[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your honest thoughts about N? He's kind of a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

File: N.png (32KB, 150x234px) Image search: [Google]
N.png
32KB, 150x234px
What are your honest thoughts about N?
He's kind of a meme here, so it's hard to tell what people really think.
What is the general consensus? Like or dislike?
>>
I thought he was a tragic character, and honestly one of the best, most developed characters in the series. His motivations are, if not relatable, understandable, and his character growth is palpable.

10/10 best pokemon character
>>
fujobait
>>
>>26304811
I like him, he had a lot of character to him and I actually wound up feeling bad for him when it turned out Ghetsis manipulated him his entire life. He was weird and a pretty strange guy but that was also something I enjoyed about him. Plus it was a really nice touch they made making his text speed faster than any other text in the game, even when you have it on fast. Overall he was definitely one of the better rivals/characters in general.
>>
I would fuck him.
>>
>>26304898
Seconded
>>
He wasn't half bad, if a little melodramatic. However, I found his whole shtick hard to take seriously when he essentially threw away everything that fainted.

I understand the justification is that he is basically calling up a full team out of the wild on the spot, but in practice, it makes him feel even less attached to his pokemon than Early GSC Silver. He literally throws away things that loose.
>>
I don't like him. BW story was too edgy for me and couldn't make up for the horrible pokemon desings of the region. The only good ones are like bug and grass types
>>
>>26304811
N is probably my favourite character of the franchise. He has a deep backstory (considering this is Pokémon we're talking about), a very strange personality (which is a plus in my book), he's extremely smart and his character development is fantastic. He starts out blinded by the lies he was told his entire life, and learns to be objective and care about others by interacting with the player.

He's also hot, but that's just a minor plus.
>>
>>26304898
I'd just like to hug him, that's got to fucking suck finding out you've been lied to and used your whole life by your own father.
Also I would probably date him, he seems like a really nice guy deep down.
>>
>>26304898
best husbando desu
>>
>>26304811
The worst part of Gen V, which is saying something.
>>
Loved him
>>
File: Rivalbattle.png (534KB, 784x385px) Image search: [Google]
Rivalbattle.png
534KB, 784x385px
I want a guy like him as a rival in SM
We already know GF want to have a friendly rival, but since he's taking the weak starter against yours, I was thinking that the second rival could be an non-edgy antagonist like N.

Plus, this guy's battles are really memorable, his team is always different and the final battle with the box legend in BW, along with the fights in the castle in BW2 with his team changing depending on the season are one of my favorites
>>
>>26304811
Literal furry cancer, everything plasma related is fucking afwuf
>>
>>26304811
5 years ago i was a child and i wanted hair like his lol
>>
File: 1435685072272.jpg (17KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
1435685072272.jpg
17KB, 313x286px
>>26307090
Not sure if bait or underage
>>
Best rival
Best "evil" boss
One of the best rival themes
One of the best champion theme(remember he technically is/was the champ)
Uses a freaking legend

I really enjoyed him as a character especially when you visit the old ruins of the plasma castle. So Surreal.
>>
>>26304811
>>26304898
Husbando
>>
Undermined by the entire moral dilemma he's fighting everyone over being handwaved away by the game as not a problem so the games can continue existing.

Gamefreak basically validated the accusations pokemon is slavery/cockfighting, realized how bad this was for the brand, and then had to come up with a reason it isn't.
>>
>>26304811
I honestly liked him. His character is math-based, from the name down to his music theme (Masuda blogged about its composition and it was pretty cool stuff). A neat concept, if you ask me.
>>
>>26304811
I want to rape him, gently
>>
His castle was the best final area.
>>
>>26304898
This
>>
>>26304858
>>26307161
Best villain.
His motivations were actually better than the player's. Despite what he says at the end about our bond, I know that's bullshit. The only pokemon that could be said to have "chosen" to be with me was my starter, and even that ended up in the box because Gen 5.

The ending was so good, but kind of ruined by this moral randomly imposed. The plot was great but holy shit was the mechanical dissonance jarring.You literally have to attack pokemon into a state of weakness, then paralyze or knock them out to capture them. And only after seasons of gameplayer will they actually become fond of me. I had two boxes of scraftys from trying to get a good one. I was everything wrong with the pokemon world and still am.
>>
He's no Lysandre. I can relate to a worn out bastard tired of the ugliness in the world. I can't relate to an immature, naive child who holds onto obviously flawed idealism. Especially when it's objectively wrong.
>>
>>26310023
But he's not even naive, he was actually right the whole time
>>
File: 1463108554807.png (77KB, 233x272px) Image search: [Google]
1463108554807.png
77KB, 233x272px
>>26310133
Except he literally isn't.
>>
>>26304858
pretty much this
>>
File: 20160513_130032.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160513_130032.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
N is great and I wish I could hotglue my figure of him.
>>
>>26304811
He's a shithead, one of the worst villains in the series. Not evil enough, I like beating up evil people. Moral grayness doesn't make for a fun or interesting bad guy, it just makes me lose interest. I want a clear fight between good and evil, not good and slightly less good.
>>
>>26304858
I didn't relate with him, I thought he was a faggot nancy-boy.
>>
>>26310500
>autism
I can't believe people actually want Disney plots. I know it's a kids game primarily but come on.
>>
>>26310548
Well, I don't want something different, and I sure as hell don't want to see things form the villain's point of view or feel sorry for them, or whatever. I want to hate the bad guy for the scum they are. I want to strike down evil!

