[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the mechanised poke-ball Magearna fit into the Alola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon-Magearna-2.jpg (152KB, 453x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Magearna-2.jpg
152KB, 453x600px
How does the mechanised poke-ball Magearna fit into the Alola lore vp? Haven't seen many people talk about it compared to the other gen 7 pokemon...
>>
>>26290190
We don't know yet.
My theory? Unova military base experiment.
>>
File: 1463042056042.jpg (502KB, 1000x1167px) Image search: [Google]
1463042056042.jpg
502KB, 1000x1167px
>>26290190
I saw someone else on here comment that Solgaleo and Lunalaa also look potentially manmade, so maybe all three will fit into an experiments gone wrong story line. I would enjoy a story around scientists medaling going badly (like Mewtwo) instead of another forced team.
>>
>>26290190
I don't think it'll really fit with the 7th gen lore, it's an AZOTH thing. Unless AZ some sort of connection with Alola of course.
Remember Manaphy ? It starred in a gen3 movie, and doesn't connect with gen4 lore, except for that picture in the rich dude's mansion in DPPt.
>>
>>26290483
>Remember Manaphy ? It starred in a gen3 movie, and doesn't connect with gen4 lore, except for that picture in the rich dude's mansion in DPPt.

This. Same applies to Victini.

Magearna is the first robot Pokemon, and it can create organic life. That's seems like a pretty self-contained mythos, unless it helped Alola to flourish.
>>
>>26290190
Manaphy isn't really connected to Sinnoh despite being a Gen 4 pokémon
Hoopa is more connected to Hoenn than to Kalos despite being a Gen 6 pokémon
The musketeers and genies are more french and japanese than any other legendaries, and yet they're from Unova

Magearna is probably going to be something similar
>>
>>26290190
How does the mexican duck fit into Hoenn
How does the muskeeters fit into Unova
How does the luchador bird fit into Kalos
>>
>>26290591
>How does the muskeeters fit into Unova

Nothing speaks to them being native to Unova. They just showed up after fire broke out on the Moor Of Icarus. Add to that, Keldeo ran off to an undisclosed location after being trained by the trio.

They're just a roaming band of heroes.

>How does the mexican duck fit into Hoenn
>How does the luchador bird fit into Kalos

Idunnolol
>>
did regice in hoenn made more sense?
an ice type in a, mainly, tropical warm region

not really, but they did it anyway
>>
>>26290752
>tropical warm region

I feel like people project way too much onto Hoenn. It's not the tropical paradise it was BASED on. Not until Gen 5 did we really get a region that is wholly/largely evocative of its theme.

Hoenn has 'tropical' areas, but they're mostly on the coast. Once you get more inland, that peeters off. Surely you'll point to Tropius and Lotad, but a few mons don't string together a theme effecitvely.
>>
Given that Litten has some alchemy going on, we're probably going to visit that Azoth Kingdom somehow. I mean, we don't know who was against Kalos in the war, Azoth is mentioned in ORAS and, according to the movie, this bitch is from the Azoth Kingdom, so it's not too far-fetched.
>>
What if it's yet another anime original that will never appear in games? Can you imagine how bootyblaster we'd all be?
>>
>>26290885
I doubt it. I think it's pure lore. Not foreshadowing or anything
>>
>>26290932
>yet another anime original

Yeah man, like......
>>
>>26290730
>Nothing speaks to them being native to Unova
then they should have showed up in Kalos, when you know, they would actually fit
>>
>>26291099
You're a spreadsheeting autist if you think every gen has to restrict itself based on the fictional geology of the games.

There's a reason you get mexican ducks in Hoenn, or Luchador birds in France. The same reason the first 4 gens didn't exclusively have 'japanese' styled Pokemon.

Do you also complain about the RS protags moving from Johto? I mean, why don't we just play through Johto as May?! That's the only thing that makes sense to my one track brain.
>>
>>26290190
>Implying Pokemon have to fit a region's theme or lore.

Reminder that we got a Luchador in France.
>>
>>26291160
Tfw mix up geology with geography

While still being more on the ball than this other idiot.
>>
>>26291160
>has to restrict itself based on the fictional geology of the games.

nobody said that you retard, i simply said that Kalos being based on France would have been a more appropriate homeland to the Muskeeter Pokemon than some random Kanto legends
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.