[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So hear me out on this. The new setting for Sun/Moon appear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg (38KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_SunMoon_Starters.jpg
38KB, 620x400px
So hear me out on this.

The new setting for Sun/Moon appears to be Hawaii based. And while I know that the starter trio evokes a circus theme to some people, I wonder if there's another reason why they went with a common cat as a starter.

http://www.hicat.org/feral-cats-in-hawaii.html
>
Visitors to Hawaii are usually unaware that there is a serious cat overpopulation problem in our islands. Not for long, though. Soon after arrival many of these visitors begin noticing the strays. The cats are every place they look – in the alleys, by the hotels, near the restaurants, at the beach, in the parks, around the school grounds. Literally everywhere.

So of course you'd be able to pick a cat, they're everywhere (this could've also worked as one of the first pokemon to find outside of your town).

Another thing I want to pose is an idea for the plots, because of the same article.

>Abandonment by a transient population. Hawaii has a very large transient population. Today’s mobile lifestyle often encourages abandonment of animals. Students leave their pets behind, military leave pets behind. Moving from island to island, even the local population will abandon their pets when they find that taking them is inconvenient.

I realize that with some pokemon being able to use surf and some being able to fly that those don't fit as well, but it would be interesting if they ran with this idea for a number of the pokemon. You could even cover the flying/water pokemon with the inconvenience angle. You or someone else that shows up occasionally could be a person that shows that the bonds of friendship/family with pokemon do not have to break despite being separated. Alternatively you could help reunite some of the pokemon with their original owners.

The pokemon that have been left behind could also be implied to have gone feral/wild again, and/or trying to find new trainers as a sort of replacement issue.

cont.
>>
unlikely, but it sounds sexy

Further proof might be the Japanese trailer is specifically about moving and creating new links, but idk
>>
>>26275039
Basically the idea that I am going for is the theme of Ohana that was in Lilo & Stitch (which has now already done the pokemon-esque thing before this). Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. I think it would be a lot of work to implement those ideas though so they probably wouldn't go with something like that. But any thoughts or suggestions on it?

Ohana nuzlocke when?[/spoler]
>>
>>26275084
You're right, after looking at that I want this theme even more.

Also pokemon star version confirmed, hawaiian kid's name is Hoku. Hoku means star.
>>
This is too interesting for Gamefreak to implement, but I like this idea OP
>>
>>26275114

Adorable
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.