actually had a real team by the end of the game and was far less obnoxious because he didn't have
>MUH PURRLOIN
>I'M UNLEASHING MUH RAGE
as his main character.
>>
>>26308883
how do you even tell??

wait to play the game fucker
>>
>>26308883
>went back to the classic rival that starts the adventure with you and just wants to beat you*
*citation needed

What is it with you faggots and extrapolating the most specific theories from next to no information?
>>
>>26311341
If you havent noticed it's another thinly veiled anti-gen6fag thread, who's projecting his butthurt over every single thing XY did, be it Megas, Amie, Fairy type and now rivals.

Watch him complain about breeding being too casualized next
>>
>>26311332
At least Hugh had some motivation for his character. I mean it's not too hard to get a teenager who just want to help his sister.

His team sucks though, no objections there. But as a character he's at least somewhat relatable, even if they made it a bit too much.
>>
File: whoisdis.png (281KB, 499x311px) Image search: [Google]
whoisdis.png
281KB, 499x311px
>>
>>26311494
Oh shit nice catch anon
>>
>>26311494
There is your third rival OP

rip
>>
>>26309087
Agreed, Barry is great. He's not obnoxiously friendly or antagonistic, he has a good team throughout the game, and even gets some character development.
>>
>>26308883
What's Sawyer from the cartoon doing there?
>>
>>26309034
They're alwaysbboth canon. The one with the smallest role though are the Gen V guys, who are only Battle Subway partners.

>>26309087
Barry was rejected by his senpai and never got strong enough to face his dad in the Frontier

>>26311292
Hugh gets shit on but after Silver he's definitely the best rival
>>
>a shitskin

hohoho yes
>>
I started playing BW2 for the first time and hugh isnt a bad rival. I dont read what he says but he has strong pokemon and when I encounter him in the game there's tension like battling the older rivals
>>
>>26311494
Yui! She lives!!!!!
>>
>>26313316
Huhg is a bro rival
>>
>>26309087
Holy shit yea. Barry is by far the best rival to date and also one of the strongest (he used to be the strongest dunno if he still is)

He was your friend, definitely still your rival and had MAJOR character development. He was apart of the bigger evil team plot and fought with you and you could see him change from a crazy spazy kid to a more level headed guy through his wins and definitely his loses.

Best rival 10/10
>>
>>26312270
Frlg I don't think you ever see the other player, gsc I don't think so either, hgss you never battled them, did you ever battle the other player in sinnoh??? I know they're prof Rowans assistant but I can't remember if you fight them, bw you just use them in battle subway not the real story, bw2 you never see them I don't think?? If you do again it's not someone you battle or has much importance

Only gen 3 and 6 had other player rivals. Gen 3 was improved in oras with the megas, bigger role in the story, and the hot date; gen 6 was completely overshadowed by the 3 stooges and had no substance other than trying to beat you and failing hard
>>
>>26311330
Same, but I want the support rival to get stronger and eventually outclass the main rival, becoming your greatest competitor or even the champion
>>
File: CHqEBvjWUAEPj3X.jpg (23KB, 415x368px) Image search: [Google]
CHqEBvjWUAEPj3X.jpg
23KB, 415x368px
>>26308883

Exactly, i finally see what kind of people defending x&y so hard. LGBT and Pol, come out, its finally over, x&y sucked hard. Even the developer losing they interest in it. Good decision.
>>
>>26308958
please be in London
>>
>>26313926
Pretty sure XY rivals were never liked around here, not even in the initial release hype phase
>>
>>26308895
nah he's more like Barry
>>
>>26313830
You battles in Sinnoh. In HGSS you never battled but you were definitely canon
>>
>>26308883
>at they scrapped those horrible XY friends/rivals/retards and went back to the classic rival that starts the adventure w
He isn't the rival, in the trailers he uses the starter that is weak to yours
>>
>>26313956
back to tcg
>>
>>26313926
It's cute seeing someone clearly underage trying to fit in, but that doesn't have any bearing in the topic. Even the people who defend XY hate Tierno and friends.
>>
>>26308883
This isn't a classic rival, he literally seems like he's going to be a male Shauna. He will force you on a date just like how Shauna made you watch fireworks with her.
>>
File: Pokemon SM Rival.jpg (142KB, 506x506px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon SM Rival.jpg
142KB, 506x506px
>>26311494
Found exclusive art of this unknown girl
>>
>tfw no lewd rival
>>
File: shauna04.png (324KB, 565x720px) Image search: [Google]
shauna04.png
324KB, 565x720px
>we get that grinning monkey instead of a qt brown girl who's hungry for your dick
>people are happy with this
>>
>>26313830
bw2's other player character could also be found near/in the Battle subway
>>
>>26309072

>a rival so overconfident, he purposely gimps himself

That would be neat.
>>
File: 1463108500619.jpg (48KB, 520x288px) Image search: [Google]
1463108500619.jpg
48KB, 520x288px
>>26314924
>>
>>26314924
>grinning monkey
You take that back
>>
>>26314924
She has baggage in that she always pals around with dumb fattie and kid who never battles you.
>>
>>26308895
The final evos might have types that switch this
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.