You call it a Disney Plot (as if that were an insult, lol, Disney's got the right idea most of the time), I call it an Adventure!
>>
>>26310746
You're exactly the kind of person that team galactic would recruit
>>
>>26304811
SheSeemed cute. Loved her plotlines, and I really wanted to give her a hug
>>
File: 1447372501838.jpg (77KB, 600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1447372501838.jpg
77KB, 600x801px
Pretty good character that also gave lots of fujobucks to Nintendo, but then they fucked up when Gamefreak went full waifu pandering/started to just don't give a fuck.
>>
burgle durgle spurgle muracle boomboom
>>
File: a sprite for ants.gif (7KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
a sprite for ants.gif
7KB, 80x80px
N isn't just shit.
Gen V was complete and utter trash.
Every 12 seconds, if you advance your PC just a smidgen toward the same direction as the story line, 12 NPCs flock from nowhere to hand hold you. God forbid you go, "Naw, I'm just going to go grind for a bit", no, fuck you. You're going to do the main story line and you're going to do it right now. Any hint of independent thought on your part is punished. Even gen 3 wasn't this fucking worried that you'll go off the rails.

Fuck every NPC who stood and monologued at me, killing my interest level for this game. The only, and I mean the ONLY redeeming aspect about the game, was this character's sprite. It summed up everything about her character in an endearing 6 second animation. Too bad they took a waffle iron to her character when she stops your progress every 20 minutes or so just to exposite banal bullshit.

Fuck Gen V and fuck whoever decided that handcuffing the player is the same as handholding them.
>>
N is the best champion hands down.
>>
>>26304811
Spoiled shithead.
>>
>N/Team Plasma was right!
Way to not pay attention from day one of the franchise
The reason wild Pokemon appear to humans in tall grass etc. instead of running the fuck away like most real life animals is because they are looking for a fight so they can prove their strength, or looking for a worthy human companion to train them to become stronger.
>>
File: 1399227447568.jpg (404KB, 600x847px) Image search: [Google]
1399227447568.jpg
404KB, 600x847px
>>26310903
If you're gonna go that way, at least post a decent one.
>>
>>26313513
>(You)
>>
>>26313834
That shit started in gen IV.
Before that most people mentioned that it would be dangerous to go into tall grass unprepared.
>>
>>26313834
>Be Pokemon
>Oh shit, a human!
>Better appear to him, I want to be worthy so it will train me to be the best!
>Human dose nothing
>Human has no pokemon
>Meh, guess I'll go piss off then
So, if I have no pokemon, no pokemon will appear?
>>
>>26313513(you)
>>
>>26314215
I dunno, this pic is the 2nd best, though.
Truly THE BEST one is this: https://i.imgur.com/ORTwIYh.jpg
>>
File: xppopergjij.jpg (95KB, 800x730px) Image search: [Google]
xppopergjij.jpg
95KB, 800x730px
>>26304898
same
>>
boom
>>
>>26310746
Dude, 18+.
>>
>>26315495
Thanks anon, I'm now vomitting bleach.
>>
He's a bit of whackjob, but I thought he was fun. It was nice to have an antagonist that wasn't entirely evil for a change.
>>
I never noticed until now but N's pendant or whatever the fuck sort of looks like Solgaleo's tail
>>
>>26317360
>Wanting good vs evil black and white morality makes you a kid.
>>
>>26317389
stop being gay
>>
I want to put him in a dress, and fuck him while he cries that he's my princess
>>
>>26304811
Single-handedly ruined gen 5.
He also looks like he smells.
>>
>>26317389
Oh, don't thank me, but thank shylous for that!
https://i.imgur.com/2UEai1r.jpg

for the record, only good one
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-14+at+12.51.14).png (46KB, 163x138px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-14+at+12.51.14).png
46KB, 163x138px
>>26304898
me too anon
>>
>>26315312
And it still fucking is in gen 4 and beyond. Wild Pokemon can and will attack humans as well. But Pokemon being confrontational, competitive and loving to battle as well as enjoying working with human partners has been there since the early days
>>
He's legit my favorite Pokemon character.
>>
Look at the way he stands. What a pusscake.

Also he's a PETA moron.

Everything about this guy is lame as fuck
>>
>>26307090

...is this for real
>>
>>26304811
Best character of the franchise.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.