[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post yfw Marshadow the third legendary is based off the "bakunawa",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
Post yfw Marshadow the third legendary is based off the "bakunawa", a gigantic sea serpent that causes eclipses by eating the moon
>>
>>26281320
But Bakunawa is Filipino myth. If this was Guam, maybe pero hindi siguro
>>
>>26281361
>he says as if the country the region is based on has any influence on the legendaries
>>
>>26281361
And New York totally had musketeers, right?
>>
File: monsfug.jpg (22KB, 177x263px) Image search: [Google]
monsfug.jpg
22KB, 177x263px
>>26281320
>>
>>26281361
Yeah because Hawaii has myths about Daycats and Moonbats right?

Also America/Unova has nothing to do with the Djinn Legendaries.
>>
>>26281455
There are tons of gang stabbings in NY. So, yes.
>>
>>26281502
There is a lion myth in Hawaii where it watched the sky all day so
>>
>>26281551
No there isn't. Most of the animal related myths in Hawaii deal with lizards, sharks, boars, and monarchs.

In fact Hawaii's Goddess of the Moon is actually basically the story of Asia's Hina, where she had so many courtiers and eventually fucked off to the moon, and is typically associated with rabbits. Which also has very similar roots in Aztec and Mayan and various other cultures of the world.
>>
>>26281320
>Mars
>Shadow
it's an eclipse, guys
>>
>>26281931
>Mars
Eclipsefags need to learn.
Mars is a star. It's going to be a star themed mon. It's just going to be the edgy third one because mars is also the god of war/destruction
>>
>>26284091
Isn't Mars a planet..?
>>
>>26284234
火星 = Mars
火 = Fire
星 = Star
Mars = Fire Star
Third Legend will thus be based on the star mars. It probably won't be fire for the same reasons Zygarde isn't dark or poison despite being an evil poisonous snake in Norse mythology
>>
>>26281320
I'm personally under the impression that the theme of the Celestial trio would be intuitive thought or prophecies, according to a symbolism site the lion and bat both represent intuition and the sun and moon represent a "cosmic eye" also known as the "third eye" which appears to be what the symbols on Solgaleo and Lunaala's foreheads look like. The "third eye" also represents intuitive thought just like the lion and bat, but it also represents prophetic dreams or visions of the future. Another animal that represents intuition is the wolf, so I feel like Marshadow could be based around a wolf with this in mind. Leaving our final trio to be a solar lion, a lunar bat, and an ecliptic/planetary wolf.
>>
Where the hell did this "Marshadow" name come from?
>>
>>26281320
Nah Gamefreak will turn it to the afterlife Pokémon.
>>
File: legendaries.jpg (182KB, 1068x801px) Image search: [Google]
legendaries.jpg
182KB, 1068x801px
>>
>>26284424

Wait, wait, wait. What the fuck are you actually saying here? Yes, the Japanese kanji mean fire and star respectively but you're not actually saying that Mars is a an actual star right?

You DO know Mars is a planet right?

You DO know that what makes a star as star is the combustion of gases and that planets do not combust anything right?
>>
>>26284636
Trademarked names for Pokemon were found last month, the names Solgaleo, Lunaala, Marshadow, Mokuroh (Rowlet), Nyabby (Litten), and Ashimari (Popplio) were all found trademarks.
>>
>>26281931
>>26284091
>>26284234
>>26284424
So where's Mercury Venus and Jupiter?
>>
>>26284688
>implying stars combust
But yeah it's not a star, however, Japanese people believed it was until Europeans shoved a telescope in their faces and showed them.
>>
>>26284707
Okay that's what I thought but I didn't come across that name when I saw the news.
>>
>>26281361
And every Legendary would be a Fairy type.
>>
>>26284730
Pseudo legendary or event legendary.
Or not at all, who knows.

>>26284585
Ayy saw you posting this in another thread but it died while I was at work. Not sure about the wolf thing, but the third eye is an interesting observation
>>
File: 1462771875210.jpg (85KB, 960x712px) Image search: [Google]
1462771875210.jpg
85KB, 960x712px
>>26284585

Honestly read that as 'epileptic wolf' at first.

>mfw
>>
>>26284736

I'm sorry, I should have said nuclear reactions.

Better?
>>
>>26284866
Yes better.
It is necessary to nitpick physics terms on a board about monsters that are 18,000 degrees and kill Indian elephants a lot.
>>
Or they could just use Zygarde Perfect Form.
>>
File: marshadowfusion.gif (84KB, 520x420px) Image search: [Google]
marshadowfusion.gif
84KB, 520x420px
>>26284978
>tfw Zygarde perfect fuses with Marshadow
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.