[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who were against Hawaii, what was your reasons besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1459998400196.png (215KB, 377x428px) Image search: [Google]
1459998400196.png
215KB, 377x428px
For those who were against Hawaii, what was your reasons besides Zygarde? Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on Earth with diverse flora, fauna, and biomes. If you add in the rich culture, it would be a better choice for a region than Southern France, Spain, or another European country after Kalos.
>>
>>26276093
"Hurr durr Hawaii is too small and unimportant to be a region"
>>
>>26276128
This. And the fact that a region formed mostly for islands would involve a lot of water routes.
>>
I like Hawaii, but I can say that Italy would've been nice.

>Venice
>Florence
>Rome
>Sorrento
>Capri

Would've been cool. Hawaii is nice though
>>
>>26276149
What if there were boats like in the early parts of RSE?
>>
>>26276149
>Too much water, too much surfing
>Implying planes won't be used even though Japanese trailer suggested it
>>
>>26276093
Well for starters, I didn't really like the Sevii Islands, which is the closest comparison to Hawaii we had. If the starting island is any indication, I don't really want to be reliant on a boat to be traveling back and forth or having to travel between islands on water routes (a huge problem with Hoenn's late game), especially if Soaring doesn't come back in some form.

Secondly, jumping from Hoenn, a tropical region, to Alola, another tropical region, will probably burn me out quicker.
>>
>>26276093
>diverse fauna
meh not really. lots of bugs, birds, and aquatic life, but it is a big drop off after that.

>rich culture
It's nothing compared to a European or Asian region desu
>>
>>26276149
But what if they use a boat system like in the Sevii Islands as the main transport?
and then, just for something extra, make routes that actually do connect the islands as optional areas.
>>
>>26276093

I wasn't really against Hawaii, but I was skeptical that it was definitely Hawaii based on a palm tree and an outline of a bird.
>>
>>26276216
Doesn't mean it's not diverse just because there aren't many native mammals. Parring invasive species.

>It's nothing compared to a European or Asian region desu
It's pretty intensive. More than enough for a region.
>>
>>26276246
The strongest point was the licence plate, which would have been an incredible coincidence if the region was based on anything but Hawaii.
I still don't think the bird is a red-crested cardinal by the way.
>>
Island hopping can be an awkward way to explore a world. There will a strong sense of disconnection between individual areas.

Imagine if ALL of Hoenn was like the water routes and cities, except more ferries. There's a serious risk the ferries will make it feel like you're on a well regulated vacation than an adventure.
>>
>>26276340

Licence plate? Definitely missed that one. Happen to have a pic?
>>
>>26276093
read this post in daffy ducks voice.

I think its mostly just people saying their against Hawaii for memes to be honest.
>>
>>26276246
And the license plate and the fact Magearna was shown producing a hibiscus (Hawaii's state flower). There were tons of little hints.
>>
>>26276357
You assume Alola will be similar to Hoenn on the basis that they're both tropical regions.
And I use tropical loosely for Hoenn which barely qualifies.
>>
The only arguments I saw were

>HURR THEY JUST DID HOENN I DONT WANT A TROPICAL REGION TWICE IN A ROW
>>
>>26276149
You can sea a harbor on the main island from the trailer, that's clearly how we're going to get from island to island and Surf will probably just be very optional now or needed for areas ON the islands.
>>
>>26276340
Because it's clearly not a red crested cardinal, it's a woodpecker.
>>
>>26276093
Its a bunch of fucking islands not really an area of ecological diversity like a continental region like Kalos.
>>
>>26276093
How do we know the region won't be more than one place?

First third of game - Hawaii
Second third of game - Philippines
Last third of game - New Zealand
Postgame/Battle Frontier - Port-au-Prince
>>
>>26276547
Japanese site states blatantly it's based on Hawaii. Doesn't say anywhere else.

>>26276544
>Hawaii has no ecological diversity
Kalos isn't based on France's real ecological diversity.
>>
File: licence-plate-hawaii.png (112KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
licence-plate-hawaii.png
112KB, 468x263px
>>26276381
>>
File: region poll late march.png (628KB, 709x652px) Image search: [Google]
region poll late march.png
628KB, 709x652px
For me it was just
>they say it's hawaii because hawaii has myths about the sun and moon
RETARDED
>tweets from hawaii
wouldn't be the first time they tweeted from someplace not a region
>woodpecker
well, it's not like most pokemon reflect the animals in the real-world area
>Tiki mask
Could be a moai, could be a hindu snakething, could be a lot of things

Basically, i just thought people were grasping straws, and were just trying to justify their belief

Here's a poll from late march that shows what people believed then
>>
What does the flora and fauna of Hawaii have to do with the region? It's not like any other region used it's real-world country's shit except for Pidove in Unova.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.