[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we start the typing speculation for these yet? For the Sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (3MB, 2000x890px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2000x890px
Can we start the typing speculation for these yet?

For the Sun one I'd guess Fire/Electric or even Fire/Psychic

As for the Moon one, I'd say Dark/Fairy

What about you guys?
>>
Fire and water
>>
>>26296738
Light/Cosmic
Evil/Cosmic
>>
Fire/Electric

Fairy/Ghost

Thread's over.
>>
>>26296738

Fire/Electric

Fairy/Ghost
>>
Pure Fire & Dark/Fairy
>>
>>26296756
/end thread
>>
Solgaleo: some combination of Fire, Psychic, and Electric
Lunaala: some combination of Dark, Fairy, Psychic, Flying, and Ghost
>>
Daycat: Fire/Fairy
Nightbat: Dark/Psychic
>>
>>26296756
wut?

new types were only introduced when the metagames felt unfairly and unbalanced for certain types and both players and the game designers realized that. steel and dark types were introduced to counter the overwhelming psychic types and fairy was only introduced to counter the dragons

now that it' finally all balanced out, why would they introduce a fucking new type? wtf
>>
>>26296738
Sun will be any combination of fire and electric.
Maybe fairy, break the idea of "fairys are all pink or cute"
Fairy fire/electric would be awesome

Moon, since its always flying, makes me think itll be ghost so it can levitate.
That said, how about ghost-psychic
>>
File: uu.webm (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uu.webm
352KB, 1920x1080px
This literally confirms that Solgaleo is part fire.
Just look at his signature move
>>
File: white liger.jpg (32KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
white liger.jpg
32KB, 500x476px
>>26296738
Sun god will be Fire/Steel

Calling it.
>>
>>26296850
>"fairies are all pink or cute"
Xernes comes to my mind as a mold breaker, but I get where you're coming from

You know, somewhat it's hard for me to see the Moon one as flying type, though it has wings. It's a wild guess but something tells me that Game Freak designed them as one of those pokémon whose types cancel one another, like yeah Fire/Fairy yeah, but Dark/Fairy
>>
>Sun

Most likely Fire/Steel based on appearence. Fire/Grass is anothe rpossibility, but aesthetically it seems disconnected.

>Moon

Any combination of Ghost, Dark, Fairy and/or Flying is guaranteed.
>>
Solgaleo: Probably Fire/Fairy

Lunaala: Any combination of Ghost, Dark, and Psychic
>>
>>26296982
>Fire/Grass is anothe rpossibility
how did you get that at all?
>>
>>26296947
This would be my guess. With the spikes around the face/mane and the indents on the arms and legs I would be very surprised if it's not a fire/steel type. It could also be fire/rock though since It has a Terrakion feel to the lower body.
>>
>>26296738
Normal/Fire and Ghost/Flying
>>
>>26297118
>normal/fire
this seems solid desu
>>
>>26296738
Fire steel and fairy dark or ghost
>>
Solgaleo is Fire/???

Pick one: Elcectric, Fairy, Steel, Psychic, or new type (probably Cosmic)

Lunaala is going to be some kind of combination of Fairy, Ghost, Dark, Psychic, Ice, Flying or a new type which like stated above would probably be Cosmic
>>
>>26296738
Fire/Electric
Fairy/Ghost

Would be my guess
>>
>>26297160
This everything else is stupid
>>
Man, those are really hard to choose from, hope they release their types/special abilities soon.

I suppose I'm more tempted to Moon.
>>
you guys have to much wishful thinking. the typing isn't going to be outlandish.

Psychic/Fire

Psychic/Flying
>>
File: 1459476498254.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459476498254.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
I believe it might be something like this:

>Fire/Fairy - Sun is plasma. Plasma = fire. and who said Fairies couldn't be badass
>Lunala: Dark or Ice/Fairy - Moon is dark/cold. It would most likely have a Fairy combination so that it can be similar to Solgaleo. (kind of like Zekrom and Reshiram being Fire|Electric/Dragon)
>>
Has fire/electric been done? Mite b kool
>>
>>26297266
>>26297118
Too many Psychics as is, and look at how skeltal moonbat is
>>
>>26297276

Fairy makes far more sense for Lunaala than it does for Solgaleo, given Fairy-type's incredibly strong connection to the Moon.
>>
>>26296738
Fire/Fairy
Water/Dark
>>
>>26297168
Moongirl is going to be Dark with Wonder Guard.
>>
I have a strong feeling that Solgaleo will be Fire/Fairy, Fire/new type, or pure Fire.

Lunaala strikes me as Psychic/Dark type.
>>
>>26297294
I wouldn't put it past them to continue making more psychic legendaries. not at all.
>>
>>26296955
>Xernes comes to my mind as a mold breaker
Actually my girlfriemd said the antler colours were really cute and beautiful, so she picked X based on that, but i also see what you are talking about.

