[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe I'm just too hyped but I seriously feel like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

Maybe I'm just too hyped but I seriously feel like this is going to be the game of the saga
First thing: it's the 20th anniversary, the marketing strategy is very VERY different from XY
We're 4 months in and we only know the new starters (which, imo, are a lot more characterized than the last two batches [god damn it unova starters])
We know that customization is back
We know that the new graphic is a step up
The region is surely gonna be interesting, I mean they've gotta be working on it for years since XY and ORAS were bluntly a beta of the 7th gen.

I don't know guys do you think GF is gonna redeem itself? Am I too delusional?
>>
I want to believe, but past experience has taught me otherwise
>>
>>26288361
Wait untill we'll see and know more. XY and ORAS seemed crazy good for the entire promo run
>>
It has potential to be almost as good as Gen 5. Lets hope.
>>
I personally feel it will probably have some drawbacks. GameFreak takes awhile to optimize stuff and aren't the most efficient about it.

I'm sure they'll make a good effort in moving the series forward, however.
>>
>>26288361
You know the 3d camera thing will be only in the first town right?
>>
>>26288394
Exactly!
And since it's on the same system as the previous gen (like Gen 5) I have a bit of hope that the story can be somewhat just as good as BW
>>
Yeah, I see what you're saying. The way I picture it is this:
>X and Y were to bring a sizable install base to the 3DS and introduce Pokemon to true 3D
>ORAS were remakes, tried-and-true, since fans are always clamoring for nostalgic retreads of regions
>Pokemon GO is genwun-pandering for the 20th anniversary
All of these games had very clear marketing purposes and had 'obligations' that had to be met, so to speak. Sun and Moon however are less constrained, so Game Freak has more freedom to make the kind of Pokemon game they want to. If X and Y were parallel to Diamond and Pearl on the DS - a by-the-numbers romp during the early years of the consoles life - then Sun and Moon will be the Black and White of the 3DS generation, which in my eyes can only be a good thing.

Whether this actually holds true or not is another story, but I imagine they'll take a lot more risks and try making Sun and Moon a much more "full" experience than gen 6 was.
>>
>>26288361
No.

I'm sorry, but this game is releasing directly behind the indisputable worst game in the entire main franchise. It would take more effort than the usual gamefreak fare to pull this series back from the vacuous monstrosity that was Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire.

I know people love to cite gen 5 but B/W2 was essentially a swansong, something that I don't think the current gamefreak is even capable of aping. But obviously, I'm a Pokemon fan. I would love for Gamefreak to prove me wrong with Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26288427
what?
>>
>>26288562
this
>>
>>26288361
Has potential, but seeing how they're not marketing it as much as they did for X&Y, I kinda doubt it.
>>
>>26288361
I'd love to agree, but I'm a pessimistic dick. The pinnacle of Pokémon isn't going to be this Gen.
>>
>>26288562
>I'm sorry, but this game is releasing directly behind the indisputable worst game in the entire main franchise
HG/SS/Plat released alongside Diamond/Pearl.

I fail to see your logic. If anything Game Freak has listened to us, and customization returning is a sign of that.
>>
>>26288361
"Redeem"? They're already doing exactly what is expected of them, what do you want? Most of you will give an answer that will result in "go back to your simulators". The rest are clearly not playing a game that is meant for you. You all need to get out now.
>>
>>26288384
And they turned out good too
>>
>>26288427
Proof?
>>
>>26288361
>We know that the new graphic is a step up
I don't disagree but I'm going to need more information.

This game looks amazing to me so far and I'm yet to find something that I don't like.
>>
I actually do think they want to redeem themselves to some extent, or they would just pump out Z for more easy money. But in the end its Game Freak so don't expect amazing effort.
>>
>>26288394
I pray they get whoever the fuck did BW/2's music back. Shit was amazing and made the jump to XY's decent but not great music so jarring.
>>
>>26288562
>monstrosity
>ORAS

Pick one.
>>
>>26289181
brah the world is not flat everything is more real life sized this is a huge step up
>>
>>26289255
you're right, we can't call ORAS a monstrosity. It's its own tier of bad, so I choose ORAS
>>
>>26288452
huh I never thought of it that way

I guess that would make ORAS analogous to HGSS?
>>
>>26289294
The people are not chibi style either. When I hear graphics are "a step up" I think drastic new engine. If it just means it's different from the other games that makes sense. I haven't played the recent games so I forget how the graphics look.

The overworld looks improved but the battle scene looks the similar other than the trainer in the back right?
>>
>>26288361
Being hyped for Sun & Moon after ORAS is like being hyped for Batman vs Superman after Man of Steel.

There's nothing to showcase that the games will be good, but there's already stuff showing that the games could be bad. There's fucking framerate drops in the first few seconds of the trailer, when the Professor calls out the starters. There's also framerate drops again with the legendaries' attack. And we've already seen that there will be more than one 'rival', which is another negative. The only positives thus far are trainer customisation returning and the removal of the chibi style.
>>
>>26289602
The trailer clearly has a "Game footage not final" disclaimer in the bottom at the beginning of the trailer. At the very least, I don't think it will lag at that starter select scene when it's finally released.
>>
There will be good things. There will be bad things. Every game is like this. Of course, negative asshats will only focus on the disappointments rather than any positives that SM provide. We still have 6 months to go before the game comes out. Get hype, but with a hint of caution. Just enjoy the ride for now.
>>
>>26288361
>the marketing strategy is very VERY different from XY
You do realise gen 6 was the outlying generation in that context right?
>>
We all know it's going to be the same pointless 8 badges and E4/Champion. Why pretend it's going to be anything else? Why does it even matter to you anyway? You're just going to play simulators like everyone else.
>>
>>26288361
>god damn it unova starters

/vp/ generally loved Unova's first stage starters you fucking newfags.
>>
>>26288427
You know the 3D camera thing was shown OUTSIDE of towns right?
>>
File: 161.png (839KB, 875x481px) Image search: [Google]
161.png
839KB, 875x481px
>>26289489
>>
>>26289310
Recked
>>
>>26289602
Well fuck you for not enjoying capekino and glorious 6th gen.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.