[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People freak the fuck out over Fire/Fighting starter(s) >They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1455580006263.png (209KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1455580006263.png
209KB, 510x346px
>People freak the fuck out over Fire/Fighting starter(s)
>They're perfectly fine with them being Grass,Fire, and Water every single time though

Can somebody explain this hypocrisy to me please?
>>
>>26298698
Fire/Fighting haters are probably Chesnaughtfags. Don't pay attention to them, for they're cancer.
>>
The starters being Grass/Fire/Water types is established tradition. Secondary types help starters from different gens stand out from each other. See what happens when three starters in a row are Fire/Fighting?
>>
>>26298698
It's /vp/.
>>
>>26298736
Why can't Fire/Fighting be a tradition too?
>>
>>26298698
I think you're misunderstanding. The whole point of the starter typing is that it's supposed to be like a rock, paper, scissor kind of thing. Grass, water, and fire seem to be the best combination.

The interesting part is that most of their final evos involve a secondary type which makes for interesting scenarios. Fire/Fighting has been used too much when much more interesting types couldve been used with Fire
>>
>>26298755
It's more limiting of a tradition, and boring after a while. The main typings of the starters will never change because 1) it makes for good tutorial on type matchups for new players 2) no other type triangle is as neat as Grass/Fire/Water for that purpose.
>>
>>26298755

Can you justify why it should be?
>>
>>26298698
>i fail to understand what secondary typing are
>>
Because fire/water/grass acts as a tutorial for the rock-paper-scissors mechanics, and the secondary typings they get later act as an advanced tutorial
>>
>>26298887
That doesn't explain why Fire/Fighting is a bad thing.

>>26298809
No more limiting than the same three base types every time.
>>
>>26298755
It limits the design concepts for the fire starters and locks them as one type while Grass/Water have different secondary typings.
>>
>>26298698
>I'm a gigantic retard

Well I mean, you don't have to be so apparent about it.
>>
>>26298922
There's no need for this level of vitriol, friend.
>>
>>26298897
Fire/Fighting is not a bad thing, its just that we're tired of that that same dual typing applied to the fire starter everytime. The water and grass starters get different typings but the fire keeps getting the same one which is no fun
>>
>>26298698

I don't know?....maybe. They want the Pokémon starters to be second type be something completely different?

I don't know?
>>
Maybe a Psychic/Dark/Fighting , Rock/Fighting/Flying , or Fairy/Steel/Fighting trio would be cool.
>>
>>26298991

Or worse, we get a fire/fighting starter and the other two remain mono-types. That was honestly the worst part of gen 5.
>>
>>26298897
It is literally more limiting.
>>
>>26298809
Flying/Fighting/Rock works too. But yeah, it doesn't mean anything when we are already in gen 7.
>>
>>26301618
The shitty starters aren't even close to the worst part of that terrible generation.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.