Maybe you are righf, but its hard for me to imagine a flying thing that cant land, just the ginie, do you know what i mea ?
>>
>>26297350
I think it would be silly for these guys to be, at least both, Psychic though. Oh well.
>>
>>26297038

Grass types have the second highest amount of sun-based powers.
>>
>>26297300
Fairy =/= Moon type. People just assume this because of Moonblast and Clefairy's line. If that was the case, plants would be both Sun and Moon types.

Also this wouldn't be the first time that Pokémon are or aren't capable of learning certain moves due to lore or aesthetic reasons, despite being that type or not. You could have Lunaala learn Moonblast even though it isn't a Fairy type, or Solgaleo not learning it despite being a Fairy.
>>
>>26296738
>White Pyroar
>not mono Fire
>>
>>26296738
Fire/Electric

Ghost/Fairy
>>
>>26297414
yeah it would be very silly, but its exactly what they would do.
>>
>add cosmic type
>clefable gets retyped again

wew
>>
People assume fairy=MOON because of a move and the clefairy line? Go back to sleep.
Fairies and their lore have alwas been intertwined with the night and the moon throughout myths and such.
>>
>>26297637
I'm ok with this.
>>
>>26297493

>Fairy =/= Moon type. People just assume this because of Moonblast and Clefairy's line.

You forgot the Azumarill line.
>>
>>26296756
>light
There's already psychic. Evil and cosmic are dumb types.
>>
>>26296738
moonbat is going to be dark/fairy
the lion is hard as fuck to place for me. it's obviously going to be fire one half, but i have no clue what the other would be. i could see electric, grass, rock, fighting, fuckin dragon maybe...
>>
>>26296763
Gold accents doesn't mean electric.
>>
Lions are most active at night though.
>>
>>26296756
>Evil
Are you from Japan, anon? It's called Dark type over here.
>>
>>26296919
Solgaleo
>Sol

Ayup
>>
>>26297456
Plants absorb light from the sun. Solgaleo is a manifestation of the sun not a manifestation created from a plant that used the Suns rays.
>>
>>26297660
Faeries have also been connected to the Sun and Fire as well, what is your point.

Fairy fits the Sun as well as the Moon.
>>
>>26297722
sauce for that?
>>
>>26297812
>Faeries have also been connected to the Sun and Fire as well
>Fire type is resistant agains Fairy type moves

Not in the pokémon universe, anon
>>
Guys, what if the sun lion is not Fire typed?

I know, it’ seems obvious, the Sun is a giant ball of fire after all. But it didn’t use any moves in the trailer. And maybe the Sun and Moon inspiration is more mythological than astrophysical.

Just like nobody expects the moon bat being Rock typed just because the moon is made of rock.
>>
>>26297843
>Fire resists Fairy, therefore it cannot be associated with it.

Tell that to all the dragon types that resist move types they use or are part.
>>
>>26297903
Did you see its signature move?

It's fire.
>>
>>26297824
What do you mean, sauce?
It's typical cat behaviour. Most cats hunt at night, and lions are no exception.
>>
>>26297699
Evil type already exists, its just renamed outside of japan.

People who think they will add new types like cosmic for the sake of legends are dumb though, fairy works because it can be applied to several things, but cosmic is just dumb.
>>
>>26297944
Actually, I didnt.

Never mind then.
>>
>>26297493
>>26297690
And moonlight
>>
>>26297717
The Sun is a ball of fire and plasma, you moron.
>>
fire/dragon
water/dragon
>>
Even though it doesn't strike me as fairy and that'd be two gens of fairy legends that don't look fairt, I hope it is because it would be a shame if it didn't get STAB moonblasts. I guess it could be like Groudon and get moon related fairy stuff despite not actually being fairy anyway but still.
>>
>>26300761
Fire IS plasma
>>
Fire/Fairy
Dark/Fairy
>>
>>26300919
But Team Plasma has an electric motif...
>>
File: SM.png (30KB, 752x352px) Image search: [Google]
SM.png
30KB, 752x352px
>>26296738
Solgaleo
Dragon / Normal
Ability : Solar Mane - Opposing Pokemon's moves cost 2 PP to use and are unable to eat Berries while this Pokemon is on the field.

Lunaala
Dragon / Flying
Ability : Lunar Wings - User's Accuracy and Defense cannot be lowered

I'm still upset about Turboblaze and Terravolt JUST being Mold Breakers
>>
>>26296738

The only real consensus we can reach is fire for Solgaleo and Dark for Lunaala, since that would make sense for both the theme of the games and their designs, no matter what we're pretty much in the dark with their secondary typing

Lunaala's ornamental shenanigans might suggest fairy, but I don't think there's any real point speculating that now
>>
>>26301653

>The only real consensus we can reach is fire for Solgaleo and *Fairy for Lunaala
>>
>>26296738
Fire/Sound and Cosmic/Flying

Screencap this.
>>
I'm gonna say Fire and Fairy/Flying
